00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Massive Bass Problem.

1,485 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:39:28

So ive been working on this mix and I found this cool Pendulum styled bass, my only problem is the fact that every second note have this sudden sub boost that just annoys the hell out of me, im using massive with nothing special outside the fact that i set unison to 3, ive played around with it and while it does dampen the problem, it wont remove it completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:42:46

dunno since you didn't post the settings but have you heard of this thing called an equalizer

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:44:59

As much of a dick response as that is, he has a point.

Equalizer bro, read and learn how to use it

Here be dragons... No... Just kidding. That's a wall, I do believe.

//ROMULUS\\

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:48:29

Idk maybe you have a touch of detuning?

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:49:55

At 10/19/11 02:42 PM, SBB wrote: dunno since you didn't post the settings but have you heard of this thing called an equalizer

The boost happens every other note so i dont see how an eq would help, as for the settings:

As I said, theres really nothing special about it, just a filtered bass.
Ive EQd it so it would fit the song, including the removal of all the nasty lower freq (as ya do), i havent compressed it though (yet).

Massive Bass Problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:53:51

Ok, I went back to the drawing board and removing the unison seemed to help, Thanks for the replies, now for the sub :)

BBS Signature

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:54:37

At 10/19/11 02:49 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote:
At 10/19/11 02:42 PM, SBB wrote: dunno since you didn't post the settings but have you heard of this thing called an equalizer
The boost happens every other note so i dont see how an eq would help

I don't understand how you're thinking- why does it matter how often the bass boost happens? Cut the low end and the bass boost won't happen, ever.

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 14:57:35

add highpass filter and then create new normal sub bass

BBS Signature

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-19 19:00:51

Learn how to use Massive. It's a very powerful VST but simply tinkering with presets leaves you pretty in the dark as to what's going on to cause these issues. More often than not, the problem exists at the source.

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-20 01:16:00

I get problems like this all the god damn time using Massive. Crap like my patches changing their sound slightly every 2 bars, patches sounding completely different everytime I open certain projects, random volume changes and sub problems like you've got. I've gone through all the settings, routing, voicing, you name it. The only thing I've found is that it's most likely to do with the oscillators. Certain ones like Maygr have a tendency to be dicks and do random, annoying shit to piss you off.

If one of your basses is giving you trouble, I suggest you bounce it down to WAV. so there can't be any fluctuations in it's sound. Saves on CPU as well.

If anyone knows what's really causing this problem, please elaborate. I'd love to know how to stop this shit. Really, please tell me.

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-21 02:18:01

At 10/19/11 02:53 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Ok, I went back to the drawing board and removing the unison seemed to help, Thanks for the replies, now for the sub :)

Make sure the oscillators aren't set to "Free" mode.

I had the same problem using sylenth1 and toxic biohazard when synthesizing bass with unison.

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-21 05:18:48

When you have any sort of chorus effect and a filter with resonance this kind of problem can arise. Turn the resononace on the filters down or off, or put some sort of compressor on the low-end frequencies.

bork bork bork

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2011-10-21 05:21:58

At 10/21/11 02:18 AM, DDman465 wrote:
At 10/19/11 02:53 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Ok, I went back to the drawing board and removing the unison seemed to help, Thanks for the replies, now for the sub :)
Make sure the oscillators aren't set to "Free" mode.

How does one change an oscillator from free mode?

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2013-02-03 18:12:09

Hey I know this is over a year later but I've found the real solution to your phasing problem for anyone's future reference. Click on the OSC tab located in the middle of Massive. Then just click the box next to Restart Via Gate under Oscillator Phases. Problem solved!

Response to Massive Bass Problem. 2013-02-03 18:45:11

At 2/3/13 06:12 PM, PattyFritters wrote: Hey I know this is over a year later but I've found the real solution to your phasing problem for anyone's future reference. Click on the OSC tab located in the middle of Massive. Then just click the box next to Restart Via Gate under Oscillator Phases. Problem solved!

Beat me to it. The Restart Via Gate makes sure every note is the same.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat