00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Logo Advice. (<3)

3,884 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-07 22:24:51

Whats this missing? - Too much, Too little?

Its obviously, a Eagle/Falcon as a radiation symbol. Its our Logo for Area 21 - Laser Tag. Trying to Come up with something unique. ^.^

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 00:46:55

It looks good. Adding any more could risk ruining it's style, but you can experiment with trying to put the name into the logo.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 01:17:37

It looks awesome.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 04:15:01

Maybe make the leg bit a bit longer?

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 11:26:46

At 8/8/12 04:15 AM, DragonWithProblems wrote: Maybe make the leg bit a bit longer?

Mm, I dont want the focal point ruined that its infact a radiation symbol. If I make the leg Longer - it make take away from it. I do intend to add more to the leg though, make the talons correctly - giving them more than just one. I also might redo the head, MAYBE - and i want to take the outside lines out, and redo them because they dont make a perfect circle. SO I'm gonna do that - and then try putting it on multiple diff posters and things we use at the facility to see what it would look like. I think I want it to be a Badge. So, I will create a emblem border around it, for a clothing attachment - like a Military badge, or police badge. Since the people wearing it, are "Laser Marshals". Myself included. The more Bad ass the better.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 13:51:22

maybe making the center the head of the bird, like its coming at you

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 14:15:03

At 8/7/12 10:24 PM, pockets08 wrote: Whats this missing? - Too much, Too little?

Its obviously, a Eagle/Falcon as a radiation symbol. Its our Logo for Area 21 - Laser Tag. Trying to Come up with something unique. ^.^

I'd work on the spacing and shape of the weird bits at the ends of the tail and wings; make em a bit more evenly spaced on the wings and more like feathers.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 14:33:46

I'd say that it is all good other then the legs which at there current position they make the bird look fat bodied and that gives it a more pigeon as opposed to eagle body and it almost ruins it for me.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 14:39:04

At 8/8/12 02:33 PM, Decky wrote: I'd say that it is all good other then the legs which at there current position they make the bird look fat bodied and that gives it a more pigeon as opposed to eagle body and it almost ruins it for me.

where do you suggest I put them? Im tryign to keep the circular shape - because the radiation, maybe if I move em up they wont look awful. Ill give it a go.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 14:43:49

At 8/8/12 02:33 PM, Decky wrote: I'd say that it is all good other then the legs which at there current position they make the bird look fat bodied and that gives it a more pigeon as opposed to eagle body and it almost ruins it for me.

Boom? lol

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 15:28:25

At 8/8/12 02:43 PM, pockets08 wrote:
Boom? lol

Kind of digging that actually.
I really like the orange color.

Thats a personal fave though.

Have you considered two tones or perhaps other color schemes?

although, like I said, I really like the orange.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 15:37:52

At 8/8/12 03:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/8/12 02:43 PM, pockets08 wrote:
Boom? lol
Kind of digging that actually.
I really like the orange color.
Thats a personal fave though.
Have you considered two tones or perhaps other color schemes?
although, like I said, I really like the orange.

Two colors maybe not, because it needs to be a Simple vector, so we can paste it onto many things like clothes (one color = less money to print) and the wall (Orange is the most vibrant black light color we use on average) - and as for just diff color in general, it will be changed in color, for diff objects. Like - on my game over mission failed screen - it will be metalic chrome colors, etc - but as for the base, original color will be Orange at the moment. - In terms of graphics for posters etc that we have, I can multi tone for shading, etc. Idk though - If you have an Idea, for schemes Ill def try it and post it!

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 16:14:00

I tried to make the head, a little more aggresive, and more eagle like - what do you think?

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 16:27:59

At 8/8/12 04:14 PM, pockets08 wrote: I tried to make the head, a little more aggresive, and more eagle like - what do you think?

Looks better like that, really like how it's coming a long.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 16:37:08

At 8/8/12 04:14 PM, pockets08 wrote: I tried to make the head, a little more aggresive, and more eagle like - what do you think?

It does look better but i think that the head and wings should still have a gap between them also maybe but the outer circle back and see what it looks like then.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 17:41:17

At 8/8/12 04:37 PM, Decky wrote:
It does look better but i think that the head and wings should still have a gap between them also maybe but the outer circle back and see what it looks like then.

Mkay - im working on making the outer circle, properly a circle. lol. It was more of a egg shape at first... Be posting the edit here in a moment!

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 18:44:45

At 8/8/12 05:41 PM, pockets08 wrote:
At 8/8/12 04:37 PM, Decky wrote:
Mkay - im working on making the outer circle, properly a circle. lol. It was more of a egg shape at first... Be posting the edit here in a moment!

Okay, so heres two versions of it. Ones without the circle outline, and a background shape - which is of course black. The other is a perfect circle outline - and the eagles head was gapped between the wings. Which should stay?

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:04:13

At 8/8/12 06:44 PM, pockets08 wrote:
Okay, so heres two versions of it. Ones without the circle outline, and a background shape - which is of course black. The other is a perfect circle outline - and the eagles head was gapped between the wings. Which should stay?

Nice so far, but a buddy and I think you should really make the black circle on the second one much larger.
As a personal note, I don't care as much for the thin lines on the one on the left.

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:09:21

At 8/8/12 07:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/8/12 06:44 PM, pockets08 wrote:
Nice so far, but a buddy and I think you should really make the black circle on the second one much larger.
As a personal note, I don't care as much for the thin lines on the one on the left.

Heres an example of hwo the Logo will be used - the black circle is going to go awy because most graphics that I use get grunge brushed for the theme were using.

had to link. file was too big. - and the lines are in this one, but you cant see em too well - but i think future graphcis might work well with the lines. I like em without, in this image. but with - in others... So I think it will vary on a few things? Not sure - watcha thinkin kinsei?

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:12:22

At 8/8/12 07:09 PM, pockets08 wrote: Heres an example of hwo the Logo will be used - the black circle is going to go awy because most graphics that I use get grunge brushed for the theme were using.

I Recall seeing that in the portal.
But I still think something to enclose the logo will help. Here is some examples

Logo Advice. (<3)

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:13:46

At 8/8/12 07:12 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/8/12 07:09 PM, pockets08 wrote: Heres an example of hwo the Logo will be used - the black circle is going to go awy because most graphics that I use get grunge brushed for the theme were using.
I Recall seeing that in the portal.
But I still think something to enclose the logo will help. Here is some examples

I see you twisted mah feathers there good sir :P

I see whatcha mean, and I like it!

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:16:53

At 8/8/12 07:13 PM, pockets08 wrote: I see you twisted mah feathers there good sir :P

Yeah I had to clip them just a little. They extended a bit too far, and it became apparent when I tried to place the circle around the logo. With as far out as they were, it kind of broke the flow of the "Circle" you already had going.
So In short, I guess I was just trying to get it to fit in the circle.

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:19:53

At 8/8/12 07:16 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/8/12 07:13 PM, pockets08 wrote: I see you twisted mah feathers there good sir :P
Yeah I had to clip them just a little. They extended a bit too far, and it became apparent when I tried to place the circle around the logo. With as far out as they were, it kind of broke the flow of the "Circle" you already had going.
So In short, I guess I was just trying to get it to fit in the circle.

Well it actually worked really well. I appreciate it actually.

it actually a lot more - Direct. its more of what you look at, in terms of the graphic. I really like that - Thank you Kinsei. :)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:24:13

At 8/8/12 07:19 PM, pockets08 wrote: Well it actually worked really well. I appreciate it actually.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pockets08/game-over-scree n-area-21
it actually a lot more - Direct. its more of what you look at, in terms of the graphic. I really like that - Thank you Kinsei. :)

Glad I could help somewhat.
I hope that the Lazer tag thing goes good.

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-08 19:43:30

At 8/8/12 07:24 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/8/12 07:19 PM, pockets08 wrote: Well it actually worked really well. I appreciate it actually.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pockets08/game-over-scree n-area-21
Glad I could help somewhat.
I hope that the Lazer tag thing goes good.

Alrighty - CALLING IT DONE!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the help and support - heres the absolute finalization. IMO

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-09 00:48:37

So after showing it to my boss, he goes "What about flames out its mouth?" and I was like "Dafuq you justsay to me? You wanna get slapped, bitch?" jk - I didnt say that, though I did put my input of - laaaame. SO - another employee saw it, and made one, and it horrified me and i thought he was gonna steal my thunder - so I instantly created a Phoenix like he thought it was in the first place...for some reason.

I mean. I like it.. its cool.. :P I was just hoping to have got it right, the first time. =/

Logo Advice. (<3)

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-09 01:22:26

I don't know if it's just me, but this bit here looks like a bumhole.

Logo Advice. (<3)

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-09 01:40:06

At 8/9/12 01:22 AM, Aigis wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but this bit here looks like a bumhole.

ROFL....well..it might just be you, but now the whole world. Thank you. lmao.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-09 10:17:45

At 8/9/12 01:40 AM, pockets08 wrote:
At 8/9/12 01:22 AM, Aigis wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but this bit here looks like a bumhole.
ROFL....well..it might just be you, but now the whole world. Thank you. lmao.

Yeah..... now I can't unsee it.

Response to Logo Advice. (<3) 2012-08-09 10:34:12

At 8/9/12 12:48 AM, pockets08 wrote: I mean. I like it.. its cool.. :P I was just hoping to have got it right, the first time. =/

Your boss is an idiot. It was far better the first time. It had an air of simplisity about it and in my opinion the flames that you have added almost completely ruin it. I always find that with logos the more straight forward the better.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature