00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My friends are simpletons

860 Views | 9 Replies

My friends are simpletons 2012-10-10 23:51:36

Okay, a couple days ago, I showed my friend this song, and his first initial reaction was: "walking dead??? did they steal that name from the tv show??????@2#". Like really? It's not like the show or the comic books have the term "walking dead" copyrighted or anything, he acts as if that term never existed before that show/comic book series came around.

everyone's least favorite shitposter

grindr page

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 00:22:42

It was an honest mistake, I don't understand how that makes him a moron.

See, I'd like to say that I avoid morons, but I interact with quite a few of them, and most of them are quite endearing. Casual oversights - especially ones that require pop culture knowledge and not, you know, actual critical thinking, don't actually factor into why they're simpletons.

Intelligence is, to take the definition, a hearty helping of abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, reasoning, learning, retaining and some other stuff, but that's all that's relevant to this example. The initial oversight doesn't render him an idiot, but had you had to explain for the next 30 minutes why "The Walking Dead" was a free to use term, and that the comic books were not the first or last to use it, and all he did was stare back at you like a slack-jawed yokel, then it'd be safe to say that you were dealing with a guenuine dipshit.

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 00:28:26

You like Linkin Park. Your opinion is far too invalid to be calling other people simpletons.

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 00:33:47

obviously anybody who isn't familiar with the musical genius that is Linkin Park is a simpleton.

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 00:36:13

In the cult of TvTropes, the comics would be the trope namer I think, so he wins your duel.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 03:01:47

At 10/11/12 12:28 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: You like Linkin Park. Your opinion is far too invalid to be calling other people simpletons.

Hahaha, Nice

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 04:00:18

We're all simpletons when it comes down to it, though. Damned hypocrite.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 06:36:58

I see what you did there OP

If this wasnt a joke thread id rage.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 07:15:53

Looks like your friends have no idea on what's going on than.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to My friends are simpletons 2012-10-11 18:26:55

At 10/11/12 12:22 AM, Lintire wrote: It was an honest mistake, I don't understand how that makes him a moron.

but had you had to explain for the next 30 minutes why "The Walking Dead" was a free to use term, and that the comic books were not the first or last to use it, and all he did was stare back at you like a slack-jawed yokel, then it'd be safe to say that you were dealing with a guenuine dipshit.

I never said he was a moron, I know it was a mistake and all, and I'm not saying that I haven't made mistakes like that in the past, but he pretty much did what you just said.

At 10/11/12 12:28 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: You like Linkin Park. Your opinion is far too invalid to be calling other people simpletons.

I KNO FUCK ME FOR HAVING A PREFERENCE RITE? LOL

At 10/11/12 02:37 AM, Cootie wrote: Why be friends with him at all if you look down on him so?

We pick on each other a lot, we're like brothers. Also, i don't look down on him, I'm just saying. lol

everyone's least favorite shitposter

grindr page

BBS Signature