00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Media blacking out major protest!!!

4,428 Views | 78 Replies

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 21:03:49

also it was not pointed at my leg that is the ground it is pointed at. bad angle. also it doesn't take an expert to know a little about firearms. although it does take a small amount of experience. ( i have used larger than a .22 as well...)

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 21:13:56

At 9/25/11 09:03 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: also it was not pointed at my leg that is the ground it is pointed at. bad angle. also it doesn't take an expert to know a little about firearms. although it does take a small amount of experience. ( i have used larger than a .22 as well...)

omg can i hier u 2 kill this dick butmunch fag i h8 4 me??1 hes such a bitch i h8 him n u seem reely experincd like u culd do it w/o teh cops findin out

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 21:20:09

At 9/25/11 09:13 PM, camobch0 wrote:
omg can i hier u 2 kill this dick butmunch fag i h8 4 me??1 hes such a bitch i h8 him n u seem reely experincd like u culd do it w/o teh cops findin out

you are not good at trolling at all really. it's just sad....
also related...i guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFB CA

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 21:28:52

At 9/25/11 09:20 PM, thegarbear14 wrote:
At 9/25/11 09:13 PM, camobch0 wrote:
you are not good at trolling at all really. it's just sad....
also related...i guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFB CA

wut dood im so not trollin lololol!!!1 grrrr im guna kill u bitchfag

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 21:30:41

More like the media is just covering up a Ron Paul hippie circle jerk.

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-25 22:37:16

so what are they protesting against? people being rich?

dumb kids.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 00:48:55

At 9/25/11 08:03 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: Then the banks are in shit.

Do you know how banks work? It's a big system of corruption most people don't realize. That's why some people would rather keep their money at home.

Watch money as debt.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 01:20:35

This thread gets a bump, and I'll be sending it out all over, too.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 09:12:57

At 9/26/11 12:48 AM, Jin wrote:
Do you know how banks work? It's a big system of corruption most people don't realize. That's why some people would rather keep their money at home.
Watch money as debt.

Good post.

-----

A lot of you are highlighting the same point I've made that OWS doesn't have a specific cause. Yes, they are aimless, and as long is it remains that way they will not directly affect any specific change- that doesn't mean it's totally useless though.

This is a gathering of people from ALL political affiliations. Getting them all to agree on one thing will take a hell of a lot of ingenuity. But what they ARE doing is increasing awareness and solidarity. They're making it known that we the people are tired of being rear-ended by the corporate system, and that nobody is alone in the longing for something better. They might not be able to change anything major, but they can make it so that the people who can can no longer ignore the fact that we have a problem. As long as this gains momentum, that will be a very important aspect of what's happening here.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 09:59:40

The protesters probably deserve what they're getting. I'm sure the police aren't beating them without reason, or using excessive force, and the group could have expected this.

Although they claim that they planned to have no reason on purpose, anyone could do anything for "no reason" and make it sound like an abstract great cause.

This protest was lead by Anonymous right? They've hacked companies in the past, but I think they're just a bunch of bored, yet intelligent people that want an excuse for doing nonsense.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 11:13:12

At 9/26/11 09:59 AM, mega855 wrote: The protesters probably deserve what they're getting. I'm sure the police aren't beating them without reason, or using excessive force, and the group could have expected this.

I have watched the police commit unprovoked violence. What you are saying is simply ignorance to the truth of what's really going on in the streets of New York right now. They're using violence and intimidation to 'keep control' of the demonstrators, despite the fact that the demonstrators are only peacefully gathering (with very rare exceptions).

Although they claim that they planned to have no reason on purpose, anyone could do anything for "no reason" and make it sound like an abstract great cause.

But there is a reason. Pay attention.

This protest was lead by Anonymous right? They've hacked companies in the past, but I think they're just a bunch of bored, yet intelligent people that want an excuse for doing nonsense.

No. It was started by AdBusters. This has nothing to do with Anonymous besides the fact that 'members' have shown up in the gathering.

------

You can spread this article and information by spreading this link:
http://independentthought.tumblr.com/pos t/10644494303/uncovering-the-wall-street -protest

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 11:24:11

The news puts a blanket on a lot of things. This is no surprise to me.

I really just think that they're all being retarded. From what I read, they have no clear reason to do this. This leads me to believe that they're just stirring up trouble. Maybe they should get a leader, because the rag tag bunch deal ain't goin' down.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 15:01:07

Watch money as debt.

What the shit?

"Today, MONEY IS DEBT. If there were NO DEBT there would be NO MONEY."

I need to read that much to realise whatever the fuck that is, it's stupid.

Yes the banks lend more money than they have, how is that a problem as long as people actually pay that shit back.

It's not corrupt, it's common knowledge that this is how banks work, whats wrong with it? Why is it corrupt?

It's a bussiness, gotta make money and thats a damn good way as long as people don't flake out on their debts, which happened because your dumbass banks lent to everyone and anyone with a pulse, which Europe or atleast the UK, had invested in.

Debt is debt, a lack of money is debt. Money has value, a value we assign it as a form of trading. Don't like money? Go back fuck knows how many thousands of years and trade chickens and stuff of equal value... however, the evolve as a society and use currency.

Basically, the problem is, everyone who was lent money, lost it all, and then everyone who lent the money to these failures, had lots of property and shit they reproccessed where they had to no money and since this was the case in alot of scenarios, there was a huge supply of worthless goods, with no one to buy em.

Money isn't evil, people who fold on their debts are.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 16:12:50

At 9/26/11 03:01 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote:

Watch money as debt.
What the shit?

"Today, MONEY IS DEBT. If there were NO DEBT there would be NO MONEY."

I need to read that much to realise whatever the fuck that is, it's stupid.

Yes the banks lend more money than they have, how is that a problem as long as people actually pay that shit back.

It's not corrupt, it's common knowledge that this is how banks work, whats wrong with it? Why is it corrupt?

It's a bussiness, gotta make money and thats a damn good way as long as people don't flake out on their debts, which happened because your dumbass banks lent to everyone and anyone with a pulse, which Europe or atleast the UK, had invested in.

Debt is debt, a lack of money is debt. Money has value, a value we assign it as a form of trading. Don't like money? Go back fuck knows how many thousands of years and trade chickens and stuff of equal value... however, the evolve as a society and use currency.

Basically, the problem is, everyone who was lent money, lost it all, and then everyone who lent the money to these failures, had lots of property and shit they reproccessed where they had to no money and since this was the case in alot of scenarios, there was a huge supply of worthless goods, with no one to buy em.

Money isn't evil, people who fold on their debts are.

That's actually pretty uneducated. For one (though there's quite a few things wrong with what you said), all of our money comes from the Federal reserve, which isn't actually federal. It basically IS debt. You basically just said "here's information that I'm not familiar with and it seems abnormal to what I already suspect, so it's stupid'. Have an open mind and learn something, why don't you? Alternatively, you can have a closed mind and argue against points when you haven't taken the time to actually learn what they are. One of these seems wise. The other seems... not.

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 16:53:57

FB'd & Tweet'd, best of luck ppl!

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-26 17:47:38

It's probably because the news only cares about protests that are actually going to make a difference, or have a clear and valid point in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-27 16:48:16

These people are protesting illegally and not in the spirit of the USA. Their protests have no business disrupting the peace, blocking traffic, blocking businesses, etc. They are just costing the tax payers even more by exhausting police resources.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-27 16:51:55

At 9/27/11 04:48 PM, WadeFulp wrote: These people are protesting illegally and not in the spirit of the USA. Their protests have no business disrupting the peace, blocking traffic, blocking businesses, etc. They are just costing the tax payers even more by exhausting police resources.

Fuck off with your logic and reason.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Media blacking out major protest!!! 2011-09-27 16:57:57

I'm a humanist long before I'm a patriot. I think we are no where near the potential or peak of humanity's societal structure, and we're far from the path towards it. I also feel like the people that have all the money will continue to make that progression harder as long as they're allowed to, because in the end it keeps them rich.

I think the very fact that the state of affairs is such that this many people could gather for no specific cause other than that they're sick of the way our system works means something. That's what this is about. It's the increased solidarity it brings to people who believe things should be better than they are now- and there are a LOT of people who think like me on this. We don't all agree on everything, but we're tired of feeling rear-ended by our socioeconomic structure.