00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Expelled For Tweeting F-word

2,044 Views | 37 Replies

Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:38:29

* W O W *

An Indiana high school expels a student for a silly, profane tweet, even though it seems to have been sent at 2:30 a.m. The school suggests that it may track all of its students' tweets, regardless of what time or where they were sent.

F*** is one of those F****** words you can F****** put anywhere in a F****** sentence and it still F****** makes sense.

This is the tweet that got him expelled (nice censoring by the media btw).

How do you feel about this, Newgrounds?

Are you glad he got expelled? Was he really offensive and deserved it?

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:41:49

Source?

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:42:01

oh here's the article

i forgot to link it

SORRY

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:42:28

( ¬âEU¿Â¬)

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:42:33

Wow. You've cannot be f****** serious. That's so f****** stupid.

I don't want to be expelled from high school. :<

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:42:59

Its not like he is disturbing the other students learning, so honestly I don't see what the big deal is and also I think we all deserve alot more privacy rights when using the internet

Find me on gears pussies. Credit goes to Shaun for the dope sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 20:44:47

Plenty of kids swear in school in front of their teachers and get away with it, and he gets expelled for tweeting a few f-bombs? Why should schools monitor students' tweets anyways? The whole thing feels off.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:09:14

The school shouldn't be jeopardizing his education for something he done i his own time, out of school and wasn't causing anyone any harm, this is another perfect example of Americas right of free speech being a massive contradiction.

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:10:56

1) How can you legally... is this a private school? If so (and they don't take federal money), than oh well, but if it's public, I don't see how they can legally do this. If it was private and completely self-funded, it is just like a restaurant: "we reserve the right to not cater to all customers."

2) How did they even know it was his twitter feed? Let this be a lesson in why you should use an internet handle; you can be just as social without using your real name or even your real identity.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:30:56

Next they'll set up cameras in all the students homes and the bathrooms too.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:35:22

That is the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time. And I am witness to stupid quite often.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:35:25

this took me quite a few minutes to believe. still not sure if serious.

wtf america.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:35:44

Assholes are one of those F******** F**** type of people who you can make lots of F*** threads about because they expel F******* students who F*** around.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:46:03

Apparently he accessed his Twitter account at school and the tweet became visible to the admins, even though it was made at like 2:30 AM.

If so, that wasn't very bright of him to that; also if so, his time zone setting must be really off or Twitter reported it off, somehow.

And the moral of the story is: Don't tweet or check your socials at school; people can be dicks about it, and you can't be sure who's looking over your shoulder.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 21:49:18

At 3/28/12 09:30 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Next they'll set up cameras in all the students homes and the bathrooms too.

It's called 1984. ooooooo scarrrryyyyy.....

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:07:55

Why would the school go through all that trouble of going through someone's tweets, especially when this person wasn't talking about the school in the first place in a negative light? It wouldn't surprise in the least if the family does sue the school in some way, {whether or not they're successful is debateable.} because being expelled over a tweet outside school grounds is absolutely pathetic.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:11:47

It happened while school was out, they should only be able to punish someone for something that happens on school grounds. The school is clearly over stepping their boundaries.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:13:43

The kid was off school ground and it didn't happen during school hours. Fucking those fucking fuckers at the fucking edufuckingcation fucking department. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

P.S. Fuck

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:16:59

Those shitheads must feel a pleasure rush in taking away students' rights. Fuck teachers.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:23:23

Good God, this is what my country (and my state) have come to, expelling a student for something that happened outside of school.

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:24:39

At 3/28/12 08:38 PM, SKHM wrote:

Yet knifed into the sidestalls on the bathrooms, you probably see swastikas, how much one said teacher is either hot, or needs to be killed, pot leafs, and how drugs are cool with obligitory responses, names of girls people want to rail with check marks under their names, plus every known swear word written out crossword style. Yet a student who "probably" tweeted that "outside of school" gets unfairly punished.

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:26:55

Why the fuck should anyone get fucking expelled for fucking swearing on a fucking solial media fucking website?!

FUCK!

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:29:34

At 3/28/12 10:23 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 3/28/12 10:23 PM, Scarface wrote: Good God, this is what my country (and my state) have come to
you're letting the actions of one school influence your opinion on an entire country

There's been several articles like this surfacing around Newgrounds, some in the US and some in UK, but overall people going to jail for stupid-ass things, free-speech among them.

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:33:05

At 3/28/12 10:30 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 3/28/12 10:29 PM, Scarface wrote: There's been several articles like this surfacing around Newgrounds, some in the US and some in UK, but overall people going to jail for stupid-ass things, free-speech among them.
what makes you think minors are subject to free speech

They should be. This isn't some hippie-stoner pipe dream, I respect the fact that minors can't vote, own property, ect. but they should be able to access the constitutional right of free speech.

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-28 22:34:03

Well thats illegal and if it somehow through some loophole isnt illegal then it soon will be because this did not occur in China. But I am happy people are finally being punished for using Twitter.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox

This is a temporary account. see JBK

Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-29 04:31:52

I gott in fights, threw shit through open classroom windows, miss detentions, and I never got kicked out of school ever. I got so many chances doing so much more than this.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox

This is a temporary account. see JBK

Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-29 05:12:54

At 3/28/12 08:38 PM, SKHM wrote: An Indiana high school expels a student for a silly, profane tweet, even though it seems to have been sent at 2:30 a.m. The school suggests that it may track all of its students' tweets, regardless of what time or where they were sent.

"F*** is one of those F****** words you can F****** put anywhere in a F****** sentence and it still F****** makes sense."

I put that in quotations, so you wouldn't get expelled for reposting it here ;)

To me, there is nothing offensive about that tweet at all. It's quite clever, putting a short expose on the English language and how it has evolved. Of course, this being Twitter, you can hardly write a dissertation on such things.

That said, it was out of school hours, outside of school premises and if this had happened in the UK, there would be uproar. Some people on this side of the pond are no doubt going to roll their eyes and say "*sigh* Americans." I think that there could be a legal challenge to this, but will that do the kid any good, because surely that would take more than three months to get sorted out, by which time, he has finished school and been released.

I would have thought it offensive, had the kid been writing fuck and other profanity regarding someone, but that's not what was written there. Perhaps there is more in the Twitter feed that was deemed offensive, but I've not been bothered to look.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-29 08:33:11

the fucking school cant do that its his personal life they cant dictate him like that he should sue them

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-29 10:51:37

Expelled for swearing?
That's retarded in itself.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Expelled For Tweeting F-word 2012-03-29 13:18:42

At 3/28/12 08:44 PM, Tremulos wrote: Plenty of kids swear in school in front of their teachers and get away with it, and he gets expelled for tweeting a few f-bombs? Why should schools monitor students' tweets anyways? The whole thing feels off.

Yea that is more or less how I feel. I'm glad I never had a cellphone in school. I'm glad I am not in school anymore anyways. It's insane what they do. There crazy 0-tolerance policy's, and now monitoring tweets? I'm fucking go after them about that. You can't monitor my tweets at home, and then expel me from home...when I'm not doing anything wrong?

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature