00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

heyitskukii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

'Reality' Television

884 Views | 19 Replies

'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:12:52

There are a lot of television shows on these days that involve basic jobs such as towing, plumbing, pawning ... the list goes on. I've watched quite a few of these in my free time and I've come to the obvious conclusion that most if not all of them are extremely scripted and rather annoying at that. Don't get me wrong, they are entertaining, but only to a certain extent. If the show doesn't have any element of realism, I just can't watch it.

Which 'reality' television shows do you watch, and what is your overall opinion of them? Do you find any of them entertaining, or do you just watch them to see how stupid they are? How exactly do you feel that they impact television overall?

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:15:36

At 11/25/12 12:12 AM, Sectus wrote: entertaining,

Jersey Shore amiright guys?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:16:30

I don't watch reality shows anymore, they are all horrible. There's nothing real about them.

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:23:11

I find some of them entertaining. Like Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, I love New York, Megan wants a Millionaire. Stuff like that..
Not the Bachelor, Big Brother, The Kardashians, Here comes honey boo boo. Those are all stupid as hell.
Now a days reality TV feels extremely fake. I can't believe people actually think "The Hills" isn't scripted.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:25:14

I stopped watching reality shows such a long time back I barely even remember, we're talking about watching the first season of Survivor and then never again bothering.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:26:25

At 11/25/12 12:15 AM, imasmartass wrote:
At 11/25/12 12:12 AM, Sectus wrote: entertaining,
Jersey Shore amiright guys?

omygodomygodomygod Jersey shore is the best reality show I've ever watched! There's not another show more raw and real than that!

'Reality' Television

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:30:21

I used to watch repo men. At first I thought it was real, the reactions seemed genuine. Then it just got ridiculous. Then someone got shot, left the team, they got a replacement (A midget), and then coincidentally met up with the one that left the team during a repo.
At some point during that I thought 'I dunno man, this seems fake'

At this point in time I dont really like them.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:36:48

At 11/25/12 12:32 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote: That dude needs to shave his armpits. You could make rope out of that!

They are from Jersey Shore. They have the hygiene sense of an African Red Monkey.

'Reality' Television

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 00:39:35

Reality Television is just... horrible, it's either a massive food slut fest with Nigella and her lovelies or it's a guido fest where it's straight to walk around with no shirt on with your bros while putting on fake tan.

No homo.

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 01:00:34

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 01:41:29

There should be a show that documents the plight of bronies while they battle aspergers and try to talk to girls.

2 edgy

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 01:46:20

WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME THE BLACK OPS?

'Reality' Television

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 03:01:09

At 11/25/12 12:12 AM, Sectus wrote: Which 'reality' television shows do you watch, and what is your overall opinion of them? Do you find any of them entertaining, or do you just watch them to see how stupid they are? How exactly do you feel that they impact television overall?

I used to watch Big Bang Theory. I kind of liked it mainly for the nerd humor because I'm sad like that. I stopped watching TV a while back though, So I'm not caught up with the show anymore.

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 03:05:56

At 11/25/12 12:14 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 11/25/12 12:12 AM, Sectus wrote: Which 'reality' television shows do you watch
None of them because I'm not a fucking moron.

^This

A couple of days ago I was fixing my mom's friend's computer, and was in the process of reformating her hard-drive after doing a backup recovery of her files that she wanted me to keep, so while it was taking it's sweet-ass time, i decided to chill in the den with my mom till it was over. Unfortunately she happened to turn on "Honey Boo-Boo"... which her and a couple of people at my job have been raving about like its the greatest thing ever. So, taking the risk that i might loose some brain cells i decide to stick around to see what all the hub-bub was about...

... lets just say that after the first 5 minutes, I started thinking that maybe Hitler had something going with the whole "wipe out specific groups of people" thing, but he just poorly executed it.

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 03:49:40

At 11/25/12 03:05 AM, SuperSampleStar wrote: "Honey Boo-Boo"

I looked it up and let me say, wow, you are right

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 03:59:14

They aren't real. They may not be scripted, but they are at the least set up.

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 05:43:31

The only reality shows I watch regularly are:

Shipping Wars
Mike Holmes
Cowboy Builders

At least the last two are as real as it gets.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 10:28:45

theyre so unentertaining the formula of people talking to the camera about whats going on gets so fucking boring holy shit sorry b reh i cant do it i knowu like that trailor parc boyz show i really do but i jfucken seen to much dudes talking to cameras at all that shit aint even a relaity show but it is sour from the dayes of thwatching the fucken khshitties

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 10:52:09

They are all just so horribly scripted, but the one I have seen that I am able to stomach is something about towing. I forget what it is called, but in the first few episodes I've seen people get knocked out, cars exploded, and other various random acts. It looks more like a Micheal Bay film than anything.

Response to 'Reality' Television 2012-11-25 11:15:12

At 11/25/12 10:52 AM, Sectus wrote: They are all just so horribly scripted, but the one I have seen that I am able to stomach is something about towing. I forget what it is called, but in the first few episodes I've seen people get knocked out, cars exploded, and other various random acts. It looks more like a Micheal Bay film than anything.

That sounds like South Beach Tow. It is totally scripted.
I hate how these shows take normal jobs and professions and make them look more dramatic than they really are and people will believe this is what it's really like. Reality shows should be based around more interesting ideas like Impractical Jokers or Solitary.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature