00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

crazyraider312 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Erados - The Order" - short novel

434 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Let me start with a very introduction. I am some-what new to Newgrounds as a whole. It took me some days to gather the courage to actually post something, so here it is.

A Nightmare of Hope

At the young age of seventeen Aira was bestowed with the title of Issiander - the fastest, the strongest and the smartest among all mortal warriors. Even now, despite the fact that she had defeated the great demon lord Argaj, she could not believe that this was all happening. She was taken to the Emperor - he even talked to her as though she was equal to Him! And she attended the most glorious ceremony in the history of the Empire as the guest of honour. The holy mother of the Light Izen enthroned her and declared her as the third Issiander in the history of men. Emperor Lear III gave her his hand so that she could stand next to him in all her glory. Aira was dressed in white steel armour sheathed with gold and silver with the Imperial insignia on her heart. She felt as though her fragile body will be crushed beneath the weight of the steel and she could not help but wonder whether someone noticed the covered in blood bondages that stuck out from her chest piece or her cloven lower lip.

The moment that everybody awaited finally arrived. The Emperor and The holy mother of the Light presented her with the sward for a hand and a half. Nothing was ordinary with this weapon except for its length. The blade was brightly read and with an ease could cut through most of the metal armours'. This was the power that a blade made from blood iron had. Aira had barely touched the weapon the doors of the Temple of Light swung open. A dozen guards, accompanied by Gumbert the Black Hand and Mortimer The Stone, entered the great hall. In the middle of this group stood a figure dressed from head to toe in a worn-out brown robe with its hood hiding the features of its face. With stone faces, they stop in front of the Emperor, who already had been surrounded by his personal guard. Aleksey Grunt the Reaper, Fenril, Arthur Kras The Rune Master and Aira herself waited behind their ruler.

"Light of our light, Holy Mother of the Light please forgive our sin..." Mortimer was the first to break the uneasy silence that had engulfed everyone in the temple. His words were cold and carried a sense of damnation. Izen opened her eyes widely and a terrifying scream came out of here mouth as Mortimer took his double-edged battle-axe in his strong arms. His physic was more than a compensation for his somewhat short height. But why would an honoured warrior even though not from a noble origin, would unsheathe his weapon in a Holy place such as the Great temple? Before someone even came close to realizing the full measure of the event that was taking place the Emperor slump to the ground. His face - calm, his features relaxed, one hand firmly holding the sceptre of power and the other relaxed next to his body, he was dead before he could even realize it. The short sward that was coming out of his heat was more than a proof for that. The life of Lear III had ended; his majestic figure was no more than a shadow of its former-self. The presence of a born leader, driven away from him by the hand of an unknown assassin.

This is only the beginning of a story I started, that hopefully, will be a long a one. I would really like to hear some criticism - not only about my spelling or grammar - that would help me to improve my way of writing or even the story or characters. Oh, and one more thing. I'll be posting the other parts of it as small bites that are easy to read in this same topic.