00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips for finishing thouches to logo

696 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey. Recently me and a buddy created a logo for school, but I´m not 100% satisified with it so I thought that maybe you guys got some tips

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 08:41:06

Sorry the previous image was a little smal

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 08:58:49

Seems rather bland. Maybe add a border to the yellow?

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 09:23:18

I really suck at typography, so the only thing I can say is that you have to change the font, but I don't know what you should change it to. Maybe something a little more sturdy and thick.
A border around the yellow could do something, yeah. To make it a little more dynamic you could try to make the words and year bigger so they go over the corners of the yellow star, maybe but them in some kind of banner?

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 13:06:44

Without saying make a new one, here's my advice.

Give it a border, especially for the yellow area, because right now, on a white surface it will look like pee in the snow.

Try adding a radial gradiant to the yellow area, originating from just below the green shield. Don't overdo this.

Try adding some inner-shadow to make it look like it had depth instead of looking so flat.

New font, because this font makes it look like a cheap American municipality logo that some overpaid file clerk put together on her lunch-break. Without really putting much thought into it I'd say use a bolder/thicker font, but just play around and see what works. Just avoid all cliche fonts like Bazooka, ComicSans, Papyrus, and all those, and don't use any script or cursive looking fonts. A nice straight line font, a bit thicker, and maybe all-caps. Just find something better than what you have.

Otherwise, it's not the best but it's a decent little logo. Don't worry about making it ultra-simple or resizable like the Nike logo, we don't need to be perfectionists all the time. Just do what you can to make this more professional and eye-catching and then move on and maybe try a new one. This way you have a completed product to sell while working on different options.

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 13:37:24

Here's a rough idea of what I mean. I would personally suggest redoing this in Illustrator. I only had the image you posted to work from so things like the dancing people are a bit pixelated from the transition.

Nonetheless, this pretty much goes with everything I listed above. It's not such a good logo as it might be a good image for a flyer or T-shirt or something.

Cheers

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 16:53:12

Besides what the other people have said, the one thing that bothers me is that the guy on the right's foot touches the border but the guy on the left's doesn't. I think you should make it so their feet don't touch the edge like that. It's weird. And it bothers my ocd. But also it just doesn't look as good.

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-07 16:56:30

At 2/7/11 04:53 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Besides what the other people have said, the one thing that bothers me is that the guy on the right's foot touches the border but the guy on the left's doesn't. I think you should make it so their feet don't touch the edge like that. It's weird. And it bothers my ocd. But also it just doesn't look as good.

As a normal person, i'll let OP know that this doesn't bother me at all. New version looks much better.

BBS Signature

Response to Tips for finishing thouches to logo 2011-02-08 11:24:28

At 2/7/11 04:56 PM, Genocide wrote: As a normal person, i'll let OP know that this doesn't bother me at all. New version looks much better.

Thanks, but I'm not the OP.