00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Art

888 Views | 6 Replies

Street Art 2011-03-26 06:16:31

Hate Graffiti but love street art.

Can't actually draw myself but would love to get a personal logo of some sort to stick all over town.

Just wondered if anybody else has the same thought.

If so what would your street art character or 'tag' look like?

There is a fine line between hobby and obsession.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Art 2011-03-26 08:32:48

At 3/26/11 06:16 AM, monkeybars wrote: Can't actually draw myself
personal logo
Hate Graffiti
logo ... to stick all over town.

Good grief.
Here's the Graffiti thread; let's read about people that have tagged stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Art 2011-03-26 12:05:28

I dont understand....

you hate graffitti but you want to make it?
or get someone to do it for you?

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Street Art 2011-03-26 14:18:07

All of the posts have mistakes in the meaning street art and graffiti.

Because Graffiti is old thing, but street art is something very new, wich is made in this century.
Graffiti art is constantly chaning, new methods, posters, stickers, many new ideas not just gang war.
So many things changes, like taggs, they are not so actual in the street art, because there is no need to really show your name or nickname, ofcourse you can still do it. But the point is that you make street art, wich can be something or everything, but it should be everything for you. You do it to make some message, or just do for fun, to color our streets and our life. STREET ART- FREE ART.

WHY HATE GRAFFITI ?

I am doing street art and my friends mostly are graffiti artists , so I sometimes argue with them about street art and graffiti. I say that there is no need for taggs, some kind of a fucking fights and tagging hoods, districts, like it is yours, that is fucking bullshit, nothing is ours. I say that there is really no need for any art skills to draw a taggs. And most of the time, the best artists, graffiti artists begin with taggs, than they make some trovaps, other bigger graffiti, and later when they are good at it, mostly they start making characters, icons, graphic designs, images, whatever, but they change their thinking. And that is why many street artist hate graffiti artists and graffiti artists hate street artists(Mostly graffiti artists don`t like street artists, because they cannot take it that they are so good and they are not so illegal) Also street artists can be legal, so it also can be a reason for a hate.

But common, In my opinion, there is no need for hate, we all are like some kind of a night walkers, who color the streets when it is dark outside. ( DAY IS OK TOO)

I think so it is good that you made another topic for street art, but it sounds stupid that you said us to hate graffiti.

Also here is on of my chars...

Street Art

Response to Street Art 2011-03-26 14:45:29

At 3/26/11 06:16 AM, monkeybars wrote: Hate Graffiti but love street art.
Can't actually draw myself but would love to get a personal logo of some sort to stick all over town.

You are making me sad.

Get off your high horse and buy a can and go paint up a wall. The only difference between street artists and graffiti writers are how much they think of themselves.

Response to Street Art 2011-03-27 04:35:51

Mmm, no not really, there is a diference between street art and graffiti, but also you can easily make them both look the same.

Response to Street Art 2011-03-27 04:43:39

Gah, should have locked this earlier. I didn't expect people to reply.

Anyway, Graffiti (or Street Art, whatever) Thread. Check it out, I'm sure they've already discussed the differences between street artists and taggers already.

BBS Signature