00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bitey of Brackenwood Interview!

7,654 Views | 66 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 19:46:19

its kool...kinda.......not real intresting though.......

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 20:22:05

meh.... nuff said

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 20:56:32

Disney Animator?! This means Newgrounds is known very well and because of this, the site shall remain forever. This is my holyland, ALL PRAY AND HAIL NEWGROUNDS!!!

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 21:04:25

Wow...Bitey of Brackenwood was pretty cool, and those were some interesting questions! Well...yeah...

~CV

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 22:26:03

At 4/19/04 10:03 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: One of the best flashes ever.

I would have to agree. I loved that flash and I cant get enough of that lil yellow guy.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-19 22:56:25

Nice, newgrounds is expanding!

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 01:24:01

i hated bitey bracken wood

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 05:31:37

Cool Another InteRView Are Thease Going To Come Out SO Fast.

Looks good sofar.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 07:42:19

i didnt think i would be that interested in the magazine, (because im shallow) but the interveiws and things r very interesting!after watching cartoons we all know and love, it is really cool to be able to read interveiws by some of the amazing artists.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 09:06:18

Meh.... call me selfish, or jealous I don't care..

But I think it sucks serious ass. that some 40 year old with over ten years of Disney under his belt.. is gonna come here and steal the show... I've always felt newgrounds was a place for asipering amtuers , who are trying to make a name for themselves.. with new and unique styles not accepted by disney. we are all broke and do this for the love and attention more than anything else.. Sure there's a few dollars that pass through hands.. but not enough worth mentioning.. this man as made his loot, why not give that other person a chance to shine....
alot of Animators are gonna come here from Disney... the one place they shrugged off, and FanCrap will be their last beakon of hope, to pay thier mortages and mistresses...

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 09:22:46

At 4/20/04 09:06 AM, MindChamber wrote: Meh.... call me selfish, or jealous I don't care..

But I think it sucks serious ass. that some 40 year old with over ten years of Disney under his belt..

Well you're starting to have some experience as well aren't you? I mean people like you and Synj might not have worked at Disney for 10 years, but damn you know your Flash and you have mad skills.
So I mean..... why would you rule someone out just because they've actually worked for some companie? Should we forbig Synj from making Flash after he's done with Alien Hominid?

And there's always people like Knox, Lf, Matzerath and Illwill, who, will not having excessive talent of experience, manage to do their own thing and come out on top anyways.

But I see your point. I don't know if a day will come when NG will be flooded with professionnal level work ( by actual pros) and when action will have to be taken... but I'm guessing....
no...
And I don't know if you can really make money that easily off NG anyways O.o Only person I've heard off who made real money from NG is Illwill, and since we don't have any details, that could be much less than we think.

Ng is still for fun : )

BBS Signature

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 10:52:20

that's an interesting way to look at it. now try this angle and tell me what you think:

witnessing someone at the top who is experienced, knows their crap, and has made 100% original material all the way down to the music. you can sit down and actually enjoy it. they are not profitting off of their submission.

or

witnessing someone at the top who is not experienced, does not know their crap, and has made 20% original material based off of current popular movies or games (which is its driving force) that you do not enjoy, complete with ripped music. they are also profitting off of merchandise and donations.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 11:53:01

someone at the top who is experienced, knows their crap, and has made 100% original material all the way down to the music. you can sit down and actually enjoy it. they are not profitting off of their submission.

Obvisouly that one.

I too, would rather see amazingly talented people making flash from their houses and getting recognized in NG for their work rather than professionals. I think a few professionals are like to come in here and there is nothing we can do about that. But, Unique and creative people that aren't recognized in the professinal field being recognized here is really good I think.

Any share my opinion?

BBS Signature

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 13:35:59

At 4/20/04 10:52 AM, DanPaladin wrote: that's an interesting way to look at it. now try this angle and tell me what you think:

witnessing someone at the top who is experienced, knows their crap, and has made 100% original material all the way down to the music. you can sit down and actually enjoy it. they are not profitting off of their submission.

or

witnessing someone at the top who is not experienced, does not know their crap, and has made 20% original material based off of current popular movies or games (which is its driving force) that you do not enjoy, complete with ripped music. they are also profitting off of merchandise and donations.

well thats a matter of resources.. I'm sure people who can would..
not everyone has a buddy that can make music for them...
and , reality check,... nothing is original... (sam and Max, buddy) tho some people may believe that is so. Art is alway derived off of something..
and the spoof, parodys, and jokes, are just that.. its part of NG. and thats my point.. and just like some people with their harsh , and meaningless reviews.. having pros com across blazing through, may squander some inspiring animator.

of course your not threatened, you have Ng by the balls, and 3 square meals a day..haha

But, I have no problem Bitey or the animator. I think hes amazing, and his story telling skills are above par.. I just don't like the idea of Pro, who already haves it.. to tread into territory where people are trying to find themselves.. thats all.. its a statement and it wont change anything...
just how I feel..

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 15:28:17

I thought it looked disney....ish
Thanks for all the posts about the NG mag, I'm not one to explore the site. It took me a month to find the BBS :P

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 15:32:18

uh... yeah... whatever you say. nothing ever being original is something i don't think i'll ever agree with you on.

mario/matrix parodies vs. bitey of brackenwood based on originality alone are completely different stories. we're talking mainstream multi-billion characters here vs. something nobody's ever heard of that the author actually has legal rights to. he built it from the ground up. that's as original as it gets..

but, what i'd say the real thing that i think matters is if it's an individual or a company. miniclip.com and other paid multi-author sites that come and submit here are the only thing i see as having a weird skew on it.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 16:28:11

hey dan!

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 17:36:13

lets just put it this way.. to claim the one does not get inspired from anothers work is pure arrogance.. and is a huge disrespect, on all the great animators and artist before you..
if you wanna live that lie bro... fine by all means do

This convo wont matter much longer..
once the influx of disney animators take over.

lets see the almighty "Synj" hold up then....

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 17:51:50

At 4/20/04 05:36 PM, MindChamber wrote: lets just put it this way.. to claim the one does not get inspired from anothers work is pure arrogance.. and is a huge disrespect, on all the great animators and artist before you..

you have issues. i wasn't even talking about this.

i was talking about this: "But I think it sucks serious ass. that some 40 year old with over ten years of Disney under his belt.. is gonna come here and steal the show... "

which you then immediately contradicted yourself about about and started insulting me out of the blue again.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 17:58:12

At 4/20/04 05:51 PM, DanPaladin wrote:
At 4/20/04 05:36 PM, MindChamber wrote: lets just put it this way.. to claim the one does not get inspired from anothers work is pure arrogance.. and is a huge disrespect, on all the great animators and artist before you..

i was talking about this: "But I think it sucks serious ass. that some 40 year old with over ten years of Disney under his belt.. is gonna come here and steal the show... "

which you then immediately contradicted yourself about about and started insulting me out of the blue again.

oops :) my bad:)
didn't mean to insult you.. and acutally I dont see where I contradicted myself... but whatever turns you on :P
please don't call your producer :*( i'll be good

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 18:07:19

A talented man. I hope to see more from Bitey and more tales from Brackenwood forest.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 18:16:19

At 4/20/04 05:58 PM, MindChamber wrote:

didn't mean to insult you.. and acutally I dont see where I contradicted myself... but whatever turns you on :P

k logic 101

you clearly had a problem with adam since it's pasted in a thread about adam - you started your first post in here stating yourself jealous and selfish. then you say you have no problem with him or his work and continue beyond the debate by trying to insult me. you also seem think mario+matrix spoofs are as original as bitey of brackenwood.

i should have just done as you asked and called you selfish right off the bat. Would have saved us both some time I guess.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 18:42:23

At 4/20/04 06:16 PM, DanPaladin wrote:
At 4/20/04 05:58 PM, MindChamber wrote:

k logic 101

you clearly had a problem with adam since it's pasted in a thread about adam - you started your first post in here stating yourself jealous and selfish. then you say you have no problem with him or his work and continue beyond the debate by trying to insult me. you also seem think mario+matrix spoofs are as original as bitey of brackenwood.

i should have just done as you asked and called you selfish right off the bat. Would have saved us both some time I guess.

haha dude.. I dont wanna fight... take off your specks.. your reading too hard..

I dont have a problem with adam (whoa first name basis!! w00t) or his work..
and its obvious he has the right to post her as anyone esle does...
all I'm saying is.. they is a starting ground for new talent trying to get their footing.. it kinda sucks to get squashed before you start.... I don't know about you.. but I would have hated to be one of the film students in the class with Steven Spielburg, handed in "shindlers list" as his final project... it deflates alot of hope...
Listen.. this won't deter me.. I will strive to move on and get better..
I was simply voicing me opinion...

good luck to adam.,

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 20:16:12

bitey of Bracken wood is i think an awsome flash, and Adam Phillips has some serious talent, He also has a pretty cool web site with some other cool flash animations like the hitchhicker id check it out its pretty good to.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 23:02:11

You guys should work on asking more personlized questions. Like, still ask the normal ones, but with, like a twist.

Like...."as a child..growing up in <insert place> yada yada."

Mighty-potatoe: People gave me the impression that it would have to related to NG. So no random funny papers... (dammit).

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-20 23:31:49

Right now I'm eating peanut M&Ms and drinking Dr. Pepper. They don't really go too well together, though.

Take care everyone,

-Stamper

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-21 00:12:38

never knew he was disney but i kinda thought it kinda looked like disney or whatever but it was good and animated very well

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-21 06:24:38

Why are you guys afraid Disney is gonna come in and take over? That he shouldn't be allowed first place because he's successful already? Sure he worked for Disney for a long time, but he was doing effects for sequels. That's much different than making your own original story. So, of course he's a successful animator, but in a way he's just as new to telling a story in flash as a lot of the better artists on newgrounds. Submitting flash here is a great way to get people to know about his website. I probably would have never known of it if not for newgrounds. And as for him taking over... He's only submitted four things, of the ten that are on his site. I'd worry about too much bad flash taking over the site before worrying about good animators trying to get the word out about their new original series.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-21 20:32:57

Disney blows more cock than Ron.

Response to Bitey of Brackenwood Interview! 2004-04-21 23:28:11

At 4/19/04 10:03 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: One of the best flashes ever.

i agree keep em coming