00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DJing on a real PA at a real event

1,549 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Well i got my first big show (yay me)

being flown to puerto rico, november 17th.

I've djed a few times at small parties with friends, ive practiced, and im pretty good at it. I have 2 issues to deal with though,

1) ive been practicing on a real (hardware) 4 track mixer routed with midi into my desktop, using traktor for decks. Is this gonna translate well when i DJ off of who knows what system at a festival? for people who DJ alot, what options are usually open for choosing what type of system you want to DJ off of? If i have to go all pioneer hardware will i be fine?

2) I've barely ever pirated/ripped music, i have too much respect for the artists i like but no cash to support them. Im good enough friends with label managers and artists to get a lot of tracks from them, but it still wont be enough for a well built diverse set. Going about starting a WAV music collection costs a ton of money and time, its too late and i dont have money for the latter.

HELP

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 18:51:52

At 9/28/12 06:15 PM, jpbear wrote: 2) Going about starting a WAV music collection costs a ton of money and time, its too late and i dont have money for the latter.

"Hey man, I'll pay you back..."

Hope you have some wealthy friends...

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 19:26:57

At 9/28/12 07:10 PM, Omegeist wrote: I thought this was Tom full for a moment

Tom does not have Hitler's moustache. Damnit, Omnegeist!

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 19:36:42

people have commented on our similarities before, rest assured it is mere coincidence.

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 21:00:11

hey I am from Puerto Rico where are you going to be playing?

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 21:26:11

At 9/28/12 09:00 PM, retrobox2 wrote: hey I am from Puerto Rico where are you going to be playing?

san juan,

https://www.facebook.com/events/469957089702779

real responses now plz

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-28 21:27:47

At 9/28/12 09:26 PM, jpbear wrote: real responses now plz

One of my responses was real. I recommend you ask one of your contacts if you can borrow money.

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 12:44:00

le bump

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 14:12:27

At 9/28/12 06:15 PM, jpbear wrote:

1) ive been practicing on a real (hardware) 4 track mixer routed with midi into my desktop, using traktor for decks. Is this gonna translate well when i DJ off of who knows what system at a festival? for people who DJ alot, what options are usually open for choosing what type of system you want to DJ off of? If i have to go all pioneer hardware will i be fine?

Hmmm? You will be using your own mixer and desktop (all your hardware)
Running into the PA

Translation should be identical

BBS Signature

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 15:15:25

At 9/30/12 02:12 PM, RobSoundtrack wrote:
At 9/28/12 06:15 PM, jpbear wrote:

Hmmm? You will be using your own mixer and desktop (all your hardware)
Running into the PA

Translation should be identical

id need to buy a laptop either way, desktoping currently. Ill ask the owners about whats available i guess.

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 15:34:50

Dude lets Skype tonight and ill go over a few things with you. I have a GIANT collection of music (like 30,000 songs right now) and would be willing to send you some music. It is mostly Goa, Psy, Trance, House, Elektro, Drum n Bass, Brostep, Dubstep, Downtempo, Loungue, Glitch, and well ok I have like everything on there.

I would love to help you out. I just got my first weekly DJ gig at a local bar where the electronic scene is at so I'm VERY happy. Most of the time I've had to travel half way across the state and waste a shit load of gas, lol. Good luck to you bro and let me know if you'd like my Skype help. ;)

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 15:54:36

ill hit ya up later fatkid, already got your contact!

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 19:38:15

Want a solid tip? Focus on clean mixing and transitions not doing silly tricks like flanger over a delay, or beatmashing every 4 bars. Let your first track play for a good 3 minutes, let your music selection do the work, the music is good so let it do its job.

BBS Signature

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-09-30 21:58:24

At 9/30/12 07:38 PM, Cross666 wrote: Want a solid tip? Focus on clean mixing and transitions not doing silly tricks like flanger over a delay, or beatmashing every 4 bars. Let your first track play for a good 3 minutes, let your music selection do the work, the music is good so let it do its job.

i fully agree :D

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-10-01 13:56:45

At 9/30/12 09:58 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 9/30/12 07:38 PM, Cross666 wrote: Want a solid tip? Focus on clean mixing and transitions not doing silly tricks like flanger over a delay, or beatmashing every 4 bars. Let your first track play for a good 3 minutes, let your music selection do the work, the music is good so let it do its job.
i fully agree :D

Oh and of course don't forget to have fun. If you make a lil' fuck up shrug it off and keep the beat rolling.

BBS Signature

Response to DJing on a real PA at a real event 2012-10-01 21:55:48

Oh and of course don't forget to have fun. If you make a lil' fuck up shrug it off and keep the beat rolling.

^ this guy. congrats. i'd love to do a live show.

this text is strong...