00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Upcoming wannabe Twilight films

1,030 Views | 10 Replies

Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 20:51:51

Lets be honest, Twilight was incredibly successful in regards to profit due to the fact that they managed to target their audience so well. Now the director of Twilight as well as multiple other film producing companies were ready to go head first in to making replica films due in 2013 in a race to make the first wannabe film.

Lets have a look at a few here that could potentially cause a similar bullshit storm across the globe.

" Stephenie Meyers' newest film adaptation 'The Host' might well carry on where 'Twilight' left off. Starring Saoirse Ronan, it's about aliens that take over human thoughts. It's potentially franchise material, but parasitic aliens that crawl into people's brains aren't quite as sexy as vampires, are they? "

and

" So, with hot vampires and werewolves ticked off, how about hunky zombies? Another not-too-dissimilar future effort is the upcoming rom-zom-com (that's 'romantic zombie comedy' for anyone not up on the latest genre abbreviations) 'Warm Bodies'. "

The host ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRKjf8b4f2E )
Warm bodies ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07s-cNFffDM ) - *Seems somewhat decent*

Source : http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/next-twilight -115446062.html

What do you guys think?

Upcoming wannabe Twilight films

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 20:57:03

Do the aliens sparkle?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 21:03:53

Who cares about what films take that spotlight space now.

It'll finally be good to be able to like Robert Pattinson out loud without people assuming bitterly that its due to the Twilight series.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 21:05:06

Even the video game world is catching on:

http://mo.igg.com/hd/index.php

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 21:19:17

i foresee the next trend will be about a sexy Robert Pattinson figure not trying to spread his disease to the one he loves and a secret group of people just like him getting in all sorts of shenanigans. It may sound familiar, but instead of a vamipirism, it's aids.

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 21:38:02

Yeah, I don't know. Twilight for the most part was an awful, mary-sue, plot holed piece of crap.
Now, basing plots off of it is like trying to make something out of poop, it just won't work.
Another example is like piling poop on poop.
As long as feces is involved it makes a good example.

The zombie one seems a little different though, either way it just goes to show that if it makes money, shit is sell-able

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-22 22:12:12

Warm Bodies looks decent indeed, it doesn't look like "twilight with zombies" (well, not that much), in fact, the whole "zombies are curing themselves" thing, if done right, could be an interest twist to the zombie genre."

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-23 07:38:26

Warm Bodies looks surprisingly good.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-23 07:47:32

A friend of mine has claimed that "The Host" is proof that Stephanie Meyer isn't a god-awful author. I still haven't read it yet. Can anyone vouch for this?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-23 07:54:03

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Upcoming wannabe Twilight films 2012-11-23 08:21:35

At 11/23/12 07:47 AM, Ryanson wrote: A friend of mine has claimed that "The Host" is proof that Stephanie Meyer isn't a god-awful author. I still haven't read it yet. Can anyone vouch for this?

Judging from the film poster it looks exactly like she just recycled the idea of the Twilight series. The plot summary and trailer make it look like it'll be at least somewhat different though, but not much more than a generic sci-fi flick. We'll see.

Anyway, Warm Bodies actually looks all right and not-at-all like the Twilight series.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature