00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Very Unacceptable Espn Headline!

4,255 Views | 70 Replies

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 06:33:19

At 1 day ago, EddyFromEEnE wrote: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ESPN WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYY

I can see how some people would get offended by that. I'm still surprised by some people's stupidity some times..

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 08:42:12

I don't see the big problem. Like some people have already said, "A chink in the armor" is an actual phrase.
When someone gets asshurt over it and makes a big deal out of it, then it becomes a problem.

Just like the situation with Derpy Hooves <3 <3

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 09:19:01

At 2 hours ago, SnoopyChicken wrote: PC has done great things for my country, it's a shame it's become a dirty word. There are very few real cases of "PC gone mad" as far as I can see.

This depends on your definition of "PC gone mad". In my opinion, this instance is PC gone mad. The fact that someone writes a headline which, lets face it, was likely an oversight, and then there's massive uproar, the headline is changed and the company sends out a formal apology is a bit ridiculous. I can understand the point of political correctness, but really it needs to be there as a form of guide, not strict rules.

Another example of PC gone mad, which, by the way, happens a fair deal over here, is something that happened to my brother a while ago. He tried to buy a gingerbread man from a shop. They wouldn't sell it to him because he referred to it as a gingerbread man and not a gingerbread person.

If PC continues the way it's going, it serves to undermine the entire premise of free speech. Of course, I'm not arguing for racism, far from it. Racism is absolutely disgusting, but honestly, I don't think it helps much to constantly tell people that certain words are taboo (I'm not talking about words like n***** here, but words like black), causing people to jump into outrage the moment anyone so much as thinks them. People just need to chill out a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 09:21:09

For crying out loud, it's a word. Big whoop, get your pants back on and keep on truckin'.

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 10:18:27

At 17 hours ago, EddyFromEEnE wrote: EVERYBODY KNOWS IT'S A PHRASE. IT'S A PLAY ON WORDS. You understand it's a play on words???? Oh my God!!

Right, we get that. What we're saying is that it was most likely an unintentional play on words, because nobody is dumb enough to think that intentionally making a racially offensive pun in a headline is a good idea.

The phrase "Chink in the armour" is used fairly regularly in sports coverage. Apparently they applied it to this case before realizing exactly what the fuck they were doing.

Dead.

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 14:28:57

At 1 day ago, EddyFromEEnE wrote: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ESPN WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYY

I read about that few days ago, what ESPN did was unfunny and stupid.

It became funny when you made a thread about it because of your post.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 14:57:29

I would've kept it like that because I'm a douche like that.

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 15:09:52

People need to get the sand out of their vaginas. I think the title was fine, as long as they clarified they meant no offensive context.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 15:57:17

It's a real phrase, and in any other situation it would have been okay, but unfortunately it was just used in the wrong place at the wrong time. People need to stop getting so butt-hurt over stupid shit like this.

Lolthread

Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 16:01:08

couldn't help but laugh

sorry chinks

Response to Very Unacceptable Espn Headline! 2012-02-20 17:23:49

OH FUCK NO! A RACIST COMMENT! Wait you apologized for it? HOW DARE YOU DO SUCH A THING!