00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fuck, Black Friday here again

2,887 Views | 37 Replies

Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:02:43

I've grown to hate Black Friday. And no, not because of lines and traffic to some of my local shopping venues. Ever since I heard the story of that Wal-Mart employee getting trampled to death back in 08, I never wanted to shop on Black Friday again. You must understand, I'm usually incredibly optimistic, but for the first time in a long time, I lost a shit ton of faith in humanity, in America, in the mindless fucking throng of consumerism driven sheep that killed an innocent man to get to their iPods and Tvs for a small discount.

I mean, I've heard of people dying in stampedes, I've heard of panic stricken crowds running away from gun shots or bombs and trampling poor individuals to death for fear of their lives. But there were no gun shots, there were no bombs, not even a deranged man with a knife, just the promise of a few good deals. And this warranted the untimely death Jdimytai Damour? What kind of greedy fucking brain dead bastards would mindlessly trample like a spooked herd of ignorant cows? It still pisses me off, the whole inhumanity of it all, the injustice, no one was even prosecuted, fucking disgusting. I just hope the bastard that dealt the death blow can still feel and hear the crack of Mr. Damour's neck and revels in the guilt for the remainder of his days.

All this day reminds me of is the mindless consumerism that culminated in the untimely death of an innocent man. Keep your fucking deals.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:05:02

I dislike Black Friday because every time I see those ads and news for it I just think "uh greed"

and seriously? people trampling other people down for hot deals, lol people are desperate.

filler text

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:09:16

Wow, that sucks. Poor guy didn't deserve that kind of death. It just goes to show what greed can do to people

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:10:41

Oh yeah, and here's a link to an article on it. Funny, somewhere at the bottom a union tries to pin the blame on Wal-Mart for not having more safety procedures, I guess Wal-mart just had some ill placed faith that people would act less like savages.

link

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:10:46

Those people live in a cave. Humanity needs a re-do. Sometimes, I wish that the apocalypse does happen.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:15:31

Shit happens sadly.

I won't feel like a savage though for enjoying a bargain around this time of year when times are hard and Christmas is approaching.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:20:01

At 11/21/12 11:15 PM, Gagsy wrote: Shit happens sadly.

I won't feel like a savage though for enjoying a bargain around this time of year when times are hard and Christmas is approaching.

you don't have to buy christmas presents, I actually don't really see the point in buying them anyway now, unless if it's something for someone you love, I honestly don't know why why you have to gift 2000$ tv's to a 5 year old? I'm just wondering are "presents" a requirement of Christmas in the bible? I don't read it that much but I am kind of Christian..

filler text

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:21:16

also, I wasn't insulting you if you get the wrong idea by "2000$ tv's to 5 year old's" I was just referring to the population in general. My nephew got a flat screen for Christmas last year.

filler text

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:25:25

At 11/21/12 11:21 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: also, I wasn't insulting you if you get the wrong idea by "2000$ tv's to 5 year old's" I was just referring to the population in general. My nephew got a flat screen for Christmas last year.

Well you hit the nail on the head yourself.

"unless if it's something for someone you love"

I buy gifts for my parents, my nan, my brothers, my nephews and my dog. All the people (plus animal) I love in this world. As long as I have them and can provide happiness for them then I don't actually care about who gets trampled in the US due to greed and poor organization.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:27:04

I buy gifts for my parents, my nan, my brothers, my nephews and my dog. All the people (plus animal) I love in this world. As long as I have them and can provide happiness for them then I don't actually care about who gets trampled in the US due to greed and poor organization.

Well then as long as you try to look out for yourself in there I don't have anything against you.

filler text

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:44:05

The sad part is they keep expanding the statrt date for Black Friday sales to Thanksgiving evening

I saw a TV commercial for Toys'R'Us a few hours ago how they are starting Black Friday on 8pm Thanksgiving

It's shit like this that makes me wonder why we even celebrate thanksgiving anymore if people don't consider it an actual holiday anymore

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-21 23:54:52

At 11/21/12 11:27 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
Well then as long as you try to look out for yourself in there I don't have anything against you.

Looking after oneself is a completely different subject altogether. One I regularly fail at :(

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 00:19:50

Okay some asshole shot some dude over a PS3 at launch in a Walmart store. Are you against gaming cause of that? If your going to let a minority idiots influence your outlook on something how the hell do you enjoy life?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 00:32:47

At 11/22/12 12:19 AM, II2none wrote: If your going to let a minority idiots influence your outlook on something how the hell do you enjoy life?

minority OF.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 00:36:16

God...black friday was a living hell for me last year. I went to target because I just wanted to get a hard drive external because my previous one was damage. Since It was black friday I thought it would be a great time to find one at a decent price. As soon as I got there I get shoved and pushed to the wall. People were running and pushing like it was the great depression or something. The way people were acting at the store was mind boggling.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 01:06:40

Dude, thats why you dont shop at a fucking supercenter.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 03:25:51

Black Friday panders to those with an IQ of Below 40 like Lohan, Hilton, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce and so on

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 12:18:28

Which is why i get everything either the day after or on the Internet.

