00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Junior Seau dead

1,071 Views | 18 Replies

Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 19:28:52

Took me by surprise.

Granted he did have some issues lately but still...

Usually I would just post it on the American football thread but I remember joking about how he might have tried drive his car off the cliff because he couldn't get over what happened at Super Bowl XLII.

But now...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 19:30:30

He was a great person and meant a lot to the Samoan community of Oceanside (I've been to that city, nice place), and a great football player. May he rest in peace.

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 19:32:04

I don't know who this is, and i don't care who he is.

The important thing is, did he make a difference to your life? or was he ujst some prominent figure you feel attached to for some improper reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 19:36:22

Oh man. That's terrible. RIP.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 19:36:50

At 5/2/12 07:32 PM, Bullion wrote: I don't know who this is, and i don't care who he is.

The important thing is, did he make a difference to your life? or was he ujst some prominent figure you feel attached to for some improper reason.

In a way, yes.

The reason is that he played for a team that my favorite team beat to win Super Bowl XLII, the ending was perfect as it ended the Patriots perfect season.

The season was fun in a roller-coaster way.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 22:51:49

At 5/2/12 07:32 PM, Bullion wrote: I don't know who this is, and i don't care who he is.

Then why did you post here then? This is probably one of the few times here that trolling or being ignorant of the situation is not a good idea, but I digress.

Seau is certainly one of the best LB to play this game, certainly this generation and even all-time, but more so, he was commended for his numerous off the field activities within the San Diego area, which made him an easy fan favorite. From what's coming out from the news, it looked like that Seau had some demons he dealt with after his career, and ultimately committed suicide, although there has been no official word on how it went down, as of now, that's the story that the police are investigating as.

Regardless if you knew him from his playing days or not, Junior Seau will certainly be missed, RIP.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 23:02:38

Definitely a sad day for Football fans everywhere. What's even more sad is that he was only 43 years old. RIP #55

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 23:03:21

One of the best, RIP

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 23:04:28

BURN IN HELL YOU FUCK!

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 23:08:17

At 5/2/12 11:04 PM, Asperchu wrote: BURN IN HELL YOU FUCK!

Was it because of the fake retirement in 2006?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-02 23:09:25

he is succeeded by senior seau

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 00:06:56

At 5/2/12 10:51 PM, orangebomb wrote:

Then why did you post here then? This is probably one of the few times here that trolling or being ignorant of the situation is not a good idea, but I digress.

Some people does it because they love being nothing more but pretentious douche bags. You should have seen the comments by a anti-American troll on a Hiroshima video in YouTube.

Seau is certainly one of the best LB to play this game, certainly this generation and even all-time, but more so, he was commended for his numerous off the field activities within the San Diego area, which made him an easy fan favorite. From what's coming out from the news, it looked like that Seau had some demons he dealt with after his career, and ultimately committed suicide, although there has been no official word on how it went down, as of now, that's the story that the police are investigating as.

Things can be pretty unexpected.

Granted the "driving the vehicle off the cliff" incident just...you know.

What's bad was that I made jokes about Super Bowl XLII being the reason why. Now I felt bad about that...

Regardless if you knew him from his playing days or not, Junior Seau will certainly be missed, RIP.

Indeed, even though he played for two teams I heavily disliked, but still, he's the only player from the 2007 Pats that I felt sorry for.

In that Super Bowl game, I kinda felt that it was between Strahan and Seau. I mean it was their last chance to get the ring and in the end, I'm glad it was Strahan (for an obvious reason).

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 00:22:57

He probably killed himself because the long-term brain damage that linebackers often get had him in such intense pain. Note that he shot himself in the chest. Another NFL player also did that, so his brain could be studied. It's a sad state that these players often end up in. The NFL needs to work on trying to reduce these life-destroying concussions.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 00:46:17

At 5/3/12 12:22 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: He probably killed himself because the long-term brain damage that linebackers often get had him in such intense pain. Note that he shot himself in the chest. Another NFL player also did that, so his brain could be studied.

Or to have an open casket.
But yeah, there seems to be an epidemic of former NFL players who have life long trauma from playing the sport. You were mentioning Dave Duerson who killed himself after agreeing to donate his brain to science.

Not to mention Ray Easterling committed suicide a few weeks ago as well. I think player safety has moved in a positive direction but there is little help for all the old veterans like Dureson or Jim McMahon who has also suffered from memory loss and mood issues.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 01:10:39

Junior is playing football with the angels or maybe the devils now.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 05:54:53

Yeah, this sorta thing seemed to happen often in the 80's and 90's. When you get hit by a small bull at 20 mph, something's gonna get hurt. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI's) can literally mess with your head.
Rats! Thought I had the link to an article on the subject... TBI's can not only change your personality, but make you more likely to feel manic depressive to the point of suicide. It really sucks.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 13:46:40

This is terrible news. Caught me by complete surprise.

They're saying it was suicide...

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Junior Seau dead 2012-05-03 16:57:11

At 5/3/12 01:49 PM, Natick wrote: And nothing of less value was lost.

True.

Someone of high value was lost and will be missed.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature