00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RobotHeadProductions just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie

3,527 Views | 73 Replies

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-18 18:48:30

I always use the pop-up.

I guess It is by habit, but I always use the pop up feature.

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-18 18:59:25

I seldom use the pop-up screen and the "hide" option never seemed all that useful to me. I mean, I can still write a review just fine when I pause the game or keep the movie on the menu screen. I can also simply mute my browser if the music is annoying or distracting, so the hide button is not useful for that either.

I would recommend keeping the pop-up screen option, just for those people who have slower CPUs. And some just might find it more convenient.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 00:23:36

No..I don't use either.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 00:43:06

I used the pop-up when I had a slower system, but now that I upgraded I don't need to anymore.

Ignore this signature.

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 00:52:18

At 1/18/12 01:19 PM, MaartenC wrote: What's he going to do with this info?!

Probably delete the users who might oppose the removal of these features.

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 01:00:39

I sctually prefer the pop-up view rather than the regular view. It's just better for me for some reason.

As fot the hide movie button, I hardly use it, but I am aware that it is there.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 01:21:34

I use the pop up feature all of the time. I can't let go of old things.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 01:29:54

I've never really used the hide movie button. But now that I'm aware of it's existence (I knew it existed but it never crosses my mind), it should be useful when writing reviews.

As for pop-up; on rare occasions I use it to prevent lag or something.

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-19 10:01:04

I use hide movie once in awhile, but to be honest usually only if something really unbearable or repetitive is going on but I don't want to leave the page, like yeah to write a review or if the flash has loaded and is making noise but I wasn't planning to watch it right away, obvs it'll have cached and I can just unhide the movie and watch it whenever.

The pop out window I've used once in awhile in occasional instances where the movie consistently doesn't load or freezes or just shows white or stuff like that, for some reason whatever weird flukes/bugs those are seem to be resolved in the pop-out. Then again that was mostly back when I used FireFox, hmmm...

I use the freaking shit out of the dim lights feature though. Using that to halt/blackout the flash ads on the page seems to give some extra performance while also granting the movie more attention. Definitely one of my favorite features

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-22 22:20:14

At 1/18/12 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Also, do you ever use the button to "Hide Movie" or "Hide Game"? This is something for people that want to just close the SWF (since there's no STOP button) and focus on something else on the page, like writing a review. Still, I'm not sure if anyone ever uses it.

I definitely use this when I'm on a slower machine and I just want to write reviews or just vote. I think it should be kept, especially for those of us who aren't always gifted with good machines. xD

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-22 22:30:37

I do if I'm using mobile or the screen being to big

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-22 22:32:25

I use the pop-up window frequently. It helps when I wish to navigate away from the main site, or do something else on NG. I don't like to keep too many browser tabs open when I need to focus on something else, so it helps to keep my browser window organized.

BBS Signature

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-22 22:37:30

I use the "Hide movie" button frequently, but I don't remember the last time I used the pop-up button.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to View in Pop-Up / Hide Movie 2012-01-22 22:44:41

At 1/18/12 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, do you ever use the button to "Hide Movie" or "Hide Game"? This is something for people that want to just close the SWF (since there's no STOP button) and focus on something else on the page, like writing a review. Still, I'm not sure if anyone ever uses it.

slowbeef probably used it a couple of times when making fun of the worst of our selection

F**k.

YES I AM HECTICJON'S ALT ACCOUNT

BBS Signature