00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gangster Chronicals

2,975 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gangster Chronicals 2010-12-10 19:15:14

*READ THE ENTIRE OP BEFORE POSTING*

This is a series taking place in Brooklyn in the late seventies, but scenes of it can take place in New York City, Queens, Bronx, and other large cities. If you'd like, you can go to Detroit, Chicago, and even Las Vegas, but try to keep it in America. I don't want this turning into a Italian Mafia vs. Russian Mafia vs. Japanese Mafia and so fucking forth. Italian Mafia vs. Police, but on a very subtle scale, not an all out war in the streets. People getting whacked and arrested here and there.

Your character can be a gangster (most likely), a police officer, or the family member of a gangster. The story is told in past tense, but don't forshadow anything that totally gives away the ending of the story. I'll let you guys know when it's coming. When introducing your character, tell us about him, who he works for, yadda yadda yadda, so we know what he or she is like (she is used loosely, as there were no girl gangsters). Also, don't go too crazy with the accents either. You don't have to type "AY, wat you doin' meng?" I think if you type properly with a few grammatical errors here and there, we'll get the hint that they're Italian.

ALWAYS CHECK WITH ANOTHER AUTHOR BEFORE KILLING OR ARRESTING THEIR CHARACTERS.

Don't just fucking kill someone outright, that ruins the whole story for everyone. Plan it and collaborate with the other author via PM to make sure that you both agree with what is happening. I will PM everybody if something big happens, like a major heist, or a number of people getting arrested, and check to make sure that everyone is alright with it. Remember, you are not the sole author of the thread, and no one, not even me, can just fuck around with the story and do whatever they want.

The first few people to post will just describe their characters. THEN once we have a reasonable amount of people (when I say that you can start your stories) then we can start actually writing. Don't start writing your story just now, as you have only yours and my characters to write about. At some point, I will tell you that no more new authors will be able to add to the story. Too many authors all trying to write the same story is just too much to handle.

Other than that, just have fun. And try not to get whacked.

Character: Jimmy
Job: Crime Boss
Details: Made man, respected and feared by many. Often pays off police who have been assigned to arrest him for his many crimes. Doesn't think twice about whacking someone if it means keeping himself out of jail. Loves money, and goes to frightening, violent lengths to get it.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2010-12-10 22:17:16

Name: Harry
Details: Lives in Latino ghetto, didn't have enough money for college, works for a deli. His brother, an alcoholic, owes one thousand bucks to some shady gamblers out in Vegas. He needs it in two monthes. Harry has to use thievery to save his brother's ass, and his criminal career begins.

"Life is like a dice game; one roll can land you in jail or cuttin' cake blowin kisses in the rice rain" - Jay Electronica

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2010-12-12 16:09:34

Name: Charlie Connery
Details: After his brother was killed in a mafia attempted robbery, Charlie uses any chance he gets to whack any mafia member, and makes it look like another Family did it, causing more deaths. But will his revenge strain his marriage with his pregnant wife?

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2010-12-15 15:52:39

Okay we've got some good characters so far. How about a few characters who have been gangsters for a while?

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-01 23:41:22

Does no one want to write in this story? Damn. I thought I had a good thing going here.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-02 05:45:41

Name: Gustov
Details: A illegal arms dealer who is currently making money over the current gang war erupting in his neighbourhood. He wears a white tuxedo whereever he goes. The tattoo of a dragon on the left side of his neck, explaining his past run in with asian gangs.

There it is boo yaaah!?!?! >:D

Gangster Chronicals

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-03 20:07:41

*PLEASE READ THIS FIRST PART BEFORE POSTING*

I have decided to begin the story. I will be using characters that have not been selected by writers yet. HOWEVER, you are free to use the characters that are mentioned in this first chapter that have not been used by any writers yet.

Brooklyn...what a beautiful fucking city. Organized crime bosses like me controlled the whole fucking state, and the cops couldn't do a damn thing about it. I had to watch out for that Charlie Connery, though. Bastard has almost caught me a few times. I felt I had a really good business though. I had this guy, Gustov, who kept me assured with a steady supply of hand guns, and his silencers came cheap as well. He wasn't talkative, though. Very silent, very observant. His stone cold glare almost put me on edge. Almost. The cocaine business was what really kept my wallet fat. I kept thousands coming in each week, and I'd kick a little downstairs to the guys who kept things running.

My second hand man, Pauly, came in to tell me about a new guy named Harry who wanted to get in with us. He owned a Deli, and had a clean record, so the cops wouldn't be looking at him. I came to the Deli one day and met with him in the back. He seemed nervous. Good. It meant I was respected in the neighborhood.

"Harry, how are you?"

"Good, sir. I suppose your friend Pauly told you that I needed your help. My brother owes a few gangsters in Vegas a thousand dollars. He doesn't even have a job, and I can't give him the money right now, my Deli isn't making enough. Please, will you let me work for you? I will do anything, I can't let my brother die."

I considered this for a while. He seemed like an honest man, certainly one who knew how to keep his mouth shut and do what he was told. He looked spineless though, definitely no one who could do a hit. At least...not yet.

I sighed and looked at him "Look, I want to help, I really do, but you gotta be willing to do a few things. How about I put you on a few small heists, accompanied by a few guys who know what they're doing, and if you do well, I'll make you a coke mule, and you can start earning more. Capeesh?"

"Oh, Christ, thank you. I won't disappoint you, I promise."

"I hope for your sake that you don't." I said as I left the Deli. The color left his face for a moment, but he nodded and went back to work. He knew the score. Hopefully, I would have this new guy working for me for a long, long, time. I just gotta play things right.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-04 21:17:49

Oh god I got a job. Oh man, my stomach turned upside down when he left my Deli. Could I really do this? These deeds? Then I thought of my brother. I'd have to, but he BETTER pay me back in return. Well, next day a mysterious man came in. He had a black suit, and some shades, his hands in his pockets, his face all weasely.

He looked around then muttered "Alright c'mon, buddy I don't got all day.", he said lookin away.

"Do, you need help with anything sir?", I asked him swallowing my pride.

"I work for the Don. We're goin on a heist.", he said.

"Now? Why now? It's broad fuckin' daylight!", I complained

"Who gives a shit? You really are a spineless shitstain aren't ya?", he said.

I decided I shouldn't piss this guy off and so I replied back to him in an assertive tone. "Alright. Let's do it.", I said.

"Follow me." And so I did. I put a closed sign on the door and walked it following this sketchy guy.

We went outside and I saw his ride. A beat up Jalampi, not something that would raise my status in this hood, but who cares? We rode pass a bunch of slum: Graffitti, latinos and blacks, street fights, closed shops, homeless men, beggars, hookers, dope dealers and police sirens. Welcome to Brooklyn, New York, may I help you? We went up to a bank in the Economic District after riding our asses to Manhattan.

It was a prettier sight than Brooklyn, or Queens, or Yonkers, so I'd take it. We met up with, just guess, another shady figure, with, guns! He had a scar over his eyes, eyes that shot from place to place person to person. A grimace and frown on his pale face, and his name was Gustavo. What a figure. I was nervous around these people, but I had to do what I had to do. And so, I followed. Gustavo looked around and let us into an alley behind a bank. He handed us both silenced pistols, not a gun you'd see in my ghetto.

"Alright, here's your guns. You don't do anything until I get out of here and call you back, when I say you rob the place, you do. If not, your gonna see my angry, and if I get caught, your whacekd. You get caught and snitch on me? Your whacked. Do you understand me?"

I gulped and my lips quivered, I choked up, but the other guy got it.
"Yeah, yeah", we know, like this was justan annoying routine. Great, this guys a nut.

He walked into his car, looking around frantically. Finally he drove off.

The guy in the suit handed me some latex gloves, and and mask. He gave me some huge socks six pairs to big.

"What the hell do I do with these?", I asked holding the socks.

"Put em over your shoes, they'll cover up your sole patterns if you walk through any type of blood trail.", he said matrer-of-factly.

Oh man, I was really nervous now. My legs were Jello, my lips quivered, my hands wobbled, I got the chills and my stomach turned upside down, taking my lunch on a rollercoaster. I was about to walk away, try and talk myself out. But I was to far in. I had dug myself in a ditch I couldn't get out. Well, now it's time to lay down a blanket, and make myself comfortable until someone can dig me out.

Thirty minutes later the other guy got a phone call. When he was done he looked towards me and said "It's go time."

We walked in the bank, and it was all eyes on us. The guy next to me raised his gun at the security guards, and told me to get the clerk. I pointed my barrel, sweating now. I was six feet deep in shit.

"Life is like a dice game; one roll can land you in jail or cuttin' cake blowin kisses in the rice rain" - Jay Electronica

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-04 21:22:06

Charlie is walking down an alley and see's a little boy sleeping with only newspaper as a blanket.

Charlie: (Nudging the boy) Hey kid need anything? (Charlie waits five minutes and checks the boy's pulse) Sorry kid.

Charlie continues walking and hears a car suddenly stopping behind him. Charlie takes a revolver out of his pocket, turns around and fires a round with out thinking.

Frank: WHAT THE HELL CHARLIE, YOU TRYIN TO FUCKING KILL ME

Charlie: Sorry Frank, Any new leads?

Frank: Ya, I got Francesca's right hand man, Warmed him up for ya.

Charlie: Ok (Enters Frank's car) Lets go

Frank starts driving his car.

Frank: Charlie how far is ya wife?

Charlie: Six months

Frank: I'm tellin ya, Frank is a Great name.

Charlie: Just drive

Frank: ......... We're here, Go to the basement take your first left.

Charlie: Thanks (Charlie gets out of the car) Cover my ass back at the station.

Frank: Will do (Drives away)

Charlie follow Frank's directions and finds a beatened Man tied to a Chair with a light blaring into the prisoner's eyes. Charlie takes out a rusty knife from his jacket.

Charlie: See this knife, It's a hundred years old. It's the dull, rusty, and can't cut through shit. Now let me see ....... your pinky.

Charlie cuts off the prisoner's pinky, He doesn't flinch. Charlie cuts off the rest of the prisoner's fingers.

Charlie: I can see this is going no where (Takes out his revolver, and shoots him in the head)

Charlie exits the building and starts to running into an alley, turns right and enters a deli. Jimmy was walking out of the Deli when Charlie walked in.

Jimmy: (Smiling) Charlie, who did you kill today?

Charlie: I was hoping it was you, Fatman, yet here you are.

Jimmy: Aw, that's not very nice. I thought we were good friends?

Charlie: Don't jerk me around. One of these days I'm gonna catch you. And I'm gonna kill you.

Jimmy: Right back at ya, kid. Say hello to your brother for me.

Charlie: Fuck You (Pushes Jimmy)

Jimmy: (Whispers to his guards) Ruff him up a bit in the alley, But don't kill him.

Guard: Follow us sir.

Charlie: Fine

Charlie follows the guards. One tries to hit Charlie, and Charlie Dodges the punch. Charlie hits the guard, grabs a pistol out of the guards pocket, and points the gun at the guards.

Charlie: DON'T FUCKING MOVE (Charlie points the gun till he is near a corner to another alley way, and starts running away)

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-05 00:29:33

When it came to taking a leap of faith for Jimmy.It was a risky life-threatening move. Making a team of young and old criminals would prove tough for the 49 year-old crime boss but for the sake of making it to his 20th year reign as crime boss of America, Jimmy needed to work fast and create a team he could trust. A team with experience and youth, one that could leave a legacy behind to the young members of the team in the group. But first Jimmy needed a second in command, Someone he knew that could take care of his business when he kicked the bucket. He decided to ring up his personal arms dealer in Boston.
"Hello Gustov", Jimmy said.

"Jimmy? Hey how is everything old friend?", Gustov answered.

"It is good. Vegas has been good to me but i have a proposition to ask of you, Gustov", Jimmy said.

"What is it?", Gustov asked.

"I need your help in creating a team of people we can trust, people with nothing to lose, people with the same interest in controlling the crime business in America.People who will one day soon become independent crime bosses under our tutelage and rule crime with an iron fist.", Jimmy replied.

"I'll think about it.", Gustov answered.

"Well think fast because by Tuesday next week we'll be starting our search for Protegees of crime", Jimmy said with a laugh.

"Will do", Gustov replied.

"Alright, Gustov. I'll talk to you later", Jimmy said and hung up the phone.

He walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Before going to bed. When he had finished. He walked slowly to bed and slipped through the cool sheets and went to sleep.

Like every city in the world Boston looked wonderous in the nightime. Not alot of people were out late on a Sunday. Work started tomorrow and the short weekend was nearly over. As Gustov was finished organizing weapons he would be delivering at 3:00am in the morning. He entered his closed quarters and fell on his bed. He checked his watch for the time, which read 9:30pm. With the offer off making a team with Jimmy still on his mind he slowly drifted to sleep.

End of part 1....

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-05 19:16:35

My barrel was aimed right at one man's face. He was only in his twenties, fear in his eyes. I couldn't kill him. Then I saw the other guy.

"Umm sir we can't do this... a-alone?", I said quivering.

"We're not. Three other guys are comin' in through the back. Two are breakin the lock and comin' through the back. They'll take care of the security cameras in the security room and anyone who's hangin out there, hittin alarms. The other guy will watch our asses. Then a guy will go down here and catch these guards off gurad. Ironic. Then we do the biz.", he said. "My name's Tony by the way."

"How do we get out of here?", I asked

"Truck. Another guy's got that under control.", he said sure of himself.

Then I heard a scream. "Are the guards... dead?", I asked Tony.

"Doubtful. Killing is loud, messy and unnecessary. We want cash, not grievance. Killing should only be done when needed.", he said.

Just then a gaurd got up from under a couch in a waiting area. He had a gun. He wasn't up there for long, as his body hit the floor when Tony's gun sounded. A pop, like a balloon popping, echoing through the porcelain building, and death. The man got hit in the chest, he popped backwards. He clutched his wound in pain, and started choking up. Coughing. He kept coughing, and then blood spattered on the couch and ground. Blood and dool mixed in a foam under his lip, dripping on to the ground. He finally hit the cold, hard, floor with a crack, a splat... and a thud.

Then two guys in masks with socks over their feet came in with guns, aiming at the other guards. The guard put thier hands up, and the other guys tied them up. Our backup.

"D'you dispose of the tapes?", asked Tony, beckoning to the other guy.

"Yeah, we turned off the cameras also.", he said.
"Good", Tony replied.

We walked to the vault. And Tony took something out of his pocket. It was a package wrapped in crumpled paper, with a string ,with gunpowder slicked, on sticking out the top. A bomb. Then Tony taught me how to plant one. He told me to take a match, light it, and then walk back two steps. Stretch your arm out to light the fuse. He emphasised on putting the match in your pocket instead of throwing it on the ground. Then you run behind cover. Then he gave me a match. "Do it", he told me expectingly.

I took the bomb, nervous I'd blow myself up. But, surely, I put down the package. It was heavy, and the paper was wrapped tight. I walked back to steps. I stretched my arm out and lit the fuse, hesitantly. Then? I ran like hell.

I sprinted across the hall, down the steps that lead to the vault and into the lobby. I vaulted over a sofa, and hit the floor, hard because the carpeting was thin. Tony was right vehind me. I plugged my ears. Tony didn't, the bomb blew, and we walked up to the vault.

Tony turned back at me when he realized that I was following him. "Signal the grey truck, up to the sidewalk.", he said.

I walked to the doors and sure enough, a rusty, greay truck was waiting outside. "Park on the sidewalk!", I yelled. The driver drove it to the sidewalk and had the loading bed out towards the door.

Tony ran out with some cash in a bag. For two more minutes we loaded money into the back. Then we made our escape.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-05 19:31:07

Charlie. I could kill him. But everyone would know it was me. I HAD to figure out a way. I needed to get that asshole out of the way.

That wasn't important. I had other things on my plate at the moment. I picked up my cell phone and made a call.

"Tony. You there?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

Tony Doggs, one of the guys I had working for me. A great guy, always reliable, and he had even been shot a few times by cops and never complained once.

"You guys on the robbery yet?"

"Yeah, yeah, we're driving over to pick up the new guy right now."

"Good. Make sure Harry knows what to do. This is a big heist, and I'm trusting you and your guys. Don't fuck this one up, or you'll bring down heat on this whole fucking crew."

"Yeah, yeah, I got this one in the bag, boss. It's all there."

"Good."

I hung up. I was a bit worried, but Tony was solid, he could always handle the jobs I gave him, even the more difficult ones. I called Pauly to see if the new shipment of cocaine was in, just to make sure that everything was on the up and up.

"Sure, Jimmy, I just got it. I got some guys in Pittsburgh who want to buy this, so I'm driving up there. They're small time, and they're willing to pay $150 a gram for this. What idiots!"

"Okay, okay" I laughed "That's good to hear. Watch out that you're not tailed. These cops can be real jerk offs."

"No problem, Jimmy, I'm always clean. I'm positive. I gotta run."

I hung up. Things were looking better for me.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-08 18:45:37

Well, so far so good. The news reported the robbery, but we weren't close enough to the guy Tony killed to get any blood on clothing, no DNA were recovered on the bullets, and the truck that we used to get out had a covered license plate, and has been repainted, and shined, derusted, and looks like new. No security guards were murdered beisdes the one, and the other security guards in the Camera room were tied up, and didn't hear any of the robber's voices. They are on a dead trail, as there were no real witnesses. Thank... God.

I got paid 120 $, not much, but he promised more if I kept up the work. Today I worked in my Deli, and got enough money to buy me dinner, and so now I have 120 more bucks saved up. I just hope I'll get more money when I do some more jobs. Then a guy came in. Tony. He said he had a job for me. He told me about a little Gas Station down the road, three blocks away. He said they didn't pay their share, and he wants me to rob the store, and wreck as much as the place as I could with whatever I could grab. Simple enough.

I drove down the street and saw it. A little place, with some low priced gas. I got out of my car, with a metal baseball bat. I walked in the store, and held the bat up, like an MLB player. The man backed off. He was a black man, very young, poor looking.

"Money, please.", I said demandingly. Then he did something I would've never imagined. He pulled a gun, a Glock. He aimed it at me. Shaking.

"Get, get, g-get out of here man.", he said nervously.

I dropped the bat. I was frozen. "Don't shoot.", I choked. He repeated to try and chant me out. "I can't let this place get robbed. I need to feed my family.", he said.

"I got to save mine from some gangsters.", I said. " I, I, I see.", he said, loosening up abit. "Please, just give me some cash.", I said. "Fine, h-here take this",he told me. He handed me forty dollars cash. I told him about what else I had to do.

"No.", he said frozen. He stared for a minute. The whole place was silent, as if frozen in time. "NO!", he screamed. "I'll, I'll pay you back. I swear.", I told him. I picked up my bat and smashed the window. Then the shleves. I smashed a light. I felt guilty, horrible. This was the worst thing I had done so far. I thought I was evil. I thought I was a monster.

"I promise.", I said. I started to tear up. Soon enough I was sobbing, crying. The man seemed angry, like he was gonna kill me. Then he heaved a deep breath. "Leave", he said quietly, and calmly. I ran to the door, looking back making sure he didn't have a gun. "Thank you", I told him.

And so I left, and drove off.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-08 21:02:00

Charlie is leaving a funeral service with his pregnant wife by his side.

Charlie: (Charlie's Mind) He's dead, I can't believe he's dead. Jack is dead. The only alive brother I have left is dead. My brothers were a three man army. Jack was the brawn, I was negotiator, Dan was the brains. Dan got shot by a mugger. Jack was going to be a Professional football player, till he tore his A.C. He was then stuck with the same dead end job, which got him killed. Jack hated that job, and that job killed him. Now all I hav left is Emma.

Emma: Lets go home.

Charlie: Just wait, I have to ask Frank some. Go wait in the car (Singals Frank to come over to Charlie)

Emma gets in Charlie's car and Frank walks over to Charlie.

Charlie: Is it Doggs' bullet?

Frank: Ya, Its got his signature rottweiler engraved on the bullet. Still can't prove it's him.

Charlie: Do we still know where he lives?

Frank: Yes, same House, same place, same Damn dogs.

Charlie: Good.

Frank: If you do kill him, Find out who hired him.

Charlie: I will.

Charlie then starts walking to his Car

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-08 23:57:37

I get an urgent call from a familiar number. Doggs. He gave me his number earlier, and so I took it, hesitatnyl, but surely. When I answered he was urgent. He was breathing heavily, scared.

"Please... come... come to my house. It's... you know.... bring a gun. A, a, a shotgun. He's comin' for me."<,he panted and groaned, in between breathes. I heard gunshots. Tony needed my help. I grabbed my shotgun immediatley.

Then I had a second thought. Tony was an evil man. He murdered, robbed, and worked for an even eviler evil man. Should I save him? I, didn't know. But I started driving. Queens, here I come.

He lived in a mansion outside Queens, in the wilder areas. It was an hour drive. I swore he was dead. Sure enough, when I was there, it wasn't there. His house, in ashes, long burned out. Doggs was no where to be found. The thought came to my head: He's dead I ran, and ran. Back to my car. I was getting out of there. I called the boss.

"Hello.",he said.

"It's me Harry.", I said afraid.

"What is it?", he asked

"Tony's dead."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-09 00:57:48

I was reading in bed when I got the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"It's me, Harry."

"What is it?

"Tony's dead."

I leaped out of bead and got dressed. I sped over to Tony's house. The police weren't there. There was no crime scene. But I knew that at least one police officer had been there. I drew my pistol and ran up to the front door, which was wide open.

I went inside, and saw Tony's crew all over the fucking place. He had a few guys that stayed around his mansion and guarded the place from rival gangs, or cops. If it was a rival gang, they would've left a tag, or a message. Hell, they probably would have killed me instead. This was Charlie, trying to piss me off. It looked like the two sides had been exchanging fire from pistols for a while. I looked around, and, aside from the occasional dead henchmen, discarded round casings for bullets, there was nothing. Everyone there had caught a round in the face, meaning whoever did this was experienced. I walked over to Tony's study. I nearly cried.

I saw Tony lying on the ground, pistol in hand. He had been shot in the forehead. Three of his dogs were around him, whimpering, licking at his fingers, waiting for there master to wake up from a permanent nap. The fourth dog, his favorite, Disoto, was in the hallway, flesh within his teeth. It looked like he had torn the throat out of one of the attackers while trying to protect his master, and had paid dearly for it.

"I will avenge you, Tony." I said as tears rolled freely down my face. "Your death will not have been in vain."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-09 09:51:15

I swore when the boss came out, I could see dried tears on his face.

"Dead, all dead.", he had said, grimly.

"Fuck.", I muttered.

The Don had an observant thousand yard stare on his face, his eyes pointed towards the trees, but looking at his memories. Then, hesitantly, I asked him something.

"Are we, are we gonna kill the guy who did this?", I asked.

"Ofcourse we are", he said, confidently. "Tony won't die in vain.", he said indignatly.

"Thanks Harry.", he said. "Thanks for tellin' me."

I returned to my Deli flustered. This time, Tony didn't come in my Deli. It was another guy. He said his name was Charlie.

"Hey, you.", he said. "I gotta job for you."

"What- what does the Don want now?", I asked.

"Fuck what he wants.", he said. "I want you to spy on him.", he whispered.

"What? W-wait. You killed Tony", I said. a chill up my spine.

"Ofcourse I did. You think the bastard will get away with killing my brother? Never.", he said vicously. "He deserved it."

My baseball bat hit hard. It smacked right above Charlie's temple, and bounced off almost as quickly as it hit. He boucned back on me, grabbing the bat in swift swipe, pulling me over the front desk, his arm right above my arm's joint, like a karate master before he chops.

"I can break your arm," he said, calmly. "Then I will aim my Desert Eagle at your face, and fucking kill you.", he finished.

"You will spy. Or I will ruin your store, rape your mother, and kill you.", he said, seriously.

"OK.", I choked.

"Here's my number.", he said handing me a slip of paper. "You get any info, call me.", he said.

Once again, I find myself six feet deep in shit.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-11 21:01:11

A bloody Charlie enters His house, and starts limping towards the Kitchen. He grabs a Knife, Takes off his trench coat and shirt. Charlie is bleeding heavily in the right part of his shoulder. Charlie grabs a towel and wipes off the blood. After Spoting where the bullet wound is, Charlie wedges the knife into the wound and pulls the bullet out his body. He then wipes the blood off the knife with a blood soaked towel. Charlie put the knife on a burner and waits till the knife is hot to the touch. Charlie then places the hot knife on his wound and cauterizes it shut. Emma then walks into the room.

Emma: Charlie, Why are you... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-14 22:25:31

I walked out of my house. After crying and drinking half a bottle of liquor, I had come to the conclusion that I was going to murder Charlie. It was two in the morning, and I was wandering around the streets, gun in hand, drunk with rage. I saw a lone figure wandering down the street. He was wearing a trench coat, just like Charlies. I walked toward the man. It was definitely Charlie.

I aimed my pistol, but failed to steady my hand. When I fired, I hit the stop sign almost a foot away from his head. He spun around and drew his pistol, returning three shots. They all missed. I shot again, and he ducked just in time for me to hit his hat instead. He shot two more times. The first one missed, the second one got me right in the shin. I took aim a third time as he was running away, and squeezed the trigger. I heard him yowl in pain, as he dropped his pistol and clutched his right shoulder.

I smiled with glee. I had hit him. I ran after him to finish the worthless nothing of a man, but after only a few steps, I collapsed. My shin was too weak. I glanced up and saw him running away, deciding against continuing our fire fight. I hadn't gotten my vengance, but it was a start. I would one day stand over his corpse and smile. One day very soon.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-16 15:35:24

Emma: WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOME ONE JUST SHOT AT YOU, YOU'RE A FUCKING POLICE OFFICER?

Charlie: That's exactly what I mean, someone just shot me. I returned fire but he just ran away.

Emma: Charlie, You know who did this. Just please tell me the truth.

Charlie: ..... It was Jimmy.

Emma: THE MOB BOSS?

Charlie: ..... Yes

Emma: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM?

Charlie: .... I killed one of his men.

Emma: JESUS CHRIST CHARLIE, WERE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THE BABY? YOU KNOW WHAT, NEVER MIND, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOUSE.

Charlie: But

Emma: NOW

Charlie slowly walks out of his house.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-18 17:32:40

I wake up next morning and head to the Don's house, to do my spying mission. He wasn't there, just my luck.

I went to the Deli waiting for someone, nobody came to offer me a mission. I called the Don, his phone was off. I called his homephone, he wasn't there. I was starting to worry. I called Charlie. I think I caught him in a bad time.

'Hey, umm, Charlie? Do you happen to know where Jimmy is?"

"Jimmy?", he sighed.
He was silent for awhile.

"Well-"

"NO!", he screamed with anger. I was scared he would come to the Deli and shoot me on the spot. Ofcourse it was rediculous, but in this whole mob business it's never a bad time to get paranoid.

"But, when I do, he's dead. Check out the hsopital, ask for his name. You know his first and last name right?"

"Umm, Yes.", I said.

"OK. Go there. Ask what room he's in."

I pondered upon myself, wondering why he'd be in the hospital.

"W- Why? Did you? I no, you- YOU FUCKIN BASTARD!", I screamed.

"You killed Tony, now your gonna kill him? I won't let-"

"YOU WILL TELL ME WHERE HE IS! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T!" he screamed. His voice wwas twice as furious and loud, filled with odium and angst. Anger, hatred. It was scary.

"Yes.", I said meekly.

I headed to the hospital, sure enough the Don was there.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-18 18:29:22

I staggered home. I picked up the phone.

"Pauly?"

"Hey."

"Pauly, you gotta take me to your friend, Jeff. I've been shot, but I can't go to the hospital, that's the first place Charlie'd look, and he'll fucking kill me. I can't let him find me in such a weak state."

"Alright, I'll have someone call him."

"NO! It has to be YOU! I don't know how the fuck he found out Doggs was working for me, but I think we have a rat in the group. I just want you to call Jeff directly. Call him from an outside line, and then come pick me up at my place."

"Jimmy....okay.....you alright man?"

"Yeah....yeah I'm just fucking fine......."

I hung up. That son of a bitch Charlie was putting me in a hell of a position. I had to do something about him.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-18 19:33:49

keep up the good work, im loving.

BBS Signature

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-18 21:26:09

Is it too late to join? I'd love to participate.

"There are no nudists in cold areas." - Tsugumi Ohba

BBS Signature

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-20 16:52:46

At 1/18/11 09:26 PM, EraldoCoil wrote: Is it too late to join? I'd love to participate.

Certainly not. I would love to have some more characters added. Preferably another gangster, since we already have a cop, a snitch, and then the mob boss. You COULD be Jimmy's brother Pauly, but that's fine if you had another character in mind.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-20 18:05:03

A snitch? Well, whatever, but after Charlie's dead I won't. Well, who knows how things will go along. And I'd love to see another cahracter. Join! Where did that shady weapons dealer dude go? He was included in two paragraphs, never made his own part of the stroy, then mysteriously disappeared. What happened? And apparently you weren't at the hospital? Oh well, scratch out my last segment.
----------------------------------------
-----------------
He wasn't at the hospital. I was scared. What could I do? I couldn't kill Charlie, he was too good. Jimmy was dead for all I know. Now what?

Then someone came into my Deli. He had a bandanna on, a pair of shades, a backwards hat, gloves, sweat pants, and a T- shirt. He pulled a gun and aimed it at me.

"Gimme da money.", he muffled.

His voice was similar, I remembered it. Then my mind went back to the last job Tony gave me. The storeowner. Oh no.

"Its, its you?", I said.

He slammed a fist in my face, hopped over the desk and pistol whipped me in the face. He kicked my chin, and smashed up my shop. He beat me up, blood flying out of my cheek. He shot up my shop, destroying things. He stole my money in the register, and ruined the Deli. My meats were on the ground, glass from the glass meat containers shattered. Everything, ruined.

I went down on my knees and started to cry, as years of work was destroyed before me. I was gonna need a big job to get money to pick myself back up. Two more weeks in this month, then another month before my brother's time runs out...

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-21 21:59:37

Does that mean you want Charlie dead?

Charlie and Frank are driving in Frank's car.

Charlie: Hey, thanks for letting me stay at your place.

Frank: No prob, just warn me when you get shot.

Charlie: ...... Slow day

Frank: Yup, did you get any info at Tony's.

Charlie: No, I just know his weapon's supplier is a "Gustov'

Frank: So we have commies working for the mafia. Just great.

Police Scanner: We have a 211, and a 245 at Pearl street. Requesting confirmation.

Charlie: (Grabs the microphone) Unit 254 is on there way.

Charlie and Frank pull up to A destroyed Deli, with A bloodied Harry laying on the side walk

Charlie: Jesus Christ

Frank: Well holy shit, what happened here?

Charlie: .... (Charlie Takes out two thousand dollars out of his pocket and lays it near Harry) Hope that helps.

Frank: Where the hell did you get that Money?

Charlie: Did you think a Bank robber would put his money in a bank?

Frank: True..... Do you have any spare thousands?

Charlie: (Laughs) About ten on me. I was thinking about putting it in a College fund for my kid. After the heat for Tony's murder was gone.

Frank: Could you spare a few thousands for your old friend?

Charlie: Ha, Sure.

Harry: Could you stop having a Good time and find out who did this, please?

Frank: Sure. Charlie, take him to the hospital.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-22 10:51:12

I was in the car with this madman. He was taking me to the hospital, he gave almost enough to pay my brother off. But would that forgive Tony's death? I don't know. I had barely known him, but he was still a human being. Then again, he wa probably more morally gray then Charlie.

Which made me think. Who is Charlie? He killed Tony, forced me to spy for him, but why? Why does he want these men dead? I decided that this wasn't exactly the time to for personal matterings. It was probably just business. These men were all mobsters, killers. Who was I to ask? Its not like they are anything else. Or was I wrong?

My cheek was numb and I was still angry and sad over my Deli. I was getting the man. He was dead for sure. I have the balls to kill someone. I may have not before, but now, with what I've went through for the past week, with where I grew up in, that ghetto, and the situation with my brother? Consider the vandal dead.

When we arrived at the hospital, I was taken in to a room. They did scans on me, after they figured out why I was in the hospital. A broken nose, a bruise that had to be fixed inside my cheek. I would be here for awhile. But when I got out, my revenge would be in progress, and my questions to Charlie and Jimmy were to start. I was at a time where I would have to figure what man I would work for, I would need to see how this war started, and I would decide who I would kill. Charlie? Or Jimmy?

Organized Crime is a pain in the ass.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-22 23:08:40

On the off chance you're still taking characters, here's someone.

Name: Rob Crawford
Occupation: Former muscle, just released from a seven-year stint in jail.
Details: Nicknamed "The Rail" either for his skinny build or for breaking a man's arm against a staircase railing, depending on who you ask. May have been involved with the robbery that killed Charlie's brother, but nothing was ever proven. Jailed for aggravated assault, feels that the mob should have protected him after his arrest. Allegiance currently nebulous.

Response to Gangster Chronicals 2011-01-23 12:04:49

Hey man join on in! We were needing more characters.