00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BroatsShorts just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ramblings Through The Day

487 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Ramblings Through The Day 2011-02-06 01:47:26

So basically me and my friend a couple weeks ago began a a project called "The Ramblings Through The Day Of A Schizophrenic"

Basically this is going to be a musical album with spoken word. I began writing this 2 or 3 weeks ago kind of forgot about it. Thinking about working on it some more but I want to get some feedback first.

The album is about a insane man and his day from the time he wakes to the time he goes to sleep. I have been writing each track as if it were a time frame with time missing in between the tracks for when he isn't speaking. I have only written 2 tracks and planned out the first. If I end up finishing it the type of music behind the spoken word will be ambient and noise and I have some friends I could work on it with.

Here is what I have so far:

The Ramblings Through The Day Of A Schizophrenic
1. Untitled
Ambient
Tempo quickens song builds up through the mans nightmare until he wakes up.

2. 6:05AM-7:38AM Morning Routine (Ver. 1)

(the sound of footsteps and a squeak of a floor board. The sound of a sink turning on and running water. Then the sound of an electric drill)

2. 6:05AM-7:38AM Morning Routine (Ver. 2) (USE)
What is this? Where were you? Oh. Your pages are dry. dusty. (the sound of blowing air [possibly from a machine decompression of some sort?]) How long has it been. One? Two? Who knows... but I saw him again last night. Flowing hair. the dress. Always the dress. The rags. He never looks at me though.. always over my head. It sometimes makes me feel small but I never was one to enjoy being in the spotlight. I can still feel it even when its over. The warm hands taking me to the place. Every time I see it i want to tell the world but i'm afraid if i tell anybody it will go away. But you never can tell when he will come back.

(the sound of footsteps and a squeak of a floor board. The sound of a sink turning on and running water. Then the sound of an electric drill)

3. 7:38AM-9:02AM Breakfast with the Captain
Good morning Captain! I see you wore your finest sailors suit today! Wow.. always prepared for the sea. The war has been fought my friend but you will always be the captain to me.. Who are you trying to impress anyway? The whores in the alley? You want no part of that life. So just stop while you are ahead and let me fix you something to eat. Sausage gravy... taters... bacon... nails... motor oil... Say steve while i'm fixing something why don't you tell me one of your nautical stories from when you were in the service? You know the children love it when you talk about the good old days. Back when having a beard meant something. The rugged look. The salt in your hair! Ah.. I can feel it now! The sound of the docks creaking in the tide. The water hitting the rocks. (the sound of the ocean and seagulls). Say Steve you haven't said a peep since..(sound of of a pan hitting the floor and the ocean sounds come to a screeching halt) DAMN IT STEVE... DAMN IT.

SLOPPY MINCING EYEDROPPING BIOPSY

BBS Signature