00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TV sucks now

2,315 Views | 42 Replies

TV sucks now 2012-02-11 14:56:26

I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have a gun, Get in the van.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 14:57:39

At least we still got Breaking Bad.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 14:58:11

House M.D. and Dexter too

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 14:58:21

At A few seconds ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?

Because, even though they suck, they sell? If you don't like it then go watch something that you'd prefer on the internet, saves us from seeing pointless posts like these!
But I hate Fox news with a passion.

Don't eat drugs. Eat pizza.

I don't think I've ever jacked off to anything that wasn't mixed in with footage of alpacas - Entice

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:01:16

You must be watching the wrong channels then...

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:01:17

At 1 minute ago, Ultimate-fish wrote:
Because, even though they suck, they sell? If you don't like it then go watch something that you'd prefer on the internet, saves us from seeing pointless posts like these!
But I hate Fox news with a passion.

Amen about Fox News.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:01:49

At 1 minute ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?

I don't usually watch TV anymore. I watch more internet shows or web series than I do actual television. Unfortunately, that's what the masses want. Reality TV spiraled out of control when the first season of Survivor aired. They saw how popular it was, and started to think up any and everything that could become a reality show.

But again, that's what the mass wants. So long as it sells, they're going to sell it. I watch a few shows on TV, but nothing worth waiting for. I'll stick with the internet. It's better here.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:03:34

At 31 seconds ago, SneakyGameBoy wrote: You must be watching the wrong channels then...

Well what channels do you think are the right ones, because I don't have a lot of options for myself.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:05:05

At 6 minutes ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?

What's wrong with Survivor and Amazing Race? those are possibly the best reality shows in existence.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:10:49

TV doesn't suck, it's just sick and needs us to rescue it.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:14:18

At 15 minutes ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?

Just don't watch MTV then?

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:14:21

At A few seconds ago, All-American-Badass wrote: What's wrong with Survivor and Amazing Race? those are possibly the best reality shows in existence.

My problem with Survivor is the fact that they take all of these people in america to these poor islands to survive on, and they're complaining that they can't use their cell phone or they have to walk to get food, where people who live there deal with it everyday. They are just setting a bad example for typical white Americans. The Amazing Race is just about people traveling around the world going through obstacles trying to win. I have no problem with this. I just think the idea is something anyone could have come up with and they have been on TV for eleven years and it's the same recycled trash idea. They don't try to mix it up at all, and people like it because it's the same. For the companies, It's all about the money in this. If it sells, it lives.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:14:31

At 8 minutes ago, numbclass wrote:
At 31 seconds ago, SneakyGameBoy wrote: You must be watching the wrong channels then...
Well what channels do you think are the right ones, because I don't have a lot of options for myself.

If you want good tv, then all I can really suggest is Current TV. Don't ask me the channel name cause I don't know ¬_¬ But it's got some pretty fucking awesome documentary work on there that'll blow your mind.... Most of the time.

Don't eat drugs. Eat pizza.

I don't think I've ever jacked off to anything that wasn't mixed in with footage of alpacas - Entice

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:16:06

I hate MTV and ABC or whoever is doing those pieces of shit.
There's some good shows, just don't go to the heavy corporate ones that air their stupid commercials all day long.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 15:16:29

So you only get one channel and thats MTV?

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:01:57

TV hasn't been good since the 90's.

Been around since 2004. (as a lurker that is!)

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:13:52

At 1 hour ago, All-American-Badass wrote:
What's wrong with Survivor and Amazing Race? those are possibly the best reality shows in existence.

Survivor went down the drain a while ago. The Amazing race is still pretty good, I suppose. I don't watch either anymore, though.

Shows I hate? Too many to list. So what do I do? not watch them/care about them.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:17:12

They do it on purpose to make you buy satellite and Pay-Per-View.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:18:26

TV is terrible. Cinema isn't much better, though. Radio is worse. Really, just American culture in general has become bland and terrible.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:22:20

Now now guys ...
Its commonly the case that you dont watch these shows yourself but a large percentage of the population does.

You don't avoid them simply by turning off the tv, but it definitely is a good start. Everyday conversation is bound to bring them up eventually.

I do agree that Television is pretty worthless now, only a few shows are written well. The rest are reality which is attractive to people for some unknown reason other than they like watching fake drama and reading celebrity gossip. Idiocracy is well on its way.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:32:36

I can't even understand how my brother can watch shows like the Office ( and the UK one ), parks and recreation, those shows are just incomprehensibly bad.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 16:33:24

Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
Community
True Blood
Supernatural
Terra Nova
Warehouse 13
Lost Girl
Sherlock
Would I Lie To You?
Black Mirror
Frozen Planet
Primeval

Just a selection of worthwhile shows airing in the last year. Your own fault if you choose to watch shite.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:08:11

There's still Discovery channel so I keep my TV.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:10:53

At 35 minutes ago, TheMaster wrote: Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
Community
True Blood
Supernatural
Terra Nova
Warehouse 13
Lost Girl
Sherlock
Would I Lie To You?
Black Mirror
Frozen Planet
Primeval

You forgot fallen skies.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:12:51

At 1 hour ago, OctopusSandwich wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows. Mostly, all the fucking reality shows are making tv look terrible, like Jersey Shore, Survivor, Amazing Race, Teen mom, 16 and pregnant, Real Housewives, etc. What shows do you hate?
Just don't watch MTV then?

My initial thought.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:16:41

At least I still have the Walking Dead.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:21:16

No I think It started to suck in 1991 especially in 1996 because that's when ren & stimpy started getting popular.
Since when was idiocy funny?

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:21:56

At 2 hours ago, numbclass wrote: I don't know why there are so many shitty shows.

Well then read a damn book.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:31:53

I agree with the op, even the premium channels suck ass. It seems it's focused on getting us to watch these reality shows and insane amounts of garbage commercials.

Response to TV sucks now 2012-02-11 17:35:34

I like Iron Chef america and DDD