00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kanars61 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book?

726 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm looking for a good Photoshop Manual type book. I'm not new to PS, but I want to fill in the blanks and make my knowledge of the software more thorough.

Can anyone recommend a good book along these lines?

Gracias

LoE

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-05 14:15:44

you can probably find some books at your public library. I remember seeing a bunch at my towns library, but was never really interested in them. If I need anything specific, someone has a youtube video of it.

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-05 14:25:09

I would say that most books are turned exactly towards beginners and therefore might not suit your needs. You can find some advanced tutorials on deviantart that might suit your need (such as this one), or you can find some extremely detailed ressources in magazines (such as "Advanced Photoshop Magazine", some of which is so far beyond my stuff I can't even follow...)

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-05 14:35:24

Thanks, I'll check those out.

I'm mostly looking to expand my comprehension of Channels, Blending Modes, Output/Export options, and some other areas of no easy categorization.

Thanks again

LoE

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-05 18:15:08

I work with PS on a lot of my artwork projects.

What I did was to bring in to multiple files elemental textures for my material and then use "clone" tool to alter it. I personally like the burn and smudge tool, but other guys do not like it.

Keep in mind that most PS work has to have least 85% of the original image altered to really make it legit your work.

When it comes to characters, I draw it by sight just so that I do not get accused of ripping off the original artists work.

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-05 18:23:03

Well, I'm not very familiar with photoshop myself, as I don't use it.
But I've looked at Suzuran's lineart and color tutorials and they have everything from the basics to what are some more advanced techniques. Maybe that will help? :)

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-06 08:34:27

At 2/5/11 02:25 PM, Vonschlippe wrote: or you can find some extremely detailed ressources in magazines (such as "Advanced Photoshop Magazine", some of which is so far beyond my stuff I can't even follow...)

I'd like to vouch for Advanced Photoshop Magazine as a good source for the techy side of Photoshop. I don't buy it regularly, but each issue does contain some useful tutorials.

If you're willing to shell out the cash, I've read parts of Adobe's Classroom in a Book for a past version on PS, and they're clear and to the point.

Also, don't forget to check out the books at your local library, since after a while you won't be referring to the books very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop for Non-Begginers: Book? 2011-02-06 09:01:50

I always found DesignYourWay's tutorials very handy. I've learn a lot from there.

It's a good site for tutorials, as well as a great inspirational resource.

BBS Signature