00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mitchelf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,936 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 04:02:15

At 5/8/12 08:03 PM, Teqneek wrote: MILKDUDZ

Shoulda denied it ;)

Also don't worry man, you had a lot of people going. Myself included.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 04:31:50

At 5/9/12 04:02 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
Shoulda denied it ;)

No worries. I just wanted to roll with it a bit longer, get more feedback on the Rampant track, finish up and release the Obsideo battle, and see what people had to say before I revealed the true identity of the Dud Train.

Obsideo actually dropped a pretty dope second verse for that shit, and I was hoping to come back with the worst shit you've ever heard in your life. It's all good though; I hold no hard feelings towards you. I probably should have just denied it after you said that anyway.

Side note- I can't fucking go to sleep and I have a job interview at the cheese sandwich factory in 5 1/2 hours. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Caffeine will guide me through this.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 06:34:41

>Teqneek's alter-ego is a shitty rapper.
How is this any different from your primary ego?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 08:11:02

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS SHIT!

I didn't draw everybody because a) I ran out of space b) I couldn't be arsed. I mostly drew people who got back to me with info.

Gasmasq, Mickey Mao, Senator John Dean, B Serious, RJA III, Scuare, Byron, Alto, Rav, Emrox, TV Johnny, Kill Bill, Soundbreaker, DJ Future, Myself, Wyze, Teqneek, Rezzytip and Jakobe.

This took for-fucking-ever.

Also please don't look too closely as there are several mistakes.

Can't upload it because of Newgrounds being gay.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 08:19:38

I like it. I like SJD the best. He's sexy.
Teq, good luck with the job interview.

Everybody get ur Swag songs in...this should be easy cuz it only takes 30 minutes! SonicWombat is making all of u look supergay right now

At 5/9/12 08:11 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: HAVE A LOOK AT THIS SHIT!

I didn't draw everybody because a) I ran out of space b) I couldn't be arsed. I mostly drew people who got back to me with info.

Gasmasq, Mickey Mao, Senator John Dean, B Serious, RJA III, Scuare, Byron, Alto, Rav, Emrox, TV Johnny, Kill Bill, Soundbreaker, DJ Future, Myself, Wyze, Teqneek, Rezzytip and Jakobe.

This took for-fucking-ever.

Also please don't look too closely as there are several mistakes.

Can't upload it because of Newgrounds being gay.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 08:52:11

Fucking awesome man!

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 08:54:33

You guys GOTTA watch this video. Gasmasq makes a wack ass guest appearance at 2:33. LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uPBQx0tX6E&feature=player_em bedded#!

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 10:49:30

My job interview; fucking knocked it out the ballpark. Thank you 5 Hour Energy.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 11:59:58

Teq, I found a beat for our ClabSwag submission but forgot to send it over yesterday: I'll PM you when I get home. When you record your vocals, send 'em over and I'll record my swagtastic lyrics and mix it like pizza delivery: 30 minutes or less.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 12:13:10

At 5/9/12 11:59 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Teq, I found a beat for our ClabSwag submission but forgot to send it over yesterday: I'll PM you when I get home. When you record your vocals, send 'em over and I'll record my swagtastic lyrics and mix it like pizza delivery: 30 minutes or less.

Cool, I just wrote my verse and sent you the lyrics.

Hope you're all ready for SWAG UNIVERSE

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 14:15:39

At 5/9/12 01:33 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5/9/12 12:13 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm milkdud
God dammit, I figured it was somebody, I'm mad you didn't run with it longer haha

I was planning on running with it 'til Friday.

BUT YOOOOOOOO!

Would any artists be willing to make a cover for the swag album? Unless the Senator has plans for promoting- I'll post it up on DatPiff, Soundcloud, Reverbnation, Bandcamp and all that stuff. Here's the concept I posted on SJD's page:

I propose we get one of these artistic-types up here to make a dope ass cover for this mixtape.

Whatever the epitome of swag is (just not lame-looking), make an album cover of it!

Cars, bitches, mansions, bling, money raining from the sky, some exotic animal like a giraffe, bottles of Cristal, some white girls, just the swagginest swag you can think of!

Just a thought...

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 14:37:37

At 5/9/12 04:31 AM, Teqneek wrote:
At 5/9/12 04:02 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
Shoulda denied it ;)

No worries. I just wanted to roll with it a bit longer, get more feedback on the Rampant track, finish up and release the Obsideo battle, and see what people had to say before I revealed the true identity of the Dud Train.

Obsideo actually dropped a pretty dope second verse for that shit, and I was hoping to come back with the worst shit you've ever heard in your life. It's all good though; I hold no hard feelings towards you. I probably should have just denied it after you said that anyway.

Side note- I can't fucking go to sleep and I have a job interview at the cheese sandwich factory in 5 1/2 hours. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Caffeine will guide me through this.

I think you should still just bullshit something on that battle, just so I didn't do that second verse for nothing.

And plus, you need the practice for when you perform at Madison Square Garden!

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 14:51:06

My poor, poor CLABTRAP art. Zero bombed to hell in no time.

The art portal seems ten times as brutal as any of the others, has anyone else noticed this?
I mean, yeah, I'm no Leonardo de-fucking Vinci, but zero bombs with no critique help no one.

Bastards.

Another note: Is there a deadline for all the Clabswag pieces to come in?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 15:02:12

Damn son. Well done.

