00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videogames you regret not playing

2,674 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-16 20:09:41

At 2 days ago, UncleABCD wrote: For me only a couple stand out. Firstly, I regret not buying the older Final Fantasy games when they were out. I remember playing a couple at a friends house but never actually playing them for myself. Looking back I would've enjoyed picking up the original FF games.

I did the opposite. I played like Final Fantasies 3, 4, 5, and 6 and then just quit. (The ones in the 90s. I'm older than you kids.)

What about you?

I never played any of the elder scroll games -- in depth--before Skyrim. Just kinda played around with Oblivion and Morrowind....I was real busy with college and gaming took a back seat.
I really enjoyed Skyrim, which I did play through thoroughly, and I bet I'd enjoy it more if I'd bothered with the other games.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 07:43:46

Cookie Monster for Atari

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 08:40:11

Rock Band. I had Guitar Hero for a while but I only got into Rock Band (and most importantly, drums) in 2010. Now I've been addicted to it since then, and I'm playing Expert/Breakneck speed on 'Impossible' songs etc. and I absolutely love it. I just wish I'd gotten RB1 when it came out. I'd love to have all those extra years of experience behind me, and also I thought the setlist was great, but for some reason there's something wrong with the calibration that I can't fix on that game. (Yes I have tried changing the calibration).

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 10:39:32

Pretty much every well known Nintendo 64 game.

Back in those days I was too young to know enough about the internet and the best gaming consoles etc. Wasn't until around PS2 and Xbox days where I knew about that stuff. I had a PS1 back then but had I known how awesome Nintendo was I would have much rather had a Nintendo 64. I hate how I never got to play games like GoldenEye, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda. I've tried to make up for it, getting Ocarina of Time on my 3DS and I've downloaded Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Adventure, Earthworm Jim and Excite Bike to try and start my classic Nintendo collection. I might get a Nintendo 64 off TradeMe in the future so I can have the experience. My goal is to get every major Nintendo game until I have a great collection.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 18:42:24

At 1 day ago, BlkBankai wrote: Darkstalkers i never played at all i wish its hard to find nowadays

that's what emulators are for!

give it an oggle, it's like street fighter but with demons 'n' shit.

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 19:14:18

I've never played a Zelda game, I've never played a Metal Gear game, I could have been missing out.

I don't regret not playing a FF game.

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 19:34:04

I regret not playing Metroid yet. I've remixed a total of six Metroid tracks so far, I love the music and the trailers/storyline seem awesome, but yet I never get round to actually buying the game.

At 17 minutes ago, ChaRee wrote: I've never played a Zelda game, I've never played a Metal Gear game, I could have been missing out.

You are missing out.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 19:35:08

So many Snes games, I only had a small library of games for my Snes, I did have such games as Starfox and Earthworm Jim so I did have fun games, but I didn't have the majority which I only recently found out about and love watching being played on speedruns etc. I never had a nes or older systems so those games I wouldn't really class as I never had the chance to begin with to try them.

I am glad I was brought up with an Amiga 1200 though, I enjoyed a vast quantity of amazing games with my Amiga, which sadly the majority of todays gamers aren't subjected to. It was games on that computer that truly built my imagination and gaming life.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 19:41:36

I hadn't played Terraria before Christmas and before then i would have totally regretted not playing it because as of now i have put in 203 hours of legit gameplay, i am totally addicted to Terraria now.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-17 19:51:09

Skyrim
Dragon Age II
Gears of War 3
Dungeon Siege III

And all this because I have to study 24/7 if I at least expect to have a chance at passing a national test :(

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-18 13:42:32

I feel bad for having dismissed Hotel Dusk for as long as I did; I finally gave it a chance just about a year ago and it's resoundingly amazing and unique. I then imported the sequel, Last Window. The art style and natural dialogue along with the soundtrack I just adore, which makes Cing's (developer, also made Another Code) downfall incredibly tragic.

Videogames you regret not playing

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-19 14:49:37

I still plan on getting Okami one of these days.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-21 09:48:42

At 4 days ago, HiryuGouki wrote: Do yourself a favor and pick up Odin Sphere. Don't bother asking why, just go out and do it. It will be WELL worth yout time. Trust me on this.

Agreed, first time I saw it thought it looked stupid but then I borrowed because I needed something new to play. Now it is one of my favourite games of all time.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Videogames you regret not playing 2012-03-21 10:18:19

I have this game called perfect dark for Nintendo 64, but heres the problem./ Now I cant find my nintendo 64, so I have to buy nother 64 from gameplay and get some of the ol green out eh. Hassles hassels hassels.

BBS Signature