00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jstreb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need help on deciding

564 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

need help on deciding 2011-02-03 22:16:17

So, I'm not a huge writer, but eventually I did want to write something, and I had an idea to make a first person diary, but in a different aspect. I haven't decided on a title yet, but basically it is going to be the diary of someone who believes that they are worthless and non-existent to everyone else, unknown basically; because he believes this, the character would be very down on himself, and his name would never be mentioned until he finally realizes that he actually matters to the world. I thought that this would be an interesting concept, to make the reader find out who this person is, why he is like this, and what he does to overcome (or not overcome) his problems. I was also thinking about putting diary entries from other characters in the story as well to contradict his beliefs of what other people think of him. My thought of doing this is to capture the problems that some of people, including myself, have gone through in life. I understand that I would have to balance out the shitty trials that he faces with success and victory because, last time I checked, nobody likes a reading depressing piece of shit, and i don't know of anyone who is that unlucky. It would be a current account (maybe weekly) of the progression of his life: whats going on in his school life, his home life, girls he are interested in, etc. Obviously, the character struggles with depression and is trying to find something about himself to be happy about, but he is too convinced that no one cares about him or believes in him.

Could I get some feedback on this? Is it not developed enough? too cliche? or just not interesting?

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

"Qui audet, adiscipitur

Response to need help on deciding 2011-02-03 22:20:26

well, its not a bad concept, i dont know how interested id be in it, but its hard to judge if something has potential based on a short concept. but i incourage writing in this society, so write it, if no one likes it, as far as you should be concerned ,they can go fuck themselves.

P.S. i was listening to last resort(papa roach) when i read your story paragragh, seemed fititng for some reason.

No lives matter

BBS Signature