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 16:06:45

I'm probably about to double post because I have no clue how to put up a pretty NG link accompanied by text. It fucks up every single time for me.

OKAY- The illustration that Fat Beats made is fucking awesome, and it is getting zero bombed, because that's what people do in the art portal in order to help their own shit make the front page. Let's all go 5 bomb this shit and bring it back to where it deserves to be!

Also, does anybody want to make the swag mixtape cover? SWAG?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 16:08:19

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 18:31:30

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 20:25:04

So I've recently uploaded two tracks and I'm looking for people to speak over them in a rhythmic manner while including words that rhyme with each other for shits, giggles, and increased publicity.

This one is classified under ambient, but I think it could make a cool laid-back rap song too.

This one is definitely more beat-like. Another one with a relaxing feel to it. Smooth synths and such.

(Looking at them now, the contrasting names are kinda funny)

But yeah, if anyone's bored or just looking for something to do, rapping over one of these beats would be my suggestion.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 20:50:01

At 5/9/12 02:37 PM, Obsideo wrote:
I love milk dud milk dud please be on my song to maek me famis bcuz your the best raper in the earth

i except you're porporsal n i will come out of retirmint to compleat the song aginst u but u beter be perpared milk dud train choo choooooooooo!

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:02:49

Reading this thread makes me feel like THIS.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:17:53

At 5/9/12 08:25 PM, Obsideo wrote: Some beatzzzz

I fucking love these man. I've already started writing for Haze.

Anyone like to go on it with me? Perhaps yourself, Obsideo?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:22:51

At 5/9/12 09:13 PM, CogSpin wrote: Damn.. I posted the wrong link. Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_DqndLwk0

16 year old vs 14 year old battle rap... Dis shit stupid as hell. Still better than most of Clabtrap though... lol... Round 2 and onwards has been good, though.

Such insight and wisdom... As with almost any fucking tournament ever, OF COURSE the early rounds are generally going to be bad. You should have left it with that first link, as it sums up everything you just said.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:25:46

At 5/9/12 09:17 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 5/9/12 08:25 PM, Obsideo wrote: Some beatzzzz
I fucking love these man. I've already started writing for Haze.

Anyone like to go on it with me? Perhaps yourself, Obsideo?

I'll see if I can whip something up. To be honest, the best mic I have right now is the one that's built into my Apogee One and the results of that are less than great, so I'm trying to avoid recording TOO much until I can upgrade, but maybe I can coax a good sound out of it.

And thanks for the kind words.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:39:34

At 5/9/12 09:30 PM, CogSpin wrote:
At 5/9/12 09:22 PM, Teqneek wrote: Such insight and wisdom... As with almost any fucking tournament ever, OF COURSE the early rounds are generally going to be bad. You should have left it with that first link, as it sums up everything you just said.
Hey, I said the most recent rounds have been good... I've enjoyed this competition, for the most part.

The whole thing is about dissing people, anyway, so yeah.... Don't take it all so serious... It's a damn joke.

Damn... where's TVJohnny when you need him?

Sorry, your joke flew over my head... But you do bring up something I've been wondering for a while- where the hell is tvJohnny? I miss that crazy bastard : (

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:44:15

At 5/9/12 09:41 PM, CogSpin wrote: Best verse TVJohnny ever did was... the one where he just talked over the beat. Funny as fuck.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 21:54:09

At 5/9/12 09:41 PM, CogSpin wrote: Best verse TVJohnny ever did was his 2nd verse against Scuare... the one where he just talked over the beat.. Funny as fuck.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477208

tvJohnny obviously a troll, haha that was fucking hilarious!

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 22:26:59

At 5/9/12 09:22 PM, Teqneek wrote: Such insight and wisdom... As with almost any fucking tournament ever, OF COURSE the early rounds are generally going to be bad.

I still think some of the early round stuff is pretty good. Sure, the competition gets a lot more refined as it goes on, but there was some talent that got knocked out early, I don't need to tell you that! It's just how the brackets fall. (FIXED! CONSPIRACY! BIG RED IS ILLUMINATI!)

I think this Cog fellow is talkin' out of his ass.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 23:07:22

For all of you not busy tonight, I host a radio show called Urban Ruckus. It's live in an hour. Listen at civl.ca

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-09 23:42:05

At 5/9/12 10:26 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
I still think some of the early round stuff is pretty good. Sure, the competition gets a lot more refined as it goes on, but there was some talent that got knocked out early, I don't need to tell you that!

Yeah I agree, there were some good rappers that got booted quickly for whatever reason. And everyone knows I feel that I'm a better rapper than PiGPEN, but I actually feel that I'd have (or at least SHOULD have) made it past Suddle also.

He doesn't rap about anything with substance in his battles, so if people actually voted based on what a battle should be judged by, I gotta say I'd have trumped his ass. PiG should've beaten him in all honesty.

Plus, holy shit- did you hear that wack ass excuse for a battle they put out? Lil C would have made for a more entertaining battle, but that's what happens when you put 2 trolls together, one not giving a fuck about winning, and the other too cocky to put any effort into it.

But oh well, hahaha- you just HAD to get me riled up again, lol.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-10 00:10:51

trust me, I mirror the skill level of my opponents.

you suck and should feel badly for acting like you could beat me.
just watch me keep competing from the sideline...