00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrMeltingPoint just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I want to thank Newgrounds...

1,142 Views | 3 Replies

I want to thank Newgrounds... 2012-09-20 14:10:06

After almost 4 years of making my music and posting it on this site, averaging about 4,000 views per song and a rating of about 4.40 (for all 63 of my submissions) ....

I have finally reached 20 dollars in profit from ads on my page and songs page, YES. (sarcasm)
Even though money wasn't the reason I'm choosing to post my songs on newgrounds, it makes you wonder what the point of it all is.

what makes it seem even more pointless is that newgrounds is now selling us out and giving the option for viewers to pay 25 dollars to newgrounds to not have ads when they visit newgrounds.. think about it.

although newgrounds might be gaining quantity(people who visit the site) they are losing the quality of the people who make the site. just remember the motto, "everything by everyone." Hopefully newgrounds can figure out a better way to keep the quality, and motivate at least the audio portal to want to continue.

(luckily I have all my cool fans for that)

this is not meant to attack newgrounds.. I almost didnt even post this. i just dont like the way this site is progressing. I want it to feel like as this site grows that there's more benifits for the artists, not less.

SKILLZmakeKILLZ

BBS Signature

Response to I want to thank Newgrounds... 2012-09-20 14:16:46

At 9/20/12 02:10 PM, SKILLZmakeKILLZ wrote: After almost 4 years of making my music and posting it on this site, averaging about 4,000 views per song and a rating of about 4.40 (for all 63 of my submissions) ....

I have finally reached 20 dollars in profit from ads on my page and songs page, YES. (sarcasm)
Even though money wasn't the reason I'm choosing to post my songs on newgrounds, it makes you wonder what the point of it all is.

what makes it seem even more pointless is that newgrounds is now selling us out and giving the option for viewers to pay 25 dollars to newgrounds to not have ads when they visit newgrounds.. think about it.

"The only ads you will see are the pre-roll ads people put inside their games and movies." what about the audio portal? are we left out again?

SKILLZmakeKILLZ

BBS Signature

Response to I want to thank Newgrounds... 2012-09-20 14:21:41

You're acting as if the introduction of being able to support the site with $25 is actually taking something away from us. It's not like we never had ads and now Tom's throwing ads to the pages of anyone who doesn't donate. The whole point of donating isn't even to take away the ads. It's to help support the site's growth. Tom just added the feature of taking away the ads to make it a more attractive option because frankly Newgrounds needs money to grow.

What other options are there? Selling Newgrounds to large faceless corporations? THEN the quality of the people who make the site will decrease, I can assure you. Lots of things would change around here if that were to happen, and first on the to-do list is probably banning adult content. THAT is when the motto of 'everything by everyone' stops making sense.

The support option isn't hampering your experience in any way and I don't see why you think it's making artists benefit less. In fact I think PsychoGoldfish even tried to make the ads load differently upon the introduction of the support option just so that they can perhaps load a little faster for the users who don't donate. And before I go into some teary-eyed patriotic speech about how Newgrounds promotes art, collaboration and creativity so much more than other sites, I'll just stop here and say that I can't understand your point.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to I want to thank Newgrounds... 2012-09-20 14:24:16

If you had actually read the reasoning behind the Supporter option, you'd know that Newgrounds is not "Selling us out"... Tom is trying to keep it independent instead of caving and taking venture capital... I.E. Actually selling out.

If you wanna bitch about shit you know nothing about, please feel free to do so in your newspost, not on the forums.

In the last couple weeks, the Audio Portal has come farther than it has over the last couple years. I think you should be grateful for that progress, not deciding it's not good enough for you.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature