00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

The7thConqueror just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bamboo 2011-03-23 05:24:20

I'm not sure how mouse-friendly the CS5 is with it's drawings, so I went down to the University Book Store too look for some tablets. I found 2, both Bamboo's; one is a pen, the other is a pen & touch. The Pen comes with MS Painting, the Pen and Touch comes with Photoshop. What is the difference between the software?

Response to Bamboo 2011-03-23 07:47:29

At 3/23/11 07:27 AM, TompanX wrote: Go shoot your self MS paint is free and photoshop COST A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY!!fucktard

Go back to the general forum.

As for your question, the bamboo pen and touch allows the input of both the pen and your hand gestures (obviously). I personally chose the bamboo pen because I rest my hand right beside my pencil when i write/draw and I didn't know if the pen and touch would go crazy if I had my hand resting on it while attempting to draw. As for the programs, my Bamboo pen came with Corel Painter Essentials 4 (probably what comes with the one you saw). If you really want to use photoshop, your university may have a deal with Adobe, like mine does, that allows me to download the full CS5 line of products for free. The only stipulation is that I have to delete all of the programs once I graduate, or pay a fee to keep it registered to me. If you can't get a deal like that, you can always get an older version of photoshop for really cheap, think CS3 or earlier.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo 2011-03-23 08:33:59

At 3/23/11 07:47 AM, SoConfused wrote:
At 3/23/11 07:27 AM, TompanX wrote: Go shoot your self MS paint is free and photoshop COST A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY!!fucktard
Go back to the general forum.

As for your question, the bamboo pen and touch allows the input of both the pen and your hand gestures (obviously). I personally chose the bamboo pen because I rest my hand right beside my pencil when i write/draw and I didn't know if the pen and touch would go crazy if I had my hand resting on it while attempting to draw. As for the programs, my Bamboo pen came with Corel Painter Essentials 4 (probably what comes with the one you saw). If you really want to use photoshop, your university may have a deal with Adobe, like mine does, that allows me to download the full CS5 line of products for free. The only stipulation is that I have to delete all of the programs once I graduate, or pay a fee to keep it registered to me. If you can't get a deal like that, you can always get an older version of photoshop for really cheap, think CS3 or earlier.

They do have deals, even discounts for the software, they even have the CS5 software. But it's only available for purchase for the university students, they ask for your Student ID. But even the Photoshop CS3 is still a good $700.

Response to Bamboo 2011-03-23 09:03:26

Looking at the two, I'd probably go for the pen and touch. But for a better answer, you should get the opnion of somebody who owns either one.

I'm not really bothered about the Touch function, since you're going to be drawing with the pen, not your fingers. I understand what SoConfused said about resting your hand on top of the tablet, but I would have thought they took that into accound in the design. I don't think many people do not rest their hand on the tablet, espcially when you're working on something that's A5 size.

There are 2 key things I noticed from the tehcnical stuff:
- 2540 resolution for P&T, 1270 res for P.
- 1024 pressure levels for P&T, 512 for P.

$30 for double resoultion and pressure levels is not bad. Plus you get the Touch function, so you won't be going "What if ..." after you purchase it.

It also has Photoshop, but I'm not going to say its better than Corel Painter since I've never used it, plus some people favour Painter over PS if they like working with traditional methods.

In any case, Photoshop Elements 9 costs $69 for students. The only difference it has (for me) is that it doesn't allow Custom Brushes - but the provided brushes in Element are enough.

BBS Signature