00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

British Stuff Too Small?

595 Views | 4 Replies

British Stuff Too Small? 2012-05-17 15:31:49

I noticed that in England and in Europe in general that the houses are very small. I read somewhere that the average house in England is approximately 1100 square ft., and the average house in Canada and in the United States is somewhere between 2100-2500 square ft. I'm not sure if this totally accurate but I would definitely believe it. Go on Google Streetview and you will notice the houses in suburbs of London and Liverpool in the U.K. and very small, and the cars are small and everything seems small there. Also it's always raining and the weather in England in general sucks! And the beaches are way too cold!

Not to diss the U.K., seeing as it has a great history and great influence on the world, and London is indeed a world class city, but I think Canada and the United States have better housing and the fact that everything is bigger is a huge pro for the two North American countries. It feels like we actually own our property unlike in Europe. Look at new houses being built in Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina in the U.S... they are like 4,000 square feet on average and many of them are equipped with a personal swimming pool. In Canada, suburbs of Toronto and Vancouver are being more and more populated with large houses with big basements, and I just love big it is in Canada. But the U.S. will always rival in largeness. My friend who lives in Texas lives in a 6,000 square ft. house with a huge swimming pool and it's in a forested community, and he always posts pics of him jumping in front of his front yard in front of his 6,000 square ft. colonial house and it's awesome.

You tell me how many Europeans own 6,000 square feet houses.

No disrespect to Europe, but we really do it big out here in N. America.

"When I grow up I want to be Wade Fulp's second wife." - Me.

BBS Signature

Response to British Stuff Too Small? 2012-05-17 15:43:02

I prefer it that way.

If there's less stuff to clean and maintain, that is a plus for me.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to British Stuff Too Small? 2012-05-17 15:57:53

The UK is very small in comparison, everything over here is all crammed together, America is much much bigger and so there is more space for bigger houses. Despite the tiny size i'm fairly sure housing is more expensive over here too.

question: why do you guys build your houses out of wood as opposed to brick when you seem to get way more natural disasters?

Response to British Stuff Too Small? 2012-05-17 16:14:10

At 5/17/12 03:57 PM, JaY11 wrote: The UK is very small in comparison, everything over here is all crammed together, America is much much bigger and so there is more space for bigger houses. Despite the tiny size i'm fairly sure housing is more expensive over here too.

question: why do you guys build your houses out of wood as opposed to brick when you seem to get way more natural disasters?

cheaper... and some people do brick, others do stone like my family did. some people do wood.

BBS Signature

Response to British Stuff Too Small? 2012-05-17 16:15:04

British genitalia are smaller, yes.

Lol J/K. I enjoy smaller houses.