00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calling all Colorists!

730 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Calling all Colorists! 2011-02-08 22:47:43

I am in dire need of a colorist. I'm tired of trying to color my lineart with mediocre results. If anybody is interested in this collaborative effort, I think the art would fare much better.

I'm hoping for the possibility of selling the finished art (i.e. prints and posters etc.)
No deadlines, total creative freedom with it. I'm just sick of my art looking like hurried vector clipart.

Response to Calling all Colorists! 2011-02-08 23:08:00

Why prevent yourself from enjoying the best part about CG work!?

I've had a look at your work and the quality of your drawings and lineart is very good! I strongly suggest you take the time to explore the fun you can have coloring instead of shipping the work to someone else :D Try different brushes, textures, layer modes... It'll be worth it and you'll learn a lot!

I used to hate coloring and would only do the lineart... I guess looking at my stuff now it's pretty much the other way around >_<

Response to Calling all Colorists! 2011-02-08 23:47:54

At 2/8/11 11:08 PM, Vonschlippe wrote: Why prevent yourself from enjoying the best part about CG work!?

I've had a look at your work and the quality of your drawings and lineart is very good! I strongly suggest you take the time to explore the fun you can have coloring instead of shipping the work to someone else :D Try different brushes, textures, layer modes... It'll be worth it and you'll learn a lot!

I used to hate coloring and would only do the lineart... I guess looking at my stuff now it's pretty much the other way around >_<

I could... but I was really hoping to spend more of my time working on my drawing skills. I lost the stylus to my tablet, so I put it away. Then I bought a stylus recently, now I can find my tablet... its really a pain in the ass to do all my coloring with a mouse.

Response to Calling all Colorists! 2011-02-08 23:49:14

... by can I mean can't. Find it that is.

Response to Calling all Colorists! 2011-02-09 02:43:56

I agree with Vonschlippe, but if you really don't feel like colouring, I suggest putting your work up for colouring over at the art collaboration thread.

BBS Signature