00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TimeLierG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

a world without sattelites

599 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

a world without sattelites 2011-01-30 04:50:41

this is an idea i had for a story, where earth is prohibited from having anything to do with space. im jusst curious and what the reppercusions would be and how people would make up for them. i know the obvious thing would be no cellphone(And internet?)
How would you solve the cellphone problem though? could you fix it by putting up more towers? these are th kind of things i would like to know. please comment with ideas to help me out.

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-30 20:38:37

Repercussions:

not knowing when an asteroid hits,
not having internet.

So, basically, it'd be like it was in the 1950s.

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-31 07:21:28

we can still have hi tech stuff thou rite? we would have like no communications, so we would end up with some big cities but at the same time maybe places ehrtr they stil live like thier from the godarn 18yj century. that sounds possible right?

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-31 14:11:39

You're going to need a believable reason for the space-ban. Also if you don't know what the hell is happening in your setting, then pick a different setting

no roman, i don't want to go bowling

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-31 17:34:40

i have a reason but its not important to share lol im just trying to bulild the world around it, im kust developing the setting, i wont be using it rite away but it will be used for a future idea im still asking to know more lol. im going to do my own research on it.

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-31 19:12:01

All you ever seem to do around here is ask us for our input. It's your damn story, not ours.
Don't get us to write it for you.
You also spelled satellites incorrectly in the title.

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-01-31 23:10:24

At 1/31/11 07:21 AM, NapalmDTH wrote: we can still have hi tech stuff thou rite? we would have like no communications, so we would end up with some big cities but at the same time maybe places ehrtr they stil live like thier from the godarn 18yj century. that sounds possible right?

Yea, seeing as we still have places where satellites don't orbit, and they live like it's the 1st century bc.

We actually had pretty high tech stuff way back in the day. Look up all the war technology the nazis developed. Shit was incredibly advanced for it's time.

Response to a world without sattelites 2011-02-01 00:00:33

At 1/31/11 07:21 AM, NapalmDTH wrote: we can still have hi tech stuff thou rite? we would have like no communications, so we would end up with some big cities but at the same time maybe places ehrtr they stil live like thier from the godarn 18yj century. that sounds possible right?

By the way, if you're going to write this and try to get it published or something. EDIT/REVISE THE HELL OUT OF IT.
That quote above is overflowing with errors and if the entire story is like that, then no one will read it no matter how good the rest of it is.

no roman, i don't want to go bowling