00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what is aura 2004-05-10 05:10:12

I read all about it but i don't get why I can chose between light dark and neutral

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 05:20:56

Let me tell you a story, come, sit on my knee and I will read it to you near the warm fire place!
Many moons ago, the only way to get a red or blue aura was to vote on things, if you got a red aura it would mean you voted on a large amount of movies and games low, even high rated ones, while if you got blue it would be from votting high on most movies and games, even one's with low scores.
You would stay green if you were to vote both high and low with out picking one over the other.
However now as you can see, they made it so you can just pick what ever color you want.
Now get the fuck off my knee you bastard! Story time is over!!!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 05:22:50

LOL

ok so Why would you want to pick one or the other

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 05:26:35

At 5/10/04 05:22 AM, Swoerd wrote: LOL

ok so Why would you want to pick one or the other

Itcan be for any reason, you might like the way it looks better with your level icon, you might pick it because you still do vote the way you feel matches the aura, you may pick it because you feel it fits who you are best.
I picked dark for all of the reasons stated above!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 06:14:22

A user with a light aura tends to give movies high marks, including movies that everyone else hates. Perhaps this user is too easy on movies and needs to be more critical, or only votes on movies he likes. Whatever the case, this user tends to be more supportive and likes to make people feel good about their work. The problem with this is they may be too supportive of crap, such as "Delta Ebonics" and "History of Fuck".

A user with a neutral aura commonly casts votes that are close to the average score for that particular movie. They give each movie a fair chance and their opinion doesn't sway too far from the group.

A user with a dark aura has a tendency to vote low on movies. Keep in mind, they don't have a dark aura because they vote low on bad movies - they have a dark aura because they vote low on movies that most other people find good. Users like this are either very critical or just plain mean and bitter. There is a lot of crap in the Portal that gets high marks, so just because someone has a dark aura doesn't necessarily mean they are an asshole. Heck, they might be helping clean out the crap.

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 06:16:49

Defenition:

A user's aura is representative of their voting disposition. There are three types of auras and none are particularly bad, so please don't purposely try to achieve a specific aura.

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 06:56:46

At 5/10/04 06:16 AM, Mysterio-619 wrote: Defenition:

A user's aura is representative of their voting disposition. There are three types of auras and none are particularly bad, so please don't purposely try to achieve a specific aura.

Well now that we can choose our aura, i choose dark cause it looks cool, but i dont go around to vote low on all movies, i five alot when i can and on good quality stuff, ohwell just me i guess...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-10 09:48:16

I have a neutreal aura since im not an evil mass murderer,and i dont go around killing people as a hobbie,since you all have dark auras i guess that you are very evil mass murederes who go around and kill people as a hobbie=P,except X...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 12:51:44

i wish it was like the old days where you had to vote to get aura they prob changed cause so many were just going to random portals and voting to get the color they wanted without looking at the flash

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 13:02:52

At 5/11/04 12:51 PM, blackice0823 wrote: i wish it was like the old days where you had to vote to get aura they prob changed cause so many were just going to random portals and voting to get the color they wanted without looking at the flash

...it was like that before?

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 13:41:23

At 5/11/04 01:02 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/11/04 12:51 PM, blackice0823 wrote: i wish it was like the old days where you had to vote to get aura they prob changed cause so many were just going to random portals and voting to get the color they wanted without looking at the flash
...it was like that before?

Yes, when the level icons and auras were first introduced, the aura was based on your voting habits, ie, if you voted 0 on everything, you had a dark aura.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 13:53:06

At 5/11/04 01:41 PM, Captain_Bob wrote:
Yes, when the level icons and auras were first introduced, the aura was based on your voting habits, ie, if you voted 0 on everything, you had a dark aura.

Doesnt seem too fair.If you only vote on movies that
are bad youll get a dark aura even if you vote fairly.Good that they changed that.

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 14:03:10

Dark = Poser
Neutral = Indecisive and boring
Light = Wimpy

You just pick whichever one you prefer.

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 14:37:32

At 5/11/04 02:03 PM, Rugby4ever wrote: Dark = Poser
Neutral = Indecisive and boring
Light = Wimpy

You just pick whichever one you prefer.

So you prefer the "indecisive and boring" one?=D

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 16:35:50

dark -votes low
neutral-votes like everyone else
light-votes high
any questions

Blah

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 16:39:47

At 5/11/04 04:35 PM, krowdick wrote: dark -votes low
neutral-votes like everyone else
light-votes high
any questions

More like..

dark - I don't feel like being light or neutral anymore.
neutral - I don't feel like being dark or light anymore.
light - I don't feel like being neutral or dark anymore.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to what is aura 2004-05-11 16:48:13

At 5/11/04 04:39 PM, TheJoe324 wrote:
More like..

dark - I don't feel like being light or neutral anymore.
neutral - I don't feel like being dark or light anymore.
light - I don't feel like being neutral or dark anymore.

I dont agree,ive allways been neutreal and i dont think ill ever be dark or light...

BBS Signature