00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG BattleGrounds Club

36,394 Views | 735 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-14 23:24:36

_Luis_ I CHALLENGE THEE

this is...
Name: (unnamed animated doll)
Height: one foot
Weight: 2.5 lbs
Bio: One dark and lonely night in a small apartment several friends created a voodoo doll that was sure to work, they even put a small heart in it. It was given a small skeleton, and a cardio system to add to it...
The friends had experimented with voodoo before, but never to a large extent, the friends found an old book of spells, little did they know that a single page being ripped out would change their lives...
After reading the spell, which was distirted due to the missing page, they noticed a small light emerging from the chest of the doll. The doll awoke, it's eyes peircing their souls... the doll edged forward on it's awkward legs, leaped to the chest of one of them, it's hands once frail suprisingly hard, dug into the mans chest and pulled out the heart, still beating, the blood soaked demon puppet, killed all four of them that night, and the doll was never seen, until now...

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-14 23:27:26

ok.. _luis_ is taken...
Challenges, anyone?

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-14 23:40:06

I want to battle you my friend. i have a heart , but it's already taken out, just to fight for the right of other people.
Anyway you have to wait till may 29 because of my schoolproject.
Are you in?

-Quelantaro

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-14 23:50:59

If thee speakeths to mee I accept, post thy character...

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-14 23:55:52

At 5/14/04 09:16 PM, _Luis_ wrote: the template is there as a base of all variations.. you can swap graphics and tweak things to suit your taste. just have it function in a similar fashion. so it stays consistent as a series.

I was thinking it would be cool to be able to read the bio's while the flash loads. I dont know anything about doing that though, and maybe the file size would be too big for a preloader, i dont know. Just kinda weird waiting around for it to load and then when it's finally finished, i feel like i need to read bio's instead of watching the flash right away.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 00:15:30

DifName, thats a good idea... wel NG I'm gonna jet (hate that "band") later

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 00:18:16

Here's a close-up of heart

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 00:23:47

btw these are previews from my schoolwork wich I'm working on. It's half way now.

another look at heart

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 00:26:30

At 5/14/04 11:55 PM, DifferentName wrote:
I was thinking it would be cool to be able to read the bio's while the flash loads.

Hmmm thats an excellent idea!

I'll put that into effect on the next incarnation of the template. (next week) Thanks

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 01:24:39

At 5/14/04 08:49 PM, gimpchimp wrote:
At 5/14/04 08:12 PM, Openwounds wrote:
At 5/14/04 08:10 PM, gimpchimp wrote: hey, Openwounds. I guess your out of my league but I really like your flipside guy.

so: I CHALLENGE YOU!

^.^
ok ill except.. sorry blessing ;) now.. to look up your char... do you have msn?

!!!

Someone considered doing this thing with me and then skipped over me?!? Pffft, well that makes an already "great" day "better"...

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 01:52:23

PH33R, FOR HE IS HERE!!

I CHALLENGE... EVERYONE!!!!! But I choose only to face the first to accept my open challenge. BUT I KNOW THAT HE WHO DOES SHALL DO SO WITH PH33R FOR PH33R IS INSTILLED IN THOSE WHO BEHOLD.....

NOD THE 1000 YEAR OLD HALF-DONKEY BOYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!11

NO, HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A RABBIT, POO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOD RHYMES WITH GOD, PH33RNESS!!! Nod is half donkey and as the prophecy fortells, he who is born of man and donkey shall not die of natural causes, this is proven biblical fact. HE POSSESSES TWO KINDS OF SPERM AND MUCH GOOD FIGHTING!!! Nod lives in the shadows and only befriends lonely donkeys. He learned to fight from Marcel Dungar. Who is that you ask? OF COURSE YOU DO, NOD KILLED ALL WHO KNEW OF MARCEL IN THE 8TH CENTURY!!! Nod hates AOL's parental controls so he kills people who's names start with O, L, or A. Throughout history, none have survived being killed by his patented signature move, the donkey punch, and lived to tell about it.

RESPOND IF YOU DARE! FIGHT THE PH33R LONG ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IN YOUR INSIDES YOU'LL BE SAYING "AAAAHHHHH, I SCREAM LIKE LITTLE GIRL ON MY BRAIN'S INSIDE CAUSE I'M APH33RED OF THE DEADLYNESS OF TEH DONKEY PUNCH!" It's okay, i forgive teh ph33r in you. ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE, BEFORE SQUEE AND NOD SPAM THE TOPIC.

ph33r................

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 01:58:56

So....you're a furry? That's neat.... but the donkey part um... :/ That sorta ...well nevermind I can't critasise. I RP a squirrel xD

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 02:00:24

im sorry blessing.. he challenged me before i could challenge you.. he got it out one minute earlier. you may have my next battle if you like ;)

Blah Blah Blah..

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 03:07:45

At 5/15/04 01:58 AM, Aasha wrote: So....you're a furry? That's neat.... but the donkey part um... :/ That sorta ...well nevermind I can't critasise. I RP a squirrel xD

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, FURRY SQUIRREL, NOD CAN BITE THROUGH WALLS AND READ! WHY DON'T YOU FACE ME?!?!?12121 YOUR HAPPY SQUIRREL'S FLESH WILL MAKE FOR A WONDERFUL SACRIFICE TO NOD'S SEXUAL DESIRE... OF DEATH!!!!!!!

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 03:50:13

At 5/14/04 10:18 PM, Openwounds wrote: ahh.. my template bg.. now to start animating

hehe... kool/

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 13:10:40

people should try to use the same song when you are doing it

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 13:16:46

For anyone who cares, that wud be perhaps only openwounds and maybe even he doesn't care: heres a screenshot just to show that things are underway. This is probably the only one I'll be posting.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 13:30:15

Name: Undecided, but call him Jack for now I guess.

Height: Around 6'1

Weight: ? does it matter?

(Brief) Bio: He's a fucking psycho, and an expert with edged weapons, especially knives/throwing knives.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 14:31:23

CAN HE FACE NOD?!? YOU PEOPLE POST PICTURES AND DO NOTHING!!! THE GIRLY SQUIRREL HAS RUN UP A TREE TO PISS HIMSELF IN PH33R SO I FORMALLY CHALLENGE YOU INSTEAD!!! DO YOU ACCEPT OR COWER LIKE SO MANY BEFORE YOU?!?!

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 16:13:05

well i have 180 frames done lol.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 17:29:21

to ADarkerBreed

start 29 of may... till 3 juni

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 18:19:39

At 5/15/04 02:31 PM, SqueeisHappy wrote: DO YOU ACCEPT OR COWER LIKE SO MANY BEFORE YOU?!?!

I dont see why anyone would want to do flash with someone who talks shit as much as you do. And in all caps. Sure, you're drawing isn't one of the worst on here, but even if it was one of the best i dont think that would be good enough to make me want to work with someone as annoying as you.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 19:08:18

cool, I accept, I will work on it now... muahahahaha

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 19:53:12

I dont see why anyone would want to do flash with someone who talks shit as much as you do. And in all caps. Sure, you're drawing isn't one of the worst on here, but even if it was one of the best i dont think that would be good enough to make me want to work with someone as annoying as you.

I have a feeling he is -joe-

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 21:39:57

Is there anyone who hasn't been challenged yet and still wants to participate? (except squeeishappy of course).

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 22:04:08

I'm gonna try to get angrymouse14 over here. One of his cool poninjas would blow ya'lls characters!

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-15 22:14:15

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-16 00:24:01

At 5/15/04 06:19 PM, DifferentName wrote:

I didn't realize I was coming across as annoying, my sincerest of apologies. Everybody here, to a degree, "talks shit". Luis himself said something like "I'm ready to trash someone else's character," so I assumed that we were all just joking around with bragging and such to make "battles" more interesting. I wasn't really serious, my character was made to be so ridiculously stupid that my "talking shit" wouldn't be taken seriously, but apparently some people did, so I'll be more direct. Everything I've said to this point has just been goofing off to entertain myself. I did want to volunteer for this thing, and i do feel that my character is amusing enough to make a nice flash with, yet, silly enough that i won't mind seeing him beat up. However, I did not intend to annoy, bother, frustrate, irritate, frighten, or come across as "talking shit" to anyone. I promise in the future to make my posts more bland and devoid of emotion, so as not to confuse.

Having cleared things up, I would find it most pleasant if someone would agree to participate in a "battle" with me. The concept is quite amusing and I feel that, with the enthusiasm that this topic seems to have, we could accomplish a highly entertaining flash.

By the way, I don't know who "-Joe-" is but if he is an annoying person who "talks shit" then i'm sincerely sorry that I have resembled him up to this point.

Thank you for your time.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-16 11:13:18

Well Squee, assuming that you are serious now, and you arent posting serious for shits and giggles, I wouldnt mind challenging you. I know, I dont have a character on here yet, but I have an idea for one. I just have to get it drawn :p

If you have MSN or AIM we could talk over that.

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-16 14:30:11

Screeny time :D This one is Ninjor, expect it to change a bit in the actual movie, including having a BG :P

NG BattleGrounds Club