00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shakycam movie complaints.

1,028 Views | 11 Replies

Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 02:14:15

I'm tired of people complaining about headaches from watching shakycam movies. A shakycam movie never gave me a headache in my life.

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 02:19:25

They're the same people prone to motion sickness, which affects about 1 in 3 people. It's not. An unreasonable complaint.

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 02:20:02

At 10/25/12 02:14 AM, Darthdenim wrote: I'm tired of people complaining about headaches from watching shakycam movies. A shakycam movie never gave me a headache in my life.

And since they've never given you a headache, no one else should complain about it? Sound logic there.

Shaky cam's never given me a headache either but there are other reasons to dislike it. Mainly because it's bloody obnoxious when it's overused.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 02:30:12

shakycam is fucing EPICC!!!!

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 05:54:53

At 10/25/12 02:25 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I found a film those kinds of people might be able to enjoy.

'The Empire State Building as itself'

lmao

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 06:56:14

There is a time and a place for such chaotic camera movement, most of which isn't present when it is used.

As a general rule of thumb using a camera which is meant to make the audience feel more like they are involved is only good in media where the audience is ACTUALLY involved. Which is videogames and not movies. Certain videogames can do it well if the chaotic movement of the camera is done well in such a way that the player feels more involved. But when the audience simply sit down to watch something for a few hours throwing in a blurry shaking camera isn't going to make anyone feel any more involved with the shit film.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 08:32:46

It doesn't give me a headache, but often I do find it quite distracting. I get that they want me to become more involved in the film and that they want to give a more realistic portrayal of the film's events, but it's a bit annoying if I can barely get a good view of what's going on.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 08:49:57

It makes it too hard to tell what's going on.

"Wait, who punched who again?"

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 08:55:14

I could understand it being done atmospherically for perhaps an earthquake scene or if it's done to emphasis a character's lack of coordination but it's usually done whenever and wherever the fuck just to try and make the situation seem intense rather than it's appropriate context of being disorienting.

Even jump-scares have their place.

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 09:34:51

They just annoy me. I'm sure they can make people a bit dizzy which is sometimes accompanied a headache but there is no way it is more than mildly discomforting for a moment.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 13:41:30

At 10/25/12 06:48 AM, NewShape wrote: There is a reason why the pioneers of cinema didn't do it.

No offense to those geniuses as they were the pioneers, but they did some seriously fucking boring things.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Shakycam movie complaints. 2012-10-25 15:26:23

ok you have a good point but uhm woudlnt this be mroe of a relevant discussion in 2009

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg