00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need a couple of musicians(project

1,602 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey there guys!

Things are getting a little bit heavy and quite tense on my end with the development of a business I clearly undermined.
I chose to go head first in to the media industry with my company "societystation" . Briefly we spot and review fresh musical vocal talent and aid them in growth and success in return we take 50% commission on their earnings and split it between the team. I require two musicians who are capable of writing songs as well as creating hip hop/pop beats, preferably diverse.

We have quite a lot of big people behind us on this already and just really need to lift this thing off the ground.

There is a lot to explain and a lot to cover, so I would prefer if you would simply ask me questions! ( only if you are interested )

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:10:35

At 6/20/12 08:06 PM, Armour wrote: Hey there guys!

Things are getting a little bit heavy and quite tense on my end with the development of a business I clearly undermined.
I chose to go head first in to the media industry with my company "societystation" . Briefly we spot and review fresh musical vocal talent and aid them in growth and success in return we take 50% commission on their earnings and split it between the team. I require two musicians who are capable of writing songs as well as creating hip hop/pop beats, preferably diverse.

We have quite a lot of big people behind us on this already and just really need to lift this thing off the ground.

There is a lot to explain and a lot to cover, so I would prefer if you would simply ask me questions! ( only if you are interested )

You mean, you guys find people who can sing and help them make it big? So you need a Couple of Musicians to help you out?

What is the incentive for said musicians to help you?

BBS Signature

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:16:55

At 6/20/12 08:10 PM, CidiousClef wrote:
At 6/20/12 08:06 PM, Armour wrote: Hey there guys!

You mean, you guys find people who can sing and help them make it big? So you need a Couple of Musicians to help you out?

What is the incentive for said musicians to help you?

Slightly more information can be found here " www.societystation.com " where the central hub for these artists we select will be located. as well as ( www.video-society.com ) which is under construction, if you want Alpha links to the site PM me. We will create a Youtube channel hosted by two Youtube celebrities ( I will mention names if you PM me ), Both generating more than 50,000 views per day on a new video.

They are the face of our company, us along with the musicians work on the technical end to find artists for those two to review every week in the RWJ style. Every 2 weeks we pick 1 lucky artist to sign under our own music label with a full 16 page contract ( 5 years ) .

In order for these artists to achieve we must guide them as some are as young as 10 years old but with such busting talent. We will create the instrumental beats for them as well as guide them in the musical scripting and send them off on their way to gain traffic generated via the two " celebrities ". After juice has been sucked out of the video, the central SS account gets a monetary deposit. This deposit is split between all team members as well as the artist himself.

That is 50% commission for us for every artist we sign.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:27:58

At 6/20/12 08:16 PM, Armour wrote:

Begging your pardon but that sounds suspiciously high.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:32:48

At 6/20/12 08:27 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:

They do not have much choice. We pick up people who have minimal audiences if any at all, who are undiscovered and we break them out of their shells. in 1 year's time we shall offer a contract free service for 2 years at $20,000 which includes all of our services. That is beyond generous mind you for all that we provide.

We provide this service for free for those commission based artists. So asking for just 50% is quite generous we reckon and so far has not proven us wrong.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:42:38

How long has your label been in business, out of curiousity?

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:45:50

At 6/20/12 08:42 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: How long has your label been in business, out of curiousity?

We do not have anything to hide.
TheSociety itself is just over a year old.
SocietyStation has started construction 6 months ago.
SocietyMedia has been planned for around 4 months now and has been launched in to practice 2 days ago.

So a solid answer would be 2 days. Hence why I am looking for extra staff.

Think of it...as more of a project than a business. As its a project being developed by a business.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:50:24

At 6/20/12 08:45 PM, Armour wrote: So a solid answer would be 2 days.

Good luck pulling off 50% when you have 0 reputation in the industry.

I'd advise you drastically cut what you're asking... or even go far as free until you build up a reputation worthy of 50%.

You don't open up a Cake Shop and charge $100 for a slice until you've spent time letting people find out how good it is for cheap or free.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:54:17

At 6/20/12 08:32 PM, Armour wrote:
They do not have much choice. We pick up people who have minimal audiences if any at all, who are undiscovered and we break them out of their shells. in 1 year's time we shall offer a contract free service for 2 years at $20,000 which includes all of our services. That is beyond generous mind you for all that we provide.

We provide this service for free for those commission based artists. So asking for just 50% is quite generous we reckon and so far has not proven us wrong.

Couple of questions:

How many clients do you currently have?
How long has your label been around?
How many gigs have you landed since the start of the year?

I'm not questioning your legitimacy, but it doesn't seem like anyone here is familiar with your label. Plus, I've checked on a few traffic metering sites, and no one has data for societystation (indicating very low traffic numbers). Some insight into what you have accomplished and who you have signed would ease the forum's skepticism a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 20:54:43

At 6/20/12 08:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/20/12 08:45 PM, Armour wrote: So a solid answer would be 2 days.
Good luck pulling off 50% when you have 0 reputation in the industry.

I'd advise you drastically cut what you're asking... or even go far as free until you build up a reputation worthy of 50%.

You don't open up a Cake Shop and charge $100 for a slice until you've spent time letting people find out how good it is for cheap or free.

I have explained that this is not just a label. Its a service.
We have already signed three people in two days for a minimal 1 year.
With adults making the choice for two of them as 2/3 of them are under 18.

We cannot see any flaw in this so far.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-20 21:01:44

At 6/20/12 08:54 PM, DavidOrr wrote:
At 6/20/12 08:32 PM, Armour wrote:

Couple of questions:

How many clients do you currently have?
How long has your label been around?
How many gigs have you landed since the start of the year?

I'm not questioning your legitimacy, but it doesn't seem like anyone here is familiar with your label. Plus, I've checked on a few traffic metering sites, and no one has data for societystation (indicating very low traffic numbers). Some insight into what you have accomplished and who you have signed would ease the forum's skepticism a bit.

Traffic only exists for " www.societybadger.com " Which is a small social network.

SocietyStation/SocietyMedia are fresh out of the box new this week. We are asking people to join something brand new.
We have 0 giggs, We have 0 everything. Absolutely nothing. What we do have is contacts, support, a wonderful team as well as the law on our side.

We have two incredible youtubers who I will proudly refer to as celebrities backing us as hosts of the show. I will be more than happy to show you their names if you PM me. I will also show you the Alpha site for SocietyMedia if you PM me.

All we ask for is a couple of people who would like to make a small change in the industry. Earn a bit of money on the side and help us push this large rock up that pyramid.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-21 21:40:51

We would be interested in working with you. However, it looks like you only support hip-hop artists and we are an alternative rock band. Here is a short bio:

Known for their characteristic flame throwing bass, cynical baritone vocals, effects soaked guitar and spastic steady drums, Dreams From Gin embodies everything it means to be in a rock and roll band. They have performed with numerous award winning acts such as Grammy nominated Chris Trapper and chart topping Local H. Their music has been featured in PC and Play Station 3 hit game "Beat Hazard Ultra." Their debut album was released independently and has been uniformly lauded by critics.

We are creative motivated individuals. We have a range of limited success and would like to reach a larger audience. Let me know of your interested.

s

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-22 13:53:39

At 6/21/12 10:09 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: Not too relevant, but whatever happened to ArmourTech?

Armourtech is one of many concepts we have. ( Exactly 7 rough concepts with websites )
We literally have the device and its fully functional, unfortunately funding crippled its success.

Response to Need a couple of musicians(project 2012-06-22 18:04:24

At 6/22/12 01:53 PM, Armour wrote: We literally have the device and its fully functional, unfortunately funding crippled its success.

Or the lack thereof.