00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

alexwood319 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing

672 Views | 8 Replies

Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 00:19:28

I know this incident happened a couple of days ago, but I thought it needed to be talked about a little.

Ed Schultz, a left-wing radio talk show host and MSNBC commentator, was suspended by MSNBC without pay for one week after he called conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" and a "talk slut." He later issued an apology on his television show.

Here is audio of his controversial remarks.

Discuss. What do you think of Schultz's comments? Do you think his punishment is too harsh or too lenient? Do you think there is a double standard in the media regarding female conservatives and Republicans? Why or why not?

My profile page!

"Newgrounds teaches girls about the very kind of guys that they should be avoiding."

- Gagsy

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 00:29:18

MSNBC has a track record of blowing shit like this way out of proportion. MSNBC acts like they are playing in a high respectable field. MY ASS. They are pundits, and the world of punditry is dirty, slanderous, hypocritical, and just plain shitty. All MSNBC does by punishing these acts is highlight them and confess that they believe they are wrong. All the while the conservative stations actively ignore their pundits' transgressions and they look better for it.

MSNBC just doesn't know the rules and is failing horrifically because of it.

Oh and the double standard for conservative talk females? Nope. The only double standard is that they can launch bombs like no one's business, but once anyone goes after them it's like the pope was slapped with a burning flag.

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 03:30:40

its funny, left-wing feminists in australia have lately been losing their shit at women being called sluts

BBS Signature

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 05:15:53

damn, schultz, say it ain't so

i used to listen to him a lot on his radio show (lost track when he hit msnbc) and it's pretty disappointing to see him falter like that. even coming from a very heated moment i wouldn't expect him to say something like that.

i doubt his punishment will be as bad as what happened to imus or dr laura but this moment will probably hurt his image for quite a while

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 08:56:51

This is relatively lenient compared to what has happened to other commentators.

Of course pundits are not a respectable bunch, but they like to pretend that they are, so they need to have the trappings of a respectable field, like not calling each other sluts.

Dead.

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 10:15:26

At 5/27/11 03:30 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: its funny, left-wing feminists in australia have lately been losing their shit at women being called sluts

Please say they have done so in the comical Australian accent (as opposed to the brooding Russel Crowe or the retarded, beaten with a hammer, Nicole Kidman sort)

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 13:21:29

That's partisan news commentary for you, both sides are at each others throats, Hell you watch Fox News and they do a segment where they have two people debate, they don't go more than 30 seconds before it's all "RABBLERABBLERABBLE"

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 14:06:09

They're all very good at pretending to represent diametrically opposed camps.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Schultz's "Slut" Sentencing 2011-05-27 15:21:36

Laura Ingraham is a slut though.

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature