00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting started

556 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Getting started 2012-02-13 20:38:25

I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Response to Getting started 2012-02-13 21:19:48

At 14 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote: I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Try Pencil. It's free and is good for starters to learn frame-by-frame animation.

Although, animation is a passion. You're really going to have to want to do it because you like it or are interested in it, not to just waste time.

Awesome thanks. do i need anything special to draw it because I'm not that drawing-savvy with a mouse.

Response to Getting started 2012-02-13 21:28:16

At 6 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote: I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Try Pencil. It's free and is good for starters to learn frame-by-frame animation.

Although, animation is a passion. You're really going to have to want to do it because you like it or are interested in it, not to just waste time.
Awesome thanks. do i need anything special to draw it because I'm not that drawing-savvy with a mouse.

That would be a Tablet.
You would do well to get a "Wacom" tablet.
You can get a 50$ one that is small and works well.
Glad to help.

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature