00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Q's Daily Drawing

16,928 Views | 105 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 08:30:01

So yeah!
I should draw more small scale stuff, therefore I have decided to make a drawing each day this year.
However, it's already today, and I didn't make a drawing yesterday, so instead I'm gonna make 300 drawings this year. They will typically be made in under one hour, and I'll try to make them just for this thread (but that's no guarantee). I will try to post one drawing every day but will most likely deviate from that schedule at multiple points.
Feel free to post an occasional request to give me some inspiration.

300 drawings? This is madness!
Madness? ... THIS IS Q's DAILY DRAWING!

Q's Daily Drawing

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 08:42:38

That's a good idea. I will suggest you go for a more sketchy feel. Try to focus not so much on finnish as on your basic drawing. Make sure it's tight before you make it pretty. Rough it up man :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 09:01:58

At 1/2/12 08:42 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: That's a good idea. I will suggest you go for a more sketchy feel. Try to focus not so much on finnish as on your basic drawing. Make sure it's tight before you make it pretty. Rough it up man :)

Yeah that was the goal, wanted to polish the starter a bit more though. first impressions and whatnot. The amount of things wrong with it are a good reminder of why I am doing this though. I'm thinking of making the 100th 150th 200th and 300th a bit more polished too.

At 1/2/12 08:58 AM, bilalz wrote: well, you've already done madness so i would recommend you not to do arrow to the knee or over 9000 jokes, other then that i hope you do succeed in this goal you have set for yourself.

Don't worry I'm not much of a meme guy; just thought this was appropriate for a starting pic.

At 1/2/12 08:49 AM, Red-Cheetah wrote: Well,draw a monsterous predator.

Yeah k will do, might do it tonight even, to make up for yesterday's lack of picture.

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 10:27:30

Which ever way you feel like doing it, I am sure it will be interesting to follow. I'll make sure to give you some notes from time to time :)

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 14:50:06

At 1/2/12 10:27 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Which ever way you feel like doing it, I am sure it will be interesting to follow. I'll make sure to give you some notes from time to time :)

That would be most appreciated.

At 1/2/12 08:49 AM, Red-Cheetah wrote: Well,draw a monsterous predator.

BAM #2

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-02 15:59:59

Sounds awesome dude! Good luck!

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 14:42:18

Feel free to post requests guys, if you don't I'll just draw wrestling sharks or something stupid like that.

At 1/2/12 03:59 PM, Ludic wrote: Sounds awesome dude! Good luck!

Thanks

At 1/3/12 07:55 AM, Red-Cheetah wrote: Nice,i love what you did

Glad you like it

At 1/2/12 10:35 PM, Occluded wrote: Best of luck man. That's some dedication. Probably emerge with some major improvements. I look forward to seeing you evolve over the year.

Thanks, I certainly do hope I'll improve from this, that's basically the goal.

At 1/3/12 1:13 PM, Larkatosa wrote: Draw a man looking like a pigeon
WIth derp pigeon stare

BAM #3

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 14:51:02

At 1/3/12 02:42 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/3/12 1:13 PM, Larkatosa wrote: Draw a man looking like a pigeon
WIth derp pigeon stare
BAM #3

Whoa! Wouldn't like to bump into that guy, he looks like the sort who would literally wear your battered body as a suit. Anyway, I like the thick brush stroke texture that your drawings have.

My a suggest for your next drawing a fallen hero, ya know like batman on a spring matress or something like that.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 14:57:30

At 1/3/12 02:42 PM, J-qb wrote: Feel free to post requests guys, if you don't I'll just draw wrestling sharks or something stupid like that.

Now that you mention it, I would of course like to see a dinosaur with a top hat drawn by you someday. But generally I like how you draw birds or for example that beaked predator. So any birdish drawings would be much appreciated.

Good luck with this ambitious project!

Most likely an instant candidate for best art thread 2012, amirite?

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 15:06:15

At 1/3/12 02:42 PM, J-qb wrote: BAM #3

Reminds me of The Penguin from the Batman series.

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 15:12:36

At 1/3/12 03:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/3/12 02:42 PM, J-qb wrote: BAM #3
Reminds me of The Penguin from the Batman series.

me too, a bit of a mixture between him and Gru from despicable me

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-03 16:31:20

Draw a morbid fairytale setting without using gore.

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-04 07:44:22

Please note that while any suggestion/request is appreciated I will not draw anything you request so.. sorry!

At 1/3/12 02:57 PM, Luwano wrote: Now that you mention it, I would of course like to see a dinosaur with a top hat drawn by you someday.

BAM

Good luck with this ambitious project!

Thanks

Most likely an instant candidate for best art thread 2012, amirite?

