00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AktheDude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I want your opinion. >:D

1,280 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 22:09:48

why hello there. if I might ask, what do you think of my art? i decided just to have fun and make my own dragon ball z character, cause i felt there weren't a lot of boobed saiyens, and it would be nice to see some other than the very few they have on there. ahahahaha >xD just want to get an idea of what i should fix my art.(other than my coloring cause i know that's a load of crap)

Everyone should believe in something, Just like I believe I'll have another beer. dfggh

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 22:12:56

Also it would be awsome if you would comment other drawings that I have. I would love feedback on stuff. except coloring, as i said, i know that part is crappy. lol >:D

Everyone should believe in something, Just like I believe I'll have another beer. dfggh

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 22:28:27

Square tit... the head it also out of proportion.

Other than that, I like it.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 22:30:37

It looks more like you made goku female, than made an original character.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 22:57:57

If you want some feedback on your other stuff you can post that stuff in here too so we don't have to go looking for it ;)
Your coloring isn't that bad, just needs some practice.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 23:07:45

That's a pretty boxy chin, I think, for an anime-styled drawing. With respects to the anime canon you should probably narrow it some.

You have the head/face detail and design nailed.. but it doesn't match up with the rest of the body. Like two separately skilled artists collaborated on a single paper. With the hand that close the head it's a remarkable juxtaposition..

And probably just to keep things interesting I suggest you drop her right shoulder just a bit, feels tense.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-20 23:28:17

It's good and all, but the breast is small.
Make it bigger.

Now.

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 01:18:04

At 1/20/11 11:28 PM, Asalraalaikum wrote: It's good and all, but the breast is small.
Make it bigger.
Now.

I don't know how that would work wouldn't that make her wardrobe have a malfunction if they were bigger than they already are?

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 10:40:31

The face is kinda manish, it took me a second to figure out it was a chick. (the tits gave it away) Also, the left hand looks beefy & all-around wonky.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 10:46:14

I don't like/watch dragonball z. At all. That aside. This picture, and your other art, have a lot of strengths and weaknesses in my opinion. Overall your work, not as a whole but actually each individual image have inconsistencies. Almost like parts are heavily reffed and other parts aren't. Which isn't criminal, we all do that. But it is showing, or something is off anyway.

I can definitely see a strong core in your art, I think in time you'll be very formidable and I want to encourage you to draw every day. In time as your understanding gets better, you'll be a great artist. Keep it up, good work.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 15:53:31

At 1/20/11 10:09 PM, miteeka wrote: why hello there. if I might ask, what do you think of my art?

As someone said already looks more like goku female hehe, the long hair is probably the reason, along with an almost model like pose.

Its decent though, keep up the decent art works.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 21:40:32

YOU'RE BETTER AT SOME THINGS BUT NOT SO GOOD AT OTHERS AND SOMETIMES YOU USE REFERENCES BUT THAT'S OKAY KEEP DRAWING SOMEDAY YOU'LL BE GOOD

/BEING HELPFUL FTW

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-21 22:06:06

make the jawline less squareish, the torso is also too short, give her bigger hips, and make the boobs the same size, other than that good drawing

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 07:03:04

At 1/21/11 09:40 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: YOU'RE BETTER AT SOME THINGS BUT NOT SO GOOD AT OTHERS AND SOMETIMES YOU USE REFERENCES BUT THAT'S OKAY KEEP DRAWING SOMEDAY YOU'LL BE GOOD

BRAVO!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 07:27:00

There is hope for you yet! Generally speaking this is very good - for sure a whole mile better than half the unscouted stuff I see on here. You've got most of the face, hair, muscle, and especially the clothes down and averse to some of the previous comments I actually like the androgynous look and that she doesn't have the typical bone structure of an anime character; you're still developing your style so that's not what needs to be addressed here.

Before any of that you need to get your proportions down ask yourself would anyone standing like that have their shoulders so rigid? I doubt it. Look at the hands, then position your hands the way you're drawing hers and see what doesn't correspond, for example the right thumb is too big for the hand, and the left hand wouldn't rest like that on her hip. You must get that accuracy down before you stylise it otherwise it will always look off.

The other thing is her legs, the way you have her hip popped would suggest she's transferring her weight to that side, which means her legs are way too far left for her to have any balance. Hips down the legs need to line up with the rest of the body. This will also give her a female structured curve and make it more obvious she's a girl, just bang on big tits and hey presto it's female is something that gets on my tits as I see it so often and it's just a ridiculous notion. I think you missed that because you're referencing a male and when people reference they forget what needs to be changed in order to a) make it yours and b) make it work. It took me a while to learn that but it definitely helps.

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 09:49:38

At 1/21/11 10:06 PM, dontpanic01 wrote: make the jawline less squareish, the torso is also too short, give her bigger hips, and make the boobs the same size, other than that good drawing

Why is almost everyone else suggesting bigger hips and the boobs of the same size? I personally don't see any problem with it.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 12:47:46

At 1/22/11 09:49 AM, argile wrote: Why is almost everyone else suggesting bigger hips and the boobs of the same size? I personally don't see any problem with it.

(Talking generally here btw) It's a disproportional and unrealistic ratio for a woman's figure. I wouldn't say they have to be the same size, just more even. Smaller or bigger, whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying that boobs that big on hips that small would make her fall over; if you want to improve then don't skip steps - understanding proportions to a high skill level is crucial (I can't advise Life Classes more) before going ultra stylised in order to produce better work. I'm sick of always seeing mediocre exaggerated idealised figures. It's silly and you're never going to reach full potential.

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 12:59:18

She kind of looks like a guy with tits. One area in particular that needs to be fixed is the jaw; it is way to masculine.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-01-22 16:19:25

The forearm with the hand pointing to the face is perhaps too long.
And maybe her feet are too big for a woman.

---

Razraal

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-02-02 18:52:41

At 1/20/11 10:28 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Square tit... the head it also out of proportion.

Other than that, I like it.

what u talkin bout square tit is the new thing ahahaha jk

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-02-02 18:55:24

ahahaha you think those are small? i usually make the boobs huge ahahahaha>.<

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-02-02 20:37:43

well with anime people they give them even bigger boobs than i did with small hips. its all in what u like. but i enjoyed the feedback from both of u. thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-02-02 23:23:27

Keep in mind that women have hour glass CURVES and that men are more square shape.

You can find helpful "youtube" videos on drawing women's form, websites, and in also anatomy books.

Study up, practice, and let's see what you do from there.

Response to I want your opinion. >:D 2011-02-04 23:57:40

another picture i would like some critiquing on cause im sensing something wrong with this, other than shading. im already quite aware of my shading but let me know of other things.

BBS Signature