00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is the difference..

651 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What is the difference.. 2012-06-13 21:04:04

Between a Graphic Artist and a Flash Animator? And this is all in the stand point of making games.

Response to What is the difference.. 2012-06-13 21:16:49

I'm not entirely sure, but I think graphic artist may refer to somebody that creates the visual assets of the game, and the animator is the one who makes them move.

Response to What is the difference.. 2012-06-14 07:38:01

At 6/13/12 09:16 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: I'm not entirely sure, but I think graphic artist may refer to somebody that creates the visual assets of the game, and the animator is the one who makes them move.

That's what I would assume too, at least for productions that are mostly non-frame by frame. Graphic artist may be divided into different cathegories like background artist etc.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the difference.. 2012-06-14 09:15:48

A Flash animator animates in Adobe Flash while a Graphic Artist designs the graphics. Graphics could be something like the logo.

The animator may just animate but depending on the size of the team and their skills, they could do more like design the characters he'll be animating. But bigger the project gets could be broken down even further into Character Design, Background Artist, UI Designer, etc.

Response to What is the difference.. 2012-06-14 14:53:01

Alright, that makes a lot more sense. I was not to far off on my thinking then.