00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AcekillerX67 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Googles New Privacy Policy

654 Views | 14 Replies

Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 13:40:47

Just a heads up, March 1st is when the new Google privacy policy is in effect, and I just figured I'd drop this "how to" in here for anybody who wants to pause their Google web history, it will remove it and pause it from saving it, thus sharing it, as this is what the new policy seems to be about...

So to avoid it, here's what you do.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57382925-285/how-to-remo ve-your-google-web-history/

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 13:44:27

Surely a feature like Chrome's incognito would stop that anyway?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 13:55:03

I'd like a tl;dr service for this one.

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:05:07

At 22 minutes ago, Luke wrote: it will remove it and pause it from saving it, thus sharing it, as this is what the new policy seems to be about...

I really doubt about this. Can we trust Google again?

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:05:36

Well glad I made sure my web history has never been enabled to begin with woot.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:34:55

At 27 minutes ago, fuzzum111 wrote: Well glad I made sure my web history has never been enabled to begin with woot.

When I goto Google.com/history is says that I don't have history enabled, but I can still click on the wrench in the top right of Chrome and see my history. Is that a separate history listing ONLY stored in Chrome?

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:36:58

At 1 minute ago, JebbaL wrote:
At 27 minutes ago, fuzzum111 wrote: Well glad I made sure my web history has never been enabled to begin with woot.
When I goto Google.com/history is says that I don't have history enabled, but I can still click on the wrench in the top right of Chrome and see my history. Is that a separate history listing ONLY stored in Chrome?

I don't use chrome but something tells me, that's chromes history, not googels.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:44:35

At 8 minutes ago, JebbaL wrote:

I'm assuming that all you need to worry about (if anything ultimately) is your Google account's history, and not your browsers history.
I'm using Google Chrome as well so it is a good question, but I'd imagine it's all about the Google account, rather than your browser.

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:47:12

I've stopped using google a couple of months ago. I'm not falling for that tracking shit. Bing bing all the way.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 14:51:06

I never use any google services these days. Not gmail, not youtube, not google.com, not their translator, nothing.
Honestly thinking pausing your browsing history is going to protect your privacy is very naive.

Googles New Privacy Policy

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 16:02:47

I don't get what's wrong with this? I always let browsers view my history, errors, etc to make their service better. Even if they have my location, it's not like Google is going to plaster my street with flyers saying that I love hardcore gay anal.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 17:26:04

I read something in the paper that they were actually going to email me with advertisements based on my personal interests (like my browser history). The example they gave was that if I would watch a Youtube video about Man United I would get emailed with an advertisement about where to get tickets for the next game.

I sure as hell hope this is not going to happen or I can at least toggle this off straight away. I have no idea how they thought their customers would enjoy getting their mailbox spammed up every time they visit (or get linked to) a website.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 17:29:32

What will Google do next? If they ever start charging, I will be done with them.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 17:54:29

How to be partially protected from Google tracking:
Clear cookies including flash cookies. Get an extension called Ghostery; it blocks third party cookies from sending data to their server and it supports all major browsers. Use Google and Youtube through SSL. Set your Google account to use SSL search by default or just bookmark "encrypted.google.com" and "https://www.youtube.com". Last step, simply get an ad blocker and whitelist newgrounds.

Response to Googles New Privacy Policy 2012-02-28 21:31:29

I use to have a Gmail account, but I forgot the password and now it won't let me reset it. WTF do I do now ?

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature