00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Contest] Drum and Bass please

1,884 Views | 17 Replies

[Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:21:03

Now that I am in the shocking position that is full time employment, I have disposable income that I wish to dispose of in the following way:

- make drum and bass track
- if i think it's the best, win 15 of your worthless american dollars

Not an earth-shattering amount of money, I know, but it's better than nothing, and I see it as paying for an evening of listening to new, hopefully quality tunes. Only rules are:

- deadline is 15th of this month
- one entry per person
- please either include the tag "QQFTO" (without the "s obv) or PM me with a link to your track, so I can easily identify entrants
- dubstep is drum and bass played at the wrong speed, submit any of that and you will win nothing but ridicule
- you need Paypal to get paid. If an audio mod would like to take my cash and pass it on once I decide who wins for security purposes lest people think I be scamming, that is fine with me and I'd prefer that

Good luck and have fun ladies and gentlemen

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:23:38

I could rule the world with that kind of spending moneyz

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:25:43

At 6/1/12 05:21 PM, jonthomson wrote: - dubstep is drum and bass played at the wrong speed, submit any of that and you will win nothing but ridicule

NO. Dubstep is NOT Drum & Bass, no matter what speed it's played at.

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:26:58

At 6/1/12 05:23 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: I could rule the world with that kind of spending moneyz

indeed you could

At 6/1/12 05:25 PM, DJDela wrote:
At 6/1/12 05:21 PM, jonthomson wrote: - dubstep is drum and bass played at the wrong speed, submit any of that and you will win nothing but ridicule
NO. Dubstep is NOT Drum & Bass, no matter what speed it's played at.

i know that, but some people will troll with that shite

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:28:19

- dubstep is drum and bass played at the wrong speed, submit any of that and you will win nothing but ridicule

As the other person pointed out (somehow i missed it) You obviously have no idea what this means. And i have a feeling that you'll be biased entirely within this contest towards people who make the most basic sounding DNB tracks with the same drum loops as every single other person on the planet.

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:33:15

At 6/1/12 05:28 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
As the other person pointed out (somehow i missed it) You obviously have no idea what this means. And i have a feeling that you'll be biased entirely within this contest towards people who make the most basic sounding DNB tracks with the same drum loops as every single other person on the planet.

well if that's the attitude that you want to take, i could just not bother and spend the money on alcohol instead. your choice.

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 17:40:10

At 6/1/12 05:33 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/1/12 05:28 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
well if that's the attitude that you want to take, i could just not bother and spend the money on alcohol instead. your choice.

No i'm fine with the contest, but i just hope that for the people who want to participate, that the final judging wont be totally biased against certain things. Like specific styles or sounds. Dubstep isn't DNB, so it shouldn't be a part of this contest. Sorry if i was making it sound like i was trying to for it into it lol

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 18:27:23

Your contest has no theme, and your judgment as well as prize for the winner is not motivating at all. In fact this seems like a really random miniature troll.

I'll totally take your money though for safe keeping as you requested =P

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 18:42:18

At 6/1/12 06:27 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Your contest has no theme, and your judgment as well as prize for the winner is not motivating at all. In fact this seems like a really random miniature troll.

well i guess the overwhelming opinion of those that have managed to get "moderator" status is to tell me to fuck off, which is pretty much what i will do. good day to you all.

rucklo - i retract that pm i sent to you

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 19:16:02

Funny thing is that I was starting to miss the fl core or a contest in general. A drum n bass contest sounds like fun but as LD wrote it has no theme or motivation. Your idea sounds like fun but you needed some more planning to head in the right direction. If you are still willing to go along with the contest then maybe you should ask some of the people who have judged contests before to give you a hand with this one. Dunno might work...

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 19:30:10

At 6/1/12 05:21 PM, jonthomson wrote: Now that I am in the shocking position that is full time employment, I have disposable income that I wish to dispose of in the following way:

- make drum and bass track
- if i think it's the best, win 15 of your worthless american dollars

Also, I am not saying that you can't give away money for the prizes because I wouldn't mind an extra couple bucks ;). But, most of the people including myself that participate in contests aren't in it for the money. If it's a well thought out contest with a proper theme then creating forum sigs with the theme and place you spotted is all you would really need. It's about the passion not the money but, as I said if you are willing dispose of some unneeded income then that's cool, too.

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-01 22:50:10

I'll definitely give this a shot. Extra money can't hurt. :P

Twitter: @dropthelaw | MSN: lawfx@live.co.uk | (old acc: Sequenced).

I make flash-friendly electronic music loops. Please use them and credit me. :) lawFX AUDIO

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-03 02:23:32

Here's mine, broseidon.

Noizberg's D&B and Dubstep

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-03 06:51:18

Well an extra buck wouldnt hurt ;)

Here you go Buddy! Its a really experimental LiquidFunk beat. Enjoy :3

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-03 17:15:15

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-03 17:29:29

hot dang youri for the victory!!

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-03 17:56:33

At 6/1/12 06:42 PM, jonthomson wrote: well i guess the overwhelming opinion of those that have managed to get "moderator" status is to tell me to fuck off, which is pretty much what i will do. good day to you all.

No one told you to fuck off. The mods just said your contest wasn't as well thought-out as it ought to be. It basically asked us to make a song "just because." We make music "just because" already, and tossing 15 dollars at us doesn't make the process any more interesting. Spicing things up by giving us a particular timeframe, or giving us certain criteria to meet with our songs offers us a challenge, something that make us feel like we earned your beer money.

But whatever.

Response to [Contest] Drum and Bass please 2012-06-04 14:22:02

At 6/1/12 06:42 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/1/12 06:27 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Your contest has no theme, and your judgment as well as prize for the winner is not motivating at all. In fact this seems like a really random miniature troll.

well i guess the overwhelming opinion of those that have managed to get "moderator" status is to tell me to fuck off, which is pretty much what i will do. good day to you all.

we have been somewhat anal about contests in this forum, since once something is started it MUST be seen through. not everyone is fit to actually hold a contest, and also it's usually a good idea to give exposure to the contests that are the most serious. this is the reason we usually require approval from audio-forum active BBS moderators.

the people in this thread are NOT telling you to fuck off, they simply follow the standars we've set up in this forum over the years... ;)

FYI, jonthompson is an ex-BBS mod, but that doesn't make the matter any different - other than the fact that he's got the approval if he wants it. it hasn't been communicated properly though.

I'm locking this down with that.
jon, if you wanna make a new contest, let me know. it's probably better to start from scratch in that case... :)

Wakka wakka