No hassles.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 20:09:48

I really don't like the emotion you are sporting. I'm actually rather concerned about your health. From what I see, one might say that you may use every emotion in a healthy fashion (such as anger and sorrow), but I don't think this emotion in any ways may be used as healthy in any ways. Sure you say you hate Black Friday, but that's not the only emotion you've been portraying.

Greed is terrible, its allows people to do inhuman thing. I do think that greed is wrong, albeit a very human and biotic action. But this emotion, that mixture of anger, hate, sorrow, and malice (especially the malice) brought together to form a pulp of pure emotion is, not only unhealthy, but I would say is more inhuman than the amount of greed that has appeared during Black Friday, especially that year. Your feelings are emitting a feel of something similar to a black hole, but no particles are being spewed out the other end.

As much I would agree with you about the whole situation, I really hope you find a way to calm down because I feel like no act of savagery could ever top this emotion that has been displayed in this post.

Peace out. No really, I mean peace out. In other word get some inner peace inside yourself.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-22 20:47:46

I'm going to work in that crap in a few hours. We'll see how it all pans out. It might sound bad, but I really do want to see some people get into fights. Watching two people fight over a damn TV that's on discount sounds like the ultimate in stupidly amusing entertainment.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 06:39:32

Humans are really retarded, especially the average man in the society.
I feel ashamed of what aliens must think of us.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 06:44:54

Anybody who buys anything on this day is a sucker.

The bait and switch deals are the least of your problems with the huge crowds, awful traffic, and tramplings.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 07:03:19

Just got Hitman: Absolution on PS3 for £22.99. Bargain seeing as I always intended to get that game around Christmas.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 09:18:13

I agree. People are just too retarded nowadays. I've heard tons of stories about "The U.S.; the great country" or "North America is the safest and best place to live".

How stupid are we really are? We created suburbia, building houses that hold about two or three people, maybe even just one when we could've fit more people into a condo; we built massive freeways and roadways that handle millions of cars a day, then we complain about traffic and pollution; we underfund transit, health care, education, water, ourselves; we make up a small portion of the world's population but we use up most of the world's resources; we say that "Child Slavery no longer exists, and we are all humane" yet we buy and use stuff made by child workers and underpaid people on the other side of the world; we claim that we care for everyone, yet we still refuse to put a few coins into that hobo's hand; we say that we are the richest power on earth, yet we keep saying "We don't have money this year", and yet the corporations have billions of dollars, and instead of taxing them we tax those who can't even put food on the table; we claim to be smart with tablets, laptops, cell phones, robots that can chat with people, computers that can solve a Rubiks cube, yet we are so retarded we can't even figure out how to cook instant noodles without setting the kitchen on fire, and we throw water onto the blaze, so stupid we don't even realize that water and grease don't mix.

And there's more; we are so retarded we celebrate Christmas six months before it actually occurs, and we have no idea what Christmas even means or is for. We can only think of one thing: MONEY. And if you keep thinking of money, you've just signed your own death warrant.

We are so stupid we'd kill our cousins just to get that shirt that your GF/BF won't like, that laptop that will break in just three weeks, those headphones that don't even work. And yet we still kill for those price drops, because we no longer care about what really matters: Family, Friends, Life... it's all gone for money. We literally sleep overnight outside of the store just to buy things at the 'hottest deals' (Twats can't realize they'll get robbed or kidnapped easily).

And yet we call ourselves the greatest superpower on earth.

What a pile of garbage. If there's a day I gotta go out to buy something, it will never be Black Friday. NEVER!

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 10:18:12

Traffic is just horrible today, I don't want think about going out today again.

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 10:21:03

Just think about it this way:

I don't care if Monday's blue. Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in love.

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 10:55:32

At 11/23/12 10:21 AM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: Just think about it this way:

I don't care if Monday's blue. Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in love.

THE CURE!

Monday, you can fall apart. Tuesday, Wednesday, break my heart. Oh, Thursday doesn't even start. It's Friday, I'm in love!

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 11:07:10

fuck WalMart employees OP I just scored me a 42 inch TV for 200 USD

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 13:29:20

Sounds about right..... just about.

Response to Fuck, Black Friday here again 2012-11-23 13:36:36

I dislike black friday because it's black.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature