00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Spell checker blows

455 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The NG Spell checker blows 2010-12-04 06:45:04

First off, I've never seen anybody complain about this...so I'm terribly sorry if this has been addressed before, just delete the thread or link me to one and give me an e-whack in the face...

The Newgrounds spell checker for the BBS and writing reviews is awful...I'm not sure if anybody else noticed this or not, but if I misspell a word, chances are when I right click the wavy red line underneath it, the correct word isn't going to be there. It's almost always wrong...and I have no idea why it's so bad....but I figured I'd at least mention this and see if anybody else had similar experiences with it...

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Spell checker blows 2010-12-04 07:38:30

As far as I'm aware, Newgrounds doesn't have a spell checker. That's your browser making those funny lines.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to The NG Spell checker blows 2010-12-04 07:48:59

At 12/4/10 07:38 AM, Doomsday-One wrote: As far as I'm aware, Newgrounds doesn't have a spell checker. That's your browser making those funny lines.

That's browser based?????

So you're telling me that's Chrome? What the.....now I'm really confused....because I use Google to figure out what the word actually is that I'm looking for.....but they made this browser....

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Spell checker blows 2010-12-04 08:04:31

At 12/4/10 07:38 AM, Doomsday-One wrote: As far as I'm aware, Newgrounds doesn't have a spell checker. That's your browser making those funny lines.

Dude you are so right...I can't believe I didn't know that! I figured it was a site based feature, but then again, I only really type long messages on Newgrounds. Omfg....learn somethin everday. I feel like a dumbshit.

I found this link. Apparently, lots of people are finding Chrome's spell checker to be worthless. I wonder why....Google gets the right word every time, even if I copy and paste the exact same misspelled word. Even sometimes when I'm ONE LETTER off, Chrome still can't figure it out.

Honestly, it's the most worthless spell checker I've ever come across...Google needs to fix their browser...

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Spell checker blows 2010-12-04 08:52:41

At 12/4/10 08:04 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Honestly, it's the most worthless spell checker I've ever come across...Google needs to fix their browser...

It's a spellchecker based upon whatever version of Firefox that Google nicked and re-branded. Seriously, Opera and Firefox have much better dictionaries. Perhaps it's because I use the dictionary for British English that I don't see any issues?

If you need to sort it out, get the settings changed, by adding the words to the dictionary, effectively customising it yourself. Knowing Google, they'll get that information back and improve your dictionary, with stuff that other people have added as well.

Coming soon, words like "thier" :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature