00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

raptoraudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

For a fact that God exists?

2,187 Views | 34 Replies

For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:00:08

Tell me the facts.

Here are mine.

I have never walked on water.

I have never heard voices from a above or met a sane person who has heard voices.

I have never seen a angel.

I have never seen a ghost.

I have never had a vision.

I have never burning bush talk to me.

I have never believed one being can control the fate and turn of the universe/multiverse on a whim. If such a entity did exist, then they surely would be alien to me. One could even speculate that they could be billions and billions of years more advanced than us.

We can create primitive exotic materials nanotechnology. We communicate with out ever meeting a person, akin to speaking through the room with the "holy voice of god" (our computer)

It is clear to me, that we are the gods..

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:02:15

At 8/28/12 09:00 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:

The bible predicts that man would become lovers of themselves rather than lovers of their creator.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:05:03

At 8/28/12 09:02 PM, JBK wrote:
The bible predicts that man would become lovers of themselves rather than lovers of their creator.

The Bible says a lot of things that ended up being true. It also says a lot of things that are questionable without proof.

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:06:54

At 8/28/12 09:05 PM, Scarface wrote:
The Bible says a lot of things that ended up being true. It also says a lot of things that are questionable without proof.

There were some great philosophers that contributed to it but people are flawed. As the bible says.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:26:24

There were some great philosophers that contributed to it but people are flawed. As the bible says.

So by your logic if man wrote the bible, then the bible is flawed?

I like your style :D

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:30:56

At 8/28/12 09:30 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: no i am the gods

I am still trying to turn blood into wine, why is it not working!!

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:31:21

At 8/28/12 09:26 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:

Yet it accomplishes what it was set out to do. Pretty much.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:38:16

At 8/28/12 09:31 PM, JBK wrote:
At 8/28/12 09:26 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:

Yet it accomplishes what it was set out to do. Pretty much.

Who are our creators? "Please say space dust" "please say space dust"

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:40:38

At 8/28/12 09:38 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
Who are our creators? "Please say space dust" "please say space dust"

I can't answer that, I'm "agnostic."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:56:12

At 8/28/12 09:41 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:

^Very true

I ponder a deeper question....Why is it that some cultures will wage war for their "creator" while the scientific would rather "create" ie, AI,Robotics...

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 21:56:58

If everyone is a god, then there is no god.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:00:58

At 8/28/12 09:56 PM, Painbringer wrote: If everyone is a god, then there is no god.

I wish there was a like button on newgrounds, cause I want to give you a thumbs up for getting it.

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:01:01

But what if man became lovers of the Ubermensch?

Then your bible would have predicted nothing, and that is as far as I will get into this inevitable flamewar.

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:11:25

At 8/28/12 10:01 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
But what if man became lovers of the Ubermensch?

Then your bible would have predicted nothing, and that is as far as I will get into this inevitable flamewar.

Your asking questions from which you already know the answer to. What if? It happened, the Allies stomped the Nazis and there Ubermensch back into the stone age. Sure some countries might try to imitate with communism and Fascism. But Fact, it has not worked.

Flamewar? I would see this thread locked and buried before that happens.

This last bit is the juiciest, god says he loves us. Then why would he damn us and our souls, to hell for eternal damnation. For the FACT of not believing or acknowledging that he exist.

You ask me...he is a Nazi..

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:13:23

That's a pretty loaded statement. We can't even cure a few fatal diseases. We need to take control of some more planets and make contact with other lifeforms before we can consider ourselves as gods at least.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:18:12

At 8/28/12 10:11 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
Your asking questions from which you already know the answer to. What if? It happened, the Allies stomped the Nazis and there Ubermensch back into the stone age. Sure some countries might try to imitate with communism and Fascism. But Fact, it has not worked.

You do realize that Nietzsche hated mass movements, anti-Semites, and that the Nazi's basically butchered his philosophy to use it for propaganda, right?

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:19:29

At 8/28/12 10:11 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 8/28/12 10:01 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
This last bit is the juiciest, god says he loves us. Then why would he damn us and our souls, to hell for eternal damnation. For the FACT of not believing or acknowledging that he exist.

You ask me...he is a Nazi..

It's your choice to be damned or not. Just so long as you choose to follow God. Its his kingdom and he can accept who he wants.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:21:16

LETS MAKE THIS A SERIOUS THREAD. I'll start.

I am atheist and I am right about everything. Fuck religion.

I'll take the affirmative.

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:31:29

At 8/28/12 10:18 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:

You do realize that Nietzsche hated mass movements, anti-Semites, and that the Nazi's basically butchered his philosophy to use it for propaganda, right?

Yes, and same could be said about the swastika

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:31:37

At 8/28/12 09:56 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: I ponder a deeper question....Why is it that some cultures will wage war for their "creator" while the scientific would rather "create" ie, AI,Robotics...

That's not a deeper question. Actually, grammatically, that wasn't a question at all. Anyways, you're assuming war is fought for religious reasons, and that all religions will fight wars in the name of their religion, which is not the case. Then, you're assuming all those who pursue science do so for peaceful means. "The scientific," as you so call them, also created the atomic bomb. Plus, we can assume that since you have separated the religious from "the scientific," that you believe that all who pursue scientific studies do not believe in God, which is not true.

Please, if you're going to argue against somebody else's religion, do so in a less pretentious, more thought out fashion. The lack of thought people put into religious threads is insulting enough to the religion that these threads ridicule.

Exploding genitalia

"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:33:57

At 8/28/12 09:38 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Who are our creators? "Please say space dust" "please say space dust"

Energy. Space dust is the bread, the peanut butter, and the jelly, while energy is what puts them together to makes a PB&J sandwich.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:36:30

Jon Finkel is god.

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:36:42

At 8/28/12 10:31 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:

Because there is no difference between a simple graphic and an entire system of thought, and ideas.

Since you aren't even providing an argument at this point, I'm done here.

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:38:02

At 8/28/12 09:56 PM, Painbringer wrote: If everyone is a god, then there is no god.

Unless...

Everybody is a God, all 7 Billion of us have our own planet with a species that we preside over, but we're all ruled by one God, and as punishment for some unknown thing we have done in the past, the Supreme God trapped us all on Earth, knowing that massive amounts of bloodshed would ensue. What if we're all Gods, but our purpose in the eye of the one God is too kill all the other Gods/people and exterminate our own kind and fulfill the punishment we were given?

wut

Exploding genitalia

"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:40:25

At 8/28/12 10:36 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 8/28/12 10:31 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
Because there is no difference between a simple graphic and an entire system of thought, and ideas.

Since you aren't even providing an argument at this point, I'm done here.

The swastika is cool.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:41:29

The context of which you have failed to consider is the individuality of each of our vessels [the human body] that of which is encompassed by a sense of interpersonal control that could lead to the notion that we are our own gods, while applying the notion that our status of having a god-esque means absolutely nothing to that of which lies outside of our interpersonal realm [the human mind]

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:48:53

At 8/28/12 10:31 PM, Wagggs wrote:

First off, lets set aside grammatically here in the corner for a minute, because were both not English college professors. Though..the question unto itself is as deep as you make it. I said, "let me" (ponder a deeper question) Whoever said it was a question? But a comment in a passing. It's my opinion, and it is not always right. However, I am only human like me and you.

When did I ever assume...or say that "all religions will fight wars in the name of their religion" You talk about atomic bombs, holy wars killed more people than atomic bombs. FACT Science has also saved more lives than "miracle spells" FACT

You also assume "that you believe that all who pursue scientific studies do not believe in God"

If you ask me "you assume a lot of things"

I say your same response back

" do so in a less pretentious, more thought out fashion. The lack of thought people put into religious threads is insulting enough to the religion that these threads ridicule."

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:50:23

Religion is a euphemism for 'Retard Legion'.

Faith is a euphemism for ''I have nothing else to provide.''

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 22:53:15

At 8/28/12 10:51 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 8/28/12 10:41 PM, ObnoxiousCortex wrote: The context of which you have herped a derp
insanctuary's back

Yes, I am... Why don't you acknowledge how massive of a fallacy it is to judge someone's character based off of an old premise.

Response to For a fact that God exists? 2012-08-28 23:01:08

At 8/28/12 10:56 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 8/28/12 10:53 PM, ObnoxiousCortex wrote: Yes, I am... Why don't you acknowledge how massive of a fallacy it is to judge someone's character based off of an old premise.
Nobody judged your character.
I read what you posted and recognised the same pseudo-philosophical bollocks syntax as was prevalent in all your other alts.

Then you are seeing me under the same light as you had with your previous impression of my character - that is the definition of judging, sir.

Hence the old claim that what I say is a faux pas of philisophical prose, and this alleged incorrection of syntax.

Considering that what I have said makes perfect sense, I'd critically suggest that you re-read what I have written and elaborate on this alleged potential error in my syntax, sir.