INORITE, what what? EH?
BAM #4

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-04 08:10:44

You go gurl!

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-06 09:44:25

At 1/4/12 08:10 AM, CloudEater wrote: You go gurl!

Oh I'm going, alright!

let the truth be known.. damn canadians

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-06 10:20:45

At 1/6/12 09:44 AM, J-qb wrote: #5
let the truth be known.. damn canadians

Truly, I am now immortalized.

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-06 11:03:42

This thread is rapidly surpassing epicness!

Can I have a Zombie Playing a Banjo please? You know... if you need an idea to draw that is...
:D

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-07 11:38:55

At 1/6/12 11:03 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: This thread is rapidly surpassing epicness!

Thanks

Can I have a Zombie Playing a Banjo please? You know... if you need an idea to draw that is...

I'll try to work it in sometime

In the left corner, at eighteen feet tall weighing in at fifteen hundred pounds, they call him "The garbage can of the oceans" it's the TIGERRRR SHARK!

#6 epic setup

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-07 11:51:38

Arr yes.. I think this is the best one yet. There seems to be more focus on getting the basics right than on polish and smooteness in this one. And it's quite good. I would still like to see some really wild and untamed pictures though were you really sketch your way into the subject.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-07 14:36:26

At 1/7/12 11:51 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Arr yes.. I think this is the best one yet. There seems to be more focus on getting the basics right than on polish and smooteness in this one. And it's quite good. I would still like to see some really wild and untamed pictures though were you really sketch your way into the subject.

I never really did any wild/untamed drawing.... so I don't really know how to set about doing that... I guess the rawest stuff I've done are 90sec gesture drawings from posemaniacs.... This was more of value/color study I guess, pretty happy with it. Both this one and the previous were referenced btw.

And in the right cornerrr, nineteen feet of muscle, weighing in at one thousand pounds this contender is the underdog, but his supreme maneuvrability and 360' vision mean he shouldn't be underestimated, it's the "man with the hammer" the Hammerhead Sharrk!

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-08 17:05:25

Quite the beautiful shark Cube, I'm very impressed with this project. Might I request a picture of a sad panda who is taking the night off to drown their sorrows with junk food and crappy television?

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-08 17:36:40

Nice project dude.

I'm thinking on starting something like this sooner or later.
Good progress you have been doing as well.

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-09 07:16:35

At 1/7/12 03:32 PM, Red-Cheetah wrote: If you ever need more suggestions tell me.

Feel free to just post em in the thread and I'll see if I like em.

At 1/8/12 05:05 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Quite the beautiful shark Cube, I'm very impressed with this project. Might I request a picture of a sad panda who is taking the night off to drown their sorrows with junk food and crappy television?

Thanks

At 1/8/12 05:36 PM, leocartoon1 wrote: Nice project dude. I'm thinking on starting something like this sooner or later. Good progress you have been doing as well.

Thanks, glad you like it; if you have the opportunity to spare an hour a day I really recommend it.
JUST TO MAKE THIS CLEAR THOUGH:
This isn't a request thread; I love hearing all your suggestions/requests as to what I should draw, however I do not guarantee that I will draw them. I'll try to do some of em especially if I like them/they manage to inspire me.

anyways #8

semi-referenced.

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-09 07:21:23

Draw two Shaqs wresting.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-09 07:23:49

At 1/9/12 07:21 AM, Aigis wrote: Draw two Shaqs wresting.

lame

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-09 11:00:22

you should draw some nude acts, if you need a model PM me ;)

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-09 11:02:02

needs more llamas in baths :3...

good stuff so far :D

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-10 14:34:40

I guess we have a winner....

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-10 15:33:57

Hey j-qb, your stuff is pretty decent. i realy like the first two sharks, nice sence of dept, but i feel like the front of the snout needs abit more detail to realy get it to work. that last shark picture is missing something i can't quite put my finger on, it might be the lighting that needs some work and the shapes just seem less organic then the other two. anyway, good work, you keep up the daily drawing and you'l be kicking as sin no time.

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to Q's Daily Drawing 2012-01-10 16:05:56

At 1/10/12 03:33 PM, Weenog wrote: Hey j-qb, your stuff is pretty decent. i realy like the first two sharks, nice sence of dept, but i feel like the front of the snout needs abit more detail to realy get it to work. that last shark picture is missing something i can't quite put my finger on, it might be the lighting that needs some work and the shapes just seem less organic then the other two. anyway, good work, you keep up the daily drawing and you'l be kicking as sin no time.

Thanks, all very true points, the third shark pic wasn't really referenced as strongly as the others, that's why it isn't as good. totally right about the snout too, I'd already noticed that myself.

Q's Daily Drawing

BBS Signature