00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheDoujinanimator just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Overly competitive gamers

2,508 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-08 08:05:26

At 10/8/11 07:14 AM, MatthewF wrote: Competitive asshats are the reason I stopped playing online multiplayers . Seriously you play games to enjoy them not listen to two 13 year olds go at it with each other

Solution: Get a PC, ditch your console.

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-08 08:09:20

At 10/8/11 08:05 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/8/11 07:14 AM, MatthewF wrote: Competitive asshats are the reason I stopped playing online multiplayers . Seriously you play games to enjoy them not listen to two 13 year olds go at it with each other

Or, mute the game and play some music in the background instead. That's what I always did when I played CoD, for the small amount of time I played.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-08 14:36:17

This is definitely a topic I can relate to. The people on online gaming are just to devoted and pro at the games so I always lose. Games are my entertainment, not life...

Click pic for my best trance song

BBS Signature

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-08 21:01:05

As long as they are not getting angry at me, I like rage. I never rage, but when other people do, it is quite amusing.

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-09 06:38:28

At 10/8/11 08:05 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:

Which I obviously did as I am posting here

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-09 07:00:19

At 10/9/11 06:38 AM, MatthewF wrote:

Which I obviously did as I am posting here

Both the Wii and PS3 have built in web-browsers which work with NG

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Overly competitive gamers 2011-10-09 07:10:59

I'm not saying every game and every match needs to be taken balls-to-the-wall seriously, but if you guys hate "competitive gamers" then I'm sorry but you're completely full of shit. Almost everybody takes gaming seriously when they go online. By that, I mean you generally try your best and do what you think is necessary to win.

I mean, when you log on to your Battlefields or Call of Duties or whatever you don't just dick around doing nonsense. You might not be sitting their, hyperventilating in anticipation of what your opponent may do next, but you're probably fully intending on playing the game. Would you get pissed if someone yelled at you for not "playing well enough" or "being bad"? Sure. Would you get pissed at someone who just ran around team killing or shooting rocks because "it's just a game and you shouldn't take it seriously anyway"? I'm going to assume yes over here too.

So, I guess all I'm saying is that everyone has a personal line. Some people may just want to play for kicks. Great. Some people want to dig in deep with a game and really figure what its all about. That's great too. If you find yourself on a server/match where the people around you are playing on a different "line" than you, then you are the problem. Just leave and go somewhere else where the people play similarly to yourself.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.