00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EvilDudeArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why why why? 2004-05-10 15:10:38

why cant i use my whistle? and its not broken...when i try to use it the window doesnt pop up

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 15:12:45

What exactly are you clicking on to use to whistle something? Have you ever gotten your "whistle to work?"

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 15:18:45

At 5/10/04 03:12 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: What exactly are you clicking on to use to whistle something? Have you ever gotten your "whistle to work?"

ya...i flagged someone before...how many times can you flag people? anyways...i get the pop up "are you sure you want to whistle" and i click okay...i thought i there was supposed to be a box where i put my reasons to whistle...but it isnt there...

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 15:27:37

Well you can only whistle a submission once. If you haven't already whistled and you still can't get beyond the "are you sure" part (clicking yes of course) then I can't help you anymore because I haven't had that problem before.

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 15:36:36

Pop-up blocker doesnt that. Turn it off and whistle it. Then turn it back on again after done whistling w/e.

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 15:57:32

At 5/10/04 03:18 PM, SinnedAzn wrote: ya...i flagged someone before...how many times can you flag people? anyways...i get the pop up "are you sure you want to whistle" and i click okay...i thought i there was supposed to be a box where i put my reasons to whistle...but it isnt there...

Well ... I don't know what the problem is. BUT, if you are using "Google's toolbar", there should be a quick explanation.
Google toolbar has a pop-up blocker. And sometimes, the program considers some windows like pop-ups, so they block them. But you can still see them if you keep the "CTRL" key under pression, while waiting for the window to show. Well, that's how it works here for me, at least.
So you know, if you do have that, just do what I told you. When clicking on "OK", keep the "CTRL" key pressed.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to why why why? 2004-05-10 17:08:49

At 5/10/04 03:57 PM, alexsmolik wrote:
Well ... I don't know what the problem is. BUT, if you are using "Google's toolbar", there should be a quick explanation.
Google toolbar has a pop-up blocker. And sometimes, the program considers some windows like pop-ups, so they block them. But you can still see them if you keep the "CTRL" key under pression, while waiting for the window to show. Well, that's how it works here for me, at least.
So you know, if you do have that, just do what I told you. When clicking on "OK", keep the "CTRL" key pressed.

Heh, I had that toolbar .. for a day. When I uninstalled they wanted to know why. The problem is that it, like most pop-up blockers would prevent whistle windows from coming up, plus also prevents me from making window cascades when I want to spin the mousewheel on a drop-down menu (ala an artist's flash entries), but consistently will allow actual pop-ups to sneak through. There is also no ability to refine its use by designating them as pop-ups to prevent them from coming up in the future.

Personally, I prefer things like POW. Although you have to go through "teaching" it what is a pop-up, it allows the pop-up to load before closing its window. Sites like NG, which subsist on their advertising, get credit for the hit of the advert being seen while I don't actually have to deal with it.

As to the original question, likely the issue lays with whatever blocker you are using. You'll need to figure out what the process is that allows you to see them, or briefly turn off the blocker, in order to get the java windows to come up. More than likely that's the problem. If not, repost and we'll see what else we can come up with to get you tooting your horn.