00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scottish Newgrounders

520 Views | 4 Replies

Scottish Newgrounders 2012-12-06 11:31:51

(And all interested individuals)

What is your opinion on Scotland becoming an independent nation?

BBS Signature

Response to Scottish Newgrounders 2012-12-06 11:49:04

At 12/6/12 11:31 AM, megasean3000 wrote: (And all interested individuals)

What is your opinion on Scotland becoming an independent nation?

It seems like there is a lot of confusion among the Scots about what independence would mean.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9726289/Scot land-would-have-to-apply-to-EU-and-lose-UKs-opt-out-after-se paration.html

I'm not sure what the likelihood of separation actually is, but it would seem to me that a separation would require a lot of new infrastructure spending while potentially harming their overall economy by losing many benefits they currently enjoy as being part of the Euro Zone. I question the wisdom of it.

Response to Scottish Newgrounders 2012-12-06 19:24:45

At 12/6/12 11:49 AM, theburningliberal wrote: I'm not sure what the likelihood of separation actually is, but it would seem to me that a separation would require a lot of new infrastructure spending while potentially harming their overall economy by losing many benefits they currently enjoy as being part of the Euro Zone. I question the wisdom of it.

they could separate from the UK and become a independent nation and still be part of the Euro Zone and still get benefits they just have to give a application.

Response to Scottish Newgrounders 2012-12-06 20:25:55

At 12/6/12 07:24 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 12/6/12 11:49 AM, theburningliberal wrote: I'm not sure what the likelihood of separation actually is, but it would seem to me that a separation would require a lot of new infrastructure spending while potentially harming their overall economy by losing many benefits they currently enjoy as being part of the Euro Zone. I question the wisdom of it.
they could separate from the UK and become a independent nation and still be part of the Euro Zone and still get benefits they just have to give a application.

It's not just about the application - the Scottish government who is proposing separation wants to keep the pound and is proposing that, legally, following separation they will not have to do the application process over again. Their argument is that the current benefits extended to the UK will still continue to apply to Scotland even if they separate, which apparently isn't the case. I am not fully aware of Euro Zone law on the matter, but there is a lot of talk that the Scottish government is wrong on this issue.

Response to Scottish Newgrounders 2012-12-07 02:00:11

One day I want to see us as an independant nation but unfortunatley now is not the time. The world's in a big economic mess and our green power and oil is nowhere near enough to sustain us.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature