00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I did some art again.

908 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I did some art again. 2012-07-25 20:03:00

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/96eae2068b4d0239c9655b17 a525826b

Let me know what you think.

Yes, it's a dwarf hauling a sperm whale in a cage across time.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 00:41:20

i think it is way too simple

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 00:47:25

At 7/26/12 12:41 AM, BeaKaiser wrote: i think it is way too simple

And needs some detail.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 01:30:20

At 7/26/12 12:47 AM, J-Rex wrote:
At 7/26/12 12:41 AM, BeaKaiser wrote: i think it is way too simple
And needs some detail.

Both of those phrases completely describe your comments as well. Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone. Don't just say that it's too simple or that it needs detail; explain why yourself, point out specific aspects of the drawing. Answer the inevitable questions created by your posts: How is it too simple? Why does it need more detail?

Anywho. The point they're trying to make is that you really can't tell what's going on. Just looking at the picture I honestly have no way of knowing that the thing in the cage is a whale or that the dwarf is moving through time. To me, it really just looks like a stereotypical viking pushing something across a street. I didn't even realize that there was a clock-face in the background until I looked at your drawing for the third or fourth time.

It'll be well worth your time to work on your basic drawing skills; they'll help you be able to more clearly convey your ideas through your drawings. Template's thread and Art101's tutorial list are two great starting points.

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 17:29:47

It was drawn on a whim, spending like 25 minutes on it.
But thanks for the links, I'll be sure to check them out.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 18:08:31

At 7/25/12 08:03 PM, YomToxic wrote: Let me know what you think.
At 7/26/12 12:41 AM, BeaKaiser wrote:
i think it is way too simple
And needs some detail.
Both of those phrases completely describe your comments as well. Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone. Don't just say that it's too simple or that it needs detail; explain why yourself, point out specific aspects of the drawing. Answer the inevitable questions created by your posts: How is it too simple? Why does it need more detail?

What a load of bull. If thats what they think then thats what they think. The picture is pretty much described by these 2 comments so I dont see anything wrong with it. The picture is horrible, so yeah such a comment suffices.

Anywho. The point they're trying to make is that you really can't tell what's going on.

I cant speak for them, but its pretty clear what you see. Agreed there are some elements that arent clear, but the viking and a whale's tail in a cage is pretty much all you see, so NO i dont think thats the point theyre making.

It'll be well worth your time to work on your basic drawing skills; they'll help you be able to more clearly convey your ideas through your drawings. Template's thread and Art101's tutorial list are two great starting points.

its good to be nice, but your attack prior to it killed it.

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 19:16:40

At 7/26/12 06:08 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 7/26/12 01:30 AM, Little-Eise wrote: Both of those phrases completely describe your comments as well. Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone.
What a load of bull. If thats what they think then thats what they think. The picture is pretty much described by these 2 comments so I dont see anything wrong with it. The picture is horrible, so yeah such a comment suffices.

If that's what they think, then they shouldn't have posted. As Eise said, " Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone."

Anywho. The point they're trying to make is that you really can't tell what's going on.
I cant speak for them, but its pretty clear what you see. Agreed there are some elements that arent clear, but the viking and a whale's tail in a cage is pretty much all you see, so NO i dont think thats the point theyre making.

I can't work out what you're saying here. You're contradicting yourself about whether the image is/isn't clear, or whether you are/aren't speaking on behalf of the two guys you're defending.

It wasn't even an attack on the artist ....

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 19:52:51

At 7/26/12 01:30 AM, Little-Eise wrote: Both of those phrases completely describe your comments as well. Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone. Don't just say that it's too simple or that it needs detail; explain why yourself, point out specific aspects of the drawing. Answer the inevitable questions created by your posts: How is it too simple? Why does it need more detail?
At 7/26/12 06:08 PM, Tomsan wrote: What a load of bull.

For the record, I read Little-Eise's post shortly after he made it and my initial reactions was:
"YES!! You go, Esie!!"
It made me smile, it made me happy and I agree with every word of his ENTIRE post.
I then deposited 1,000 Cool Points into Little-Eise's account ...using a wheel-barrow!
That is all!

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 20:03:00

I love this!
At 7/26/12 07:16 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/26/12 06:08 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 7/26/12 01:30 AM, Little-Eise wrote: Both of those phrases completely describe your comments as well. Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone.
If that's what they think, then they shouldn't have posted. As Eise said, " Vague replies aren't helpful to anyone."

Since when does everything in a forum has to be helpfull to the extend youre implying? It needs more detail is a good enough advice in this case.

I can't work out what you're saying here. You're contradicting yourself about whether the image is/isn't clear, or whether you are/aren't speaking on behalf of the two guys you're defending.

uhm... Well i can explain if you want, but what I wrote is just fine as it is, and you know exactly what it says. I am not contradicting myself at all, nor am I unclear on whether or not I am speaking on 'their' behalf.

It wasn't even an attack on the artist ....
ORLY? gees dude. I know youre joking, but youre making me doubt.

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 20:06:40

At 7/26/12 07:52 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:

For the record, I read Little-Eise's post shortly after he made it and my initial reactions was:
"YES!! You go, Esie!!"
It made me smile, it made me happy and I agree with every word of his ENTIRE post.
I then deposited 1,000 Cool Points into Little-Eise's account ...using a wheel-barrow!
That is all!

Nice! why am I not surprised.. Its because you take this all to seriously. Its oke though I gave you 1,000 cool points for being so into this forum.

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 20:52:24

At 7/26/12 08:06 PM, Tomsan wrote: Nice! why am I not surprised.. Its because you take this all to seriously. Its oke though I gave you 1,000 cool points for being so into this forum.

At lease I have you to keep me company! ...and thanks, I need as many cool points I can get ;P

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-26 23:44:04

that looks SO MUCH BETTER then one of my first drawings. When i first started drawing before i really learned or studied anything i couldn't even draw stick figures correctly.

I think you should take this time to just simply draw. Get your mind going and try to draw various things, do those tutorials in the mix. Don't focus on how well it looks, just focus on how to make it look better.

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-27 01:10:07

At 7/26/12 11:44 PM, PMMurphy wrote: that looks SO MUCH BETTER then one of my first drawings. When i first started drawing before i really learned or studied anything i couldn't even draw stick figures correctly.

I think you should take this time to just simply draw. Get your mind going and try to draw various things, do those tutorials in the mix. Don't focus on how well it looks, just focus on how to make it look better.

I'll take your advice and doodle while I'm at work. Should take the monotony off.

And I just took a look at those tutorials. Learned a few things in there. =]

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to I did some art again. 2012-07-28 00:38:24

I'm sorry I try to understand what's going on, but I don't understand. Many problem have been addressed already, but I do see two torches in the road on both sides. It makes me think, Is this Minecraft? Is that Dwarf Honeydew? If all yes, he should be digging a hole instead and âEU"

I am a dwarf
And I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole
Digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole
Digging a hole
(repeat â^zx)

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge