00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need programmer for a simple forum

900 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

All I need is someone to make a forum for my website. It doesn't even require a user login system, those are too much of a hassle. I want my website to be as simple as possible, so I don't want people to have to register.

Basically, you go to the site and there's a link to the forum page. On the forum page you see two sections, Looking For and Looking To, on each one you can post a topic under a name that you enter. People can reply and all that nonsense too. You would really have to understand what this website is about to know why I want it this way.

Also, there's a search bar on the left of the screen on every page and I need it to search through all existing forum topics. One more thing, the advanced search page needs to be able to search using specifics like a normal advanced search on a forum would do.

I can't pay you, at least not right away, if you wanted to be payed at all. You're name will be put on the bottom of every page on the footer with credit given as the creator of the forum, it would also go on the forum page at the top to say that you made the forum, if you want.

If you are interested, PM me and we'll talk more. I have the entire website done besides the forum and the search, that's all I need.

I could also put your name along with mine on the masthead if you wanted.

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-14 16:21:35

Here's a tip:
-There are no professional programmer who will accept your offer.(Cause you won't pay.)
(Freelancer kids(students) may accept it for experience!)

"Stand up and fight! Stand up and see the sky turn bright! Fight for a better day!"

-Turisas

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-14 19:53:12

At 8/14/11 04:21 PM, scearezt wrote: Here's a tip:
-There are no professional programmer who will accept your offer.(Cause you won't pay.)
(Freelancer kids(students) may accept it for experience!)

No we won't.

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-15 08:31:35

I would do it but I expect payment up front before I would deliver said forum.

The forum will be scripted and uploaded on remote server for testing and upon payment, files will be turned over to you.

Without money, there is no justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-15 16:54:17

You could just google forum software and find something you like. I know many great forum options which can be easily set up for guests to post.

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-16 17:43:05

At 8/13/11 04:15 PM, NESGeek wrote: It doesn't even require a user login system, those are too much of a hassle.

In that case you can expect to spend all of your time removing the vast quantities of spam postings which will be made.

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-17 07:59:08

Just get a simple forum system and Akismet setup. You'll hardly have to worry about spam anymore.

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-17 12:43:32

At 8/14/11 07:53 PM, zawmbee wrote: Freelancer kids(students) may accept it for experience!)

No we won't.

Are you the leader of the Freelance Students Association? Do you speak on behalf of them?

Ok then, shut up.

Need programmer for a simple forum

Without money, there is no justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-08-20 18:33:53

i will do it as long as i can put my ads on the forum so i make money from it deal?

disregard females acquire currency

NG irc :D

BBS Signature

Response to Need programmer for a simple forum 2011-09-03 15:16:35

i will do it, I am building a bunch of basic functions for my new website (including a forum). email me at holland.dylan1138@gmail.com