00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

album cover request

775 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

album cover request 2011-11-18 12:57:55

Hello, I know this is kind of a long shot...
I'm looking for someone to design an album cover for me for my first EP. I will give you full credit and such, it doesn't have to be time consuming.
I'm looking for something sic fi themed, and the project/band is called 'Shifters'.
The music sounds something like the band Animals as Leaders but with keyboards/pianos instead of guitars.
If need be I can email you some audio samples of what I'm working on in the studio.
Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-18 13:44:28

Unless the EP is going to be free to download, you might want to offer payment.
Many people are reluctant to offer their services to someone who is going to make money off of something they've contributed to when they aren't going to make any themselves.
For example, an artist would be reluctant to offer graphics to a programmer creating a game that would be sold, where the programmer would be making money but the artist wont receive any compensation.

Response to album cover request 2011-11-18 13:55:37

At 11/18/11 01:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Unless the EP is going to be free to download, you might want to offer payment.

Yes, it is for free download. The entire thing.

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-18 15:41:44

mind if we get a link to some of your music?

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 11:45:46

At 11/18/11 03:41 PM, JessePants wrote: mind if we get a link to some of your music?

here you go

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 12:54:43

Something like this?

album cover request

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 12:58:35

Here's a link for a higher quality version if you are interested...

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 14:19:23

Wow man, that was exactly what I was looking for, you mind pming your last name.

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 16:10:53

No problem, as for the music, I am not a huge fan of the long breaks. Maybe cut 1-2 seconds off of the first couple silences, or get rid of them entirely and find a way to transition between them with maybe a crescendo and a transition chord of some type. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the really long and quiet intro, you know, the part of the song that I can't hear for the first 10-15 seconds. You may also want to make the audio clip a little quieter, it caught me by surprise while I was writing this and didn't really add much to the song.

If you haven't already, you should go to the audio forums and see what they suggest, that is if you wanted suggestions...

If you didn't want any input on the song, whoops my bad, at least you got some cover art.

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 20:29:56

Am I doing it right?

album cover request

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-11-30 20:42:18

At 11/30/11 08:29 PM, DNoack757 wrote: Am I doing it right?

You may have added an extra letter.

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to album cover request 2011-12-01 00:08:21

Thanks for input, it was a demo song I guess, I will use that chart and let you know when the ep is done.

BBS Signature