00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGizmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Captain America the First Avenger

12,166 Views | 245 Replies

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 11:32:58

At 8/9/11 11:25 AM, SlapAHo wrote: Honestly guys. Cap. America is one of the most useless super heroes out there.Even more so than Aquaman...

Just saying...

What about Robin, or The Wonder Twins? they're more useless than Captain America.

Maybe Captain's superpowers ain't the coolest, but he has leadership, something that Aquaman or Robin haven't.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 11:33:30

At 8/9/11 11:27 AM, Ultimatefish wrote:
At 8/9/11 11:25 AM, SlapAHo wrote: Honestly guys. Cap. America is one of the most useless super heroes out there.Even more so than Aquaman...

Just saying...
Nah fordef aquaman is more worthless

Aquaman controls sea creatures from around the world.Cap. America knows how to use a shield.In your opinion, which one sounds more "super" for a hero.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 11:36:22

At 8/9/11 11:32 AM, creepyboy wrote:

Just saying...
What about Robin, or The Wonder Twins? they're more useless than Captain America.

Maybe Captain's superpowers ain't the coolest, but he has leadership, something that Aquaman or Robin haven't.

Your right about that I guess.He is the first real Avenger anyways.But as a stand alone superhero, he's not all that compared to the others.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 11:36:37

At 8/9/11 04:20 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 8/6/11 01:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The First Avenger is still the best movie in theaters.
I dunno. Super 8 and Rise of the Planet of the Apes are easily on par with Cap.

Did you go see Rise of the planet of the apes? If so, how was it? I want to know just incase I go to see it and get my hopes up.

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 11:42:42

Cut off one head, two will take it's place!
*bang*
Okay boys, lets find the other two.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 21:10:37

At 8/9/11 04:15 AM, ScottHall3000 wrote:
At 8/9/11 04:13 AM, Xenomit wrote: dude, captain america is basicly just a spartan without a giant armor set.

what a rip-off of halo
Are you smoking crack or just stupid?

Well he is right. Spartans are genetically enhanced super soldiers who are in titanium armor that can only be worn on a fully enhanced super soldier. I must say that I said the same thing to myself when I watched the video. Except the thing was, none of his bones were broken and he got used to his body immediately. Spartans in Halo actually have to get used to their augmented bodies before actually moving. So in a way, I can see how this relates to Halo.

"Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks! We had sticks. Two stick and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 21:46:52

At 8/9/11 09:23 PM, logic wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:10 PM, golem-destroy wrote: So in a way, I can see how this relates to Halo.
Halo didn't invent spartans you moron.

When did I ever said it did asshole? I said that it relates to Halo. Besides, Halo Spartans > Greek Spartans. Come on, don't tell me that I'm not right.

"Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks! We had sticks. Two stick and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 22:10:06

At 8/9/11 09:46 PM, golem-destroy wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:23 PM, logic wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:10 PM, golem-destroy wrote: So in a way, I can see how this relates to Halo.
Halo didn't invent spartans you moron.
When did I ever said it did asshole? I said that it relates to Halo. Besides, Halo Spartans > Greek Spartans. Come on, don't tell me that I'm not right.

Who would win between a game disc and a pile of bones and dust?!?!?!(considering we're talking about ancient Spartans)

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-09 22:12:58

The game disc because what can you do with bones and dust?

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-10 02:22:36

The First Avenger is superior to anything from a lame game like Halo.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-10 10:21:32

At 8/9/11 09:10 PM, golem-destroy wrote:
Well he is right. Spartans are genetically enhanced super soldiers who are in titanium armor that can only be worn on a fully enhanced super soldier. I must say that I said the same thing to myself when I watched the video. Except the thing was, none of his bones were broken and he got used to his body immediately. Spartans in Halo actually have to get used to their augmented bodies before actually moving. So in a way, I can see how this relates to Halo.

Your point is invalid. Captain America was created in the 40's. The first Halo game came out in 2001. What's the rip-off now?

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-11 02:07:01

At 8/10/11 10:21 AM, creepyboy wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:10 PM, golem-destroy wrote:
So in a way, I can see how this relates to Halo.
Your point is invalid. Captain America was created in the 40's. The first Halo game came out in 2001. What's the rip-off now?

Captain America is an original creation. Halo is the rip off.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-11 02:19:46

is it good? some of my mates went to see it a couple of days ago and said it was worsr than shit. ive learnt not to listen to everybodys opinion but what do all of you think of it. is it worthwhile watching at cinima or is that a movie i should just downoad?

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-12 03:19:48

At 8/11/11 02:19 AM, twistex wrote: is it good? some of my mates went to see it a couple of days ago and said it was worsr than shit. ive learnt not to listen to everybodys opinion but what do all of you think of it. is it worthwhile watching at cinima or is that a movie i should just downoad?

Excellent question.

Yes, you see The First Avenger in the theaters. You should also see The Avengers in the theaters.
You should download inferior films like Cowboys vs. Aliens, The Smurfs , and Friends With benefits.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 04:38:55

The First Avenger does make a great film.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 16:12:42

Captain America is still in the theaters this weekend. Be sure to check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 16:38:24

DoctorStrongbad does Marvel pay you to viral market or are you really this obsessed with mediocre superhero movies?

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 16:40:35

At 8/13/11 04:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Captain America is still in the theaters this weekend. Be sure to check it out.

I did, it is really bloody terrible.

___,....--!--..---......,,,,¡_

||___---_¡c»(\)ÌÌÌÌÌÌ||||||==

. /_/-' l____}|------IIIIIIII-77777/

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 21:04:15

At 8/13/11 04:38 PM, Ptero wrote: I am lame and have no life. I fart in my own hat.

This.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-13 23:59:06

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. So much so that my friend and I did a podcast review about it.

I really liked the overall feel of the film as it felt more like a war movie instead of a comic book movie. I also enjoyed the fact that it had a sense of humor along the way but wasn't over done in a cheesey way. It makes me look forward to the Avengers movie.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-14 00:31:14

At 8/13/11 11:59 PM, Outlaw88 wrote:
I really liked the overall feel of the film as it felt more like a war movie instead of a comic book movie. I also enjoyed the fact that it had a sense of humor along the way but wasn't over done in a cheesey way. It makes me look forward to the Avengers movie.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the film. The Avengers movie will be amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-14 00:34:17

Didn't see it. Didn't see Thor either. I'll wait for dvd. I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes today, now that was a good movie. Probably the best in the franchise since the original.

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-14 00:44:10

At 8/13/11 09:04 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/13/11 04:38 PM, Ptero wrote: I am lame and have no life. I fart in my own hat.
This.

Do you always get this angry when people insinuate that you care a little too much about mediocre comic book movies?

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-14 01:44:27

At 8/14/11 12:44 AM, Ptero wrote:
I enjoy posting about nonsense in topics. I am also gay for Justin Bieber.

This.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-15 12:53:46

What did people think about Hydra in the First Avenger?

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-15 17:11:59

At 8/15/11 01:52 PM, Addict wrote: This was an excellent film imo.

I'm thinking about seeing it again, should I see it again?

It is an excellent film.
You should see it again.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-15 17:23:38

At 8/15/11 12:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What did people think about Hydra in the First Avenger?

I liked how they were portrayed in the film. Those tech armors are pretty cool, the original green suits from the comic books and the animated series wouldn't work in the movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-16 01:00:46

At 8/15/11 05:23 PM, creepyboy wrote:
At 8/15/11 12:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What did people think about Hydra in the First Avenger?
I liked how they were portrayed in the film. Those tech armors are pretty cool, the original green suits from the comic books and the animated series wouldn't work in the movie.

I liked Hydra as well. Was curious if anybody had a problem with them?

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-16 20:59:54

The First Avenger is showing people how its done.

BBS Signature

Response to Captain America the First Avenger 2011-08-16 21:01:12

So did we come to the conclusion that Captain America > All other Marvel super heroes?