00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which antivirus do you use?

2,596 Views | 46 Replies

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 19:08:50

At 4/29/12 07:05 PM, Zanthas wrote:
At 4/29/12 06:58 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
So are you going to stay on the TLS for Ubuntu? Or are you going to upgrade when the next one comes out.

I've been considering moving to Linux Mint or some dual shit.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 19:13:37

At 4/29/12 07:08 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
At 4/29/12 07:05 PM, Zanthas wrote:
At 4/29/12 06:58 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
So are you going to stay on the TLS for Ubuntu? Or are you going to upgrade when the next one comes out.
I've been considering moving to Linux Mint or some dual shit.

Linux Mint is nice. To be honest, I dislike Ubuntu. It's too bloated for my taste.

If you do move to Linux Mint you should try the "Debian Edition". It's rolling release and alot more streamlined then regular LM.

Or heck, you should even try Debian itself, if you haven't.

BBS Signature

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 19:37:26

At 4/29/12 06:27 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Don't need virus protection. Linux master race reporting in.

I'd just like to interject for a moment... What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 19:42:04

At 4/29/12 07:37 PM, RichardStallman wrote:
At 4/29/12 06:27 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Don't need virus protection. Linux master race reporting in.
I'd just like to interject for a moment...

Did you just create a fucking account for that one post?

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 20:00:17

Avast-free because it allows me to block and not block things that possibly aren't viruses. I've noticed with other anti-viruses it will automatically block stuff without your knowledge. Avast lets you decide if you want to screw your computer up or not. I'm mostly on my hackintosh snow leopard side anyways. And if Macs ever get serious viruses, I can always switch to Linux or Pc-BSD because they both literally get no viruses. PC-BSD get 0 viruses but I don't know how to get PC-BSD to read my ntfs Windows 7 harddrive.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 20:08:16

At 4/29/12 01:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I use the protection of a Mac. Before the trolls start flooding in, I DO have a PC, but I only use it for Steam

God, I hope you didn't buy an overpriced Mac. Real Macs have low-end hardware in it and they want ppl to pay 1grand-2grand for it. You should just buy a pc compatible with Hackintosh. I don't like Apple or Windows. Windows sucks because sometimes its not even viruses that cause Windows to run poorly but just driver issues. While Macs run nice and I don't have a problem with their operating system, it just seems like Apple only wants the rich to buy their computers since Apple Computers always have low-end hardware and are more than double sometimes tripple the price of a Windows pc.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 20:12:18

At 4/29/12 02:01 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
At 4/29/12 01:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I use the protection of a Mac. Before the trolls start flooding in, I DO have a PC, but I only use it for Steam
http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/05/flashback-trojan-virus-found-t o-affect-600000-macs/

Protection of a Mac.

Good thing that virus is only found in java which most websites don't even use anymore. Plus on google chrome, I have java off on it. Java is kind of a dying format since Flash has taken its place for most websites like youtube.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 21:10:18

None, because I'm a rogue!

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 21:12:47

Avast!, and I do not know why.

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 21:17:00

At 4/29/12 07:42 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Did you just create a fucking account for that one post?

Yes he did, and he is now my favourite user because of it.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 21:19:26

Just the standard Norton Antivirus. Nothing fancy, and it gets the job done.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 21:29:31

At 4/29/12 09:17 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 4/29/12 07:42 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Did you just create a fucking account for that one post?
Yes he did, and he is now my favourite user because of it.

I'm glad to see some people here enjoy freedom.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-04-29 22:21:45

At 4/29/12 09:19 PM, RyderOmega wrote: Norton

I'm sorry.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-05-07 10:48:54

I had been using that well know free virus protection for years on all the household computers. They seemed to work fine, never an issue. Then suddenly after the daily scan on the main one, a note popped up that it found 3 viruses. One was contained and locked up for disposal. The other two were too big to lock up for disposal and to look on line for a solution. The link they gave me did not give any help. The virus scan program said I was safe, but there were those large viruses staring at me.
I immediately downloaded ZenOK Free Antivirus, this program from CNET because it covered 3 computers and I had heard good things about it. The price was right too. it's free :) I kept wondering what will those viruses do?

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-05-07 11:00:39

AVG, had it for years still works just fine.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-05-07 12:33:44

I use Norton, Its really good because I got keylogged, and it cleared that up for me. But come to think of it, shouldn't of Norton stopped the keylogger in the firstplace?

Response to Which antivirus do you use? 2012-05-07 12:55:40

I agree. Master and warrior of all OS.

Which antivirus do you use?