00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best Gba Rpgs?

2,007 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-06 10:11:24

What are the best you could recommend? I dusted off my old GBA SP and decided it was high time to get some RPGs. I already have Golden Suns 1 and 2, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Poke'mon Leaf Green and Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-06 11:35:12

Final Fantasy VI. I believe it's generally considered the best version of the game as it comes with lots of extras. Though if you live in Europe, get ready to fork over a serious amount of cash for a PAL version (50 euros).

Other than that I would've suggested the Golden Sun series but you already have those. Maybe you'll like Fire Emblem?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-06 16:04:40

Poke: Rescue Team was fun.

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-06 16:44:20

At 10/6/12 11:35 AM, Auz wrote: Maybe you'll like Fire Emblem?

I'd agree with this. Those are some pretty fun RPG games. Also, since the GBA can play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on the GBA, I'd say you should look for Final Fantasy Legend III and the Pokemon Trading Card Game (It's a Gameboy Color Game by Hudson Soft).

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-06 21:05:47

At 10/6/12 10:11 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: What are the best you could recommend? I dusted off my old GBA SP and decided it was high time to get some RPGs. I already have Golden Suns 1 and 2, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Poke'mon Leaf Green and Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story.

Try Mother 3. It was only released in Japan so the only way to play it in English is to emulate it and use the fan translation for it. it isn't that hard to play the Japanese version if you know where to go and what to do. The items have little pictures by them in menues so it is easy to tell what type of item it is (food, weapon, etc.)

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-07 00:41:23

Fire Emblem the sacred Stones is an excellent game to get into the series with. Also Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-07 10:15:57

You had Pokemon 3rd Gen, Final Fantasy 1, 4, 5, and 6, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mega Man Battle Network, Mother 3, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, and that's just what I've played!

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-07 22:12:02

If you have Golden Sun you already have the best Gameboy Advance RPG.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-07 22:22:34

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
Any ports of FF games.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-08 00:14:10

Golden Sun was cool.

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-08 16:43:28

Well there is Dragon Warrior I & II for the Game Boy Color.

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-08 17:31:56

I can only think of a couple, since you basically listed my favorite GBA games (extra-special mention to Swordcraft Story!)

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Fire Emblem (as well as Sacred Stones)
Final Fantasy IV and VI
Also of note are Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union, which are games I've heard good things about but haven't personally had the chance to play.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Gba Rpgs? 2012-10-08 18:25:11

At 10/8/12 05:31 PM, Raiespio wrote: I can only think of a couple, since you basically listed my favorite GBA games (extra-special mention to Swordcraft Story!)

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

I have already beaten these two games all the way backwards and forwards. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow especially. I sometimes speedrun it